Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eyes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
12.20.2017 , 04:20 AM | #131
Suggestions for new eyes:
(just links to random images I found which show what I mean)

ForjKlahaa
12.20.2017 , 04:36 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I would appreciate feedback on which brown should be darkened to help inform that decision. I would also like to invite your input on what new colors you would like to see in game. We will draw from your suggestions and see what we can do to make more options available.
I like the lighter brown but it's in the wrong place as the darker brown to the left (on the human slider) should take that place. Perhaps swap them or offer one free eye change to all characters created before a certain date (or make them free for a limited time.

As for new eye colours, I would like to see a very light blue (like Senya and LS Arcann) and a light green that is more mossy coloured. The light blue particularly is very dark and desaturated for me and I don't want to go bright white as that looks unnatural.

I'm a big fan of all the DS colours that have been introduced as permanent colours that aren't affected by your alignment so thank you for that.
Thinking about signing up or coming back?

Click here to make the most of it with in-game rewards. I look forward to seeing you around the galaxy

Ylliarus
12.20.2017 , 04:54 AM | #133
Hey folks,

There have been