Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

SNCommand

Was a very good episode, the chase scene was phenomenal

I'm curios to see who the dark jedi is, the likely suspect would be Ventress, but one wouldn't think so with her previous character development, but then again it would be dumb to reveal it to be someone we have never seen before

I also noticed that the scene in the season 5 finale trailer where Ahsoka is seemingly on trial in front of Palpatine was not in this episode, which would mean she either gets captured or goes willingly back into custody, kind off a bummer as this might mean the season ends with her freed from her charges, was hoping for some serious shacking up of the status quo before the next season

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the episode, and the quality of the animation in the chase scene was the most impressive i've seen to date. It is quite exciting to think of the Clone Wars and other SW animated movies that are going to be made, with Disney's financial clout and eagerness and Lucasarts animation skills the next few years are going to be great for SW fans. Edited by KEKHAN

At first I suspected Sidious, but then the lightsaber cuts convinced me it was Ventress. But why? If it is Ventress was she targeting Ashoka all along? Did she pose as a Jedi or does she have an accomplice? And how did she know that Ashoka would get arrested? Most of all I want to know what Ventress' motives are, I mean I never got the feeling she hated the Jedi, or Anakin - although they do have a history...

But yeah, the chase scene was awesome and suspenseful. And I thought the stun bolts deflecting off her lightsaber was visually stunning. I also like the Imperial theme going on here, what with the Imperial March, the prison cells from the Death Star and the fact that there are battlecruisers, tanks and military prisons dotted about Coruscant. Can't wait to see what the underworld is like. Great episode.

EDIT: One thing I noticed has improved is the animation of facial expressions, its sort of subtle but you'll notice they're far more expressive and detailed, same goes for gestures etc. TCW has certainly come a long way.

Edited by Beniboybling

I enjoyed that episode. When they were first arriving at the prison (Before Ahsoka Tano was arrested) it had a somewhat Imperial-like theme. I thought it was very imperial-like because of the colors used and just everything.

When Ahsoka Tano entered the prison, before she was arrested, the doors looked just like the ones seen on the Death Star in the actual movies. I also found it suspicious that Ahsoka Tano had to give up her lightsaber before entering, assuming the clones would kill her at a later point but apparently I was incorrect. Letta apparently actually was working with a Jedi, which was previously told to be false but right when she was about to say it, someone used the force ability known as Force Choke on her, and it was believed to be Ahsoka Tano. Commander Fox along with a squad of troopers head to the cell, and arrested Ahsoka Tano believing it was her, and it actually wasn't.

Later on, General Anakin Skywalker entered the prison facility attempting to see his apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, but was denied access due to the Admiral's jurisdiction. He was apparently furiously angry about it, but decided to exit. Personally I believed there was going to be a fight once two clone troopers appeared with shock sticks, but I was wrong. General Skywalker later came back with Captain Rex, and I believe by then Ahsoka Tano already escaped, leading to a manhunt, but with guns set to stun, not to kill once General Skywalker gave the order. She was believed to of killed clone troopers due to being located at a location with 3 clone troopers on the floor apparently dead and was ordered to be a KOS by Commander Fox, later overruled by General Skywalker.

Finally, General Skywalker along with Captain Rex located Ahsoka Tano in the sewers and then, Ahsoka Tano jumped down a large underground tunnel, I believe told to have no bottom, but she landed on a small gas-like delivery ship, and afterwards the episode was over.

I really enjoyed this episode and can't wait till the next one which I believe was named when I checked "Hunting a Jedi." I am very excited for what will be in the next episode and can't wait to find out. :D

I also suspected it was Sidious who killed Letta, but I found no proof of it being Sidious, nor any other Jedi or Dark Jedi yet, and I'm hoping to find out in the next episode.

Edited by spookyBen

Well, the prime suspects we know about would be either Sidious or Ventress, could be Maul as well but I doubt he could pass as a jedi

Could also be someone we haven't seen before, but I doubt they would bring in someone unknown

Who knows? They might. I highly doubt it was Maul given he is likely still angry at Sidious for killing his brother known as Savage I believe to do something such as that possibly. I doubt it was Ventress because Ventress doesn't do sneaky things like that, she attacks without stealth, period. Sidious might be it though because when you talk about the title, its "The Jedi who knew too much," so it could be that Letta was going to tell Ahsoka it was the Chancellor, who is known as Darth Sidious with his sith lord name, therefore exposing the Chancellor in a way.

But still, theres not enough proof to make actual statements of it being whoever, but I do have suspicions of either a new person being introduced, or it being sidious.

A great episode, especially at the end with the escape and resulting chase scene. I especially loved the way the stun bolts would splash as if they were liquid when blocked by Asoka's saber. I don't know if anyone else noticed it but I loved the homage to the movie "The Fugitive" when Anakin catches up to Asoka in the sewers. It reminded me of the scene where US Marshal Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones) caught up to Dr. Kimble (Harrison Ford) at the dam....just before Kimble jumps down to the spillway of the dam to escape.

my thoughs are the accomplice is the Mirialan jedi talking to ashoka. or she could be working with sidious. not sure about ventress though, would be cool if shes back .

At first I suspected Sidious, but then the lightsaber cuts convinced me it was Ventress. But why? If it is Ventress was she targeting Ashoka all along? Did she pose as a Jedi or does she have an accomplice? And how did she know that Ashoka would get arrested? Most of all I want to know what Ventress' motives are, I mean I never got the feeling she hated the Jedi, or Anakin - although they do have a history...

But yeah, the chase scene was awesome and suspenseful. And I thought the stun bolts deflecting off her lightsaber was visually stunning. I also like the Imperial theme going on here, what with the Imperial March, the prison cells from the Death Star and the fact that there are battlecruisers, tanks and military prisons dotted about Coruscant. Can't wait to see what the underworld is like. Great episode.

EDIT: One thing I noticed has improved is the animation of facial expressions, its sort of subtle but you'll notice they're far more expressive and detailed, same goes for gestures etc. TCW has certainly come a long way.

Edited by sithgreyguard

Who knows? They might. I highly doubt it was Maul given he is likely still angry at Sidious for killing his brother known as Savage I believe to do something such as that possibly. I doubt it was Ventress because Ventress doesn't do sneaky things like that, she attacks without stealth, period. Sidious might be it though because when you talk about the title, its "The Jedi who knew too much," so it could be that Letta was going to tell Ahsoka it was the Chancellor, who is known as Darth Sidious with his sith lord name, therefore exposing the Chancellor in a way.

But still, theres not enough proof to make actual statements of it being whoever, but I do have suspicions of either a new person being introduced, or it being sidious.

my thoughs are the accomplice is the Mirialan jedi talking to ashoka. or she could be working with sidious. not sure about ventress though, would be cool if shes back .
Ventress attacks without stealth? I wouldn't say that, I would strongly disagree. She is an Sith assassin remember and on numerous occasions has been dispatched to deal with her enemies via stealth. For example when she rescued Gunray, when she used the Clone Trooper (Slick) as an informant on Christophsis, when she acted as a spy on Kamino, when she tricked Jabba in to thinking the Jedi had kindapped Rotta, when she used Savage as a pawn etc etc. Stealth is practically her middle name, along with Nightsister and assassin and subterfuge which are synonymous with stealth.

And also the fact that as we see in the trailers, it is her that Ashoka confronts. Seems a very unlikely coincidence. And if it is Sidious, who killed the Clone Troopers? I can't imagine Sidious getting out his dark side get up and sneaking around a military base to kill some troopers, looks like the work of Ventress.

And remember that Sidious is the Chancellor, and Letta said it was a Jedi. Letta would be able to recognise the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic I'm sure, and not mistake him for a Jedi. But then again, Ventress, or whoever it was, must have a Jedi accomplice. Otherwise how would Letta have a name? Come to think of it, why would this 'Jedi' give her a name at all?

I also doubt its the Barriss Offee because she dies in Order 66 (cut scene however) which means she's with the Republic till the end. Then again that could easily be retconned as it never made an appearance in the films, but she seems very light side, pro Jedi to me...

I don't think it's Ventress, it just seems to unusual and an extreme step from what we've seen from her before. I think it has to be someone whose known, otherwise the guards would of been extremely suspicious and wouldn't of just of been knocked out when Ahsoka first escapes.

I don't think it's Ventress, it just seems to unusual and an extreme step from what we've seen from her before. I think it has to be someone whose known, otherwise the guards would of been extremely suspicious and wouldn't of just of been knocked out when Ahsoka first escapes.
I'm not quite sure I understand what your saying here. :confused:

What do you mean suspicious? Jedi weren't allowed in the facility either so a quick stealth attack would have been the only option. And if it was a Jedi who used his/her identity to gain access, there would have been record of that. But I don't really get what your saying...

It is unusual, but only because we don't have all the facts. She hates Jedi, and she hates Anakin. So at least bombing the Jedi temple is not much of a stretch, who knows what she has planned for Ashoka... but the main reason I think this is the case is because Ventress confronts Ashoka in Undercity - that seems to much of a coincidence.

Ventress attacks without stealth? I wouldn't say that, I would strongly disagree. She is an Sith assassin remember and on numerous occasions has been dispatched to deal with her enemies via stealth. For example when she rescued Gunray, when she used the Clone Trooper (Slick) as an informant on Christophsis, when she acted as a spy on Kamino, when she tricked Jabba in to thinking the Jedi had kindapped Rotta, when she used Savage as a pawn etc etc. Stealth is practically her middle name, along with Nightsister and assassin and subterfuge which are synonymous with stealth.

And also the fact that as we see in the trailers, it is her that Ashoka confronts. Seems a very unlikely coincidence. And if it is Sidious, who killed the Clone Troopers? I can't imagine Sidious getting out his dark side get up and sneaking around a military base to kill some troopers, looks like the work of Ventress.

And remember that Sidious is the Chancellor, and Letta said it was a Jedi. Letta would be able to recognise the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic I'm sure, and not mistake him for a Jedi. But then again, Ventress, or whoever it was, must have a Jedi accomplice. Otherwise how would Letta have a name? Come to think of it, why would this 'Jedi' give her a name at all?

I also doubt its the Barriss Offee because she dies in Order 66 (cut scene however) which means she's with the Republic till the end. Then again that could easily be retconned as it never made an appearance in the films, but she seems very light side, pro Jedi to me...

Oh, my mistake. But Sidious is a Dark Jedi and could of made Letta think he was a Jedi (Though he is a sith lord.)

And I just had thoughts of a chance of it being General Skywalker possibly, because he has used Force Choke before as seen in a episode a while back he used Force Choke on Gunray to get Gunray to tell him something which I forgot. Though, I don't know why he would Force Choke Letta, but who knows.

Oh, my mistake. But Sidious is a Dark Jedi and could of made Letta think he was a Jedi (Though he is a sith lord.)

And I just had thoughts of a chance of it being General Skywalker possibly, because he has used Force Choke before as seen in a episode a while back he used Force Choke on Gunray to get Gunray to tell him something which I forgot. Though, I don't know why he would Force Choke Letta, but who knows.

Hmmm, I get the feeling the writers were making it look like it was Anakin, but then revealed it was not when they showed Anakin was not actually there... interesting thought though, who's to say the person who force choked Letta is the same one who helped Ashoka escape? Doesn't that seem counter intuitive? The person who choked Letta obviously wanted to keep something from Ashoka, while making it look like her to remove her from the picture. So why then would this person then help her escape? And go to such lengths to further make Ashoka look guilty?

I highly doubt this person could possibly have masterminded the whole thing, from the Jedi Temple sabotage, to framing Ashoka... Maybe Ashoka just got in the way and framing her was a means of taking her out, but again, why not just stop with her imprisonment? Why let her escape and frame her for more murders?

So this is the way I see it. This 'person' - possibly a Jedi - orchestrated the attack on the Temple. Letta attempted to tell Ashoka, the only Jedi she could trust, who this person was. The person, wishing it to remain a secret, silenced Letta and framed Ashoka. However another individual (possibly Ventress) seeking for some reason to undermine this person, helped Ashoka to escape, killing the guards not to frame her, but to stop them preventing her escape.

But why free Ashoka? She doesn't actually know anything. Well I remembered what Tarkin said, that the sound of the recording had been tampered with, so only Ashoka knows that Letta was working for a Jedi. And maybe this other person needs Ashoka to convince the Jedi. Just a theory, but I think there could be two people involved in this.

I didn't get how the guards could be attacked and not see who did it when the ones near the entrance were only knocked out and recovering as I recall.
Oh I see, well I think that only reinforces that fact it was Ventress. Being an assassin she can strike from the shadows without being seen. But then again she can't render herself invisible. Perhaps they were force choked like Letta, from a distance.

Then again, maybe the writers left them alive for a reason. It seems a bit random to have them only half unconscious, it doesn't really matter who did it, surely they would have seen their attacker? So maybe that information will soon come to light...

I didn't get how the guards could be attacked and not see who did it when the ones near the entrance were only knocked out and recovering as I recall.

Another thing is when they came upon the 3 dead Troopers, Commander Fox was hot on Asoka's heels and would have seen the glow from her Lightsabers and heard their distinctive sound when being used in combat.

Another thing is when they came upon the 3 dead Troopers, Commander Fox was hot on Asoka's heels and would have seen the glow from her Lightsabers and heard their distinctive sound when being used in combat.
Lol confused again, what's your point here?

Remember though, Commander Fox was not one of ones knocked out, he didn't see anything.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention that I found strange. Captain Rex remarks when he saw the dead troopers that Ashoka would never do something like this. Yet when Anakin leaves he tells the other clones that she has killed three troopers and should be considered dangerous... Sidious' influence?

Edited by Beniboybling

It could be Ventress and her motives to frame Ashoka to show Ashoka how it feels to not be able to trust anyone. Or it could be Palpatine ordering Maul to frame her so Anakin leans more into the darkside or it could be Palpatine himself framing Ashoka so Anakin leans more into the darkside. Darth Sidious is manipulating the war, keep that in mind, he has been the whole time.

What are the other Possibilities? Rogue jedi?

Edited by Jonoku

Lol confused again, what's your point here?

Remember though, Commander Fox was not one of ones knocked out, he didn't see anything.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention that I found strange. Captain Rex remarks when he saw the dead troopers that Ashoka would never do something like this. Yet when Anakin leaves he tells the other clones that she has killed three troopers and should be considered dangerous... Sidious' influence?

I could see Sidious being behind the whole thing really, pull more strings to make Anakin distrust the Jedi even more by using his Padawan against him.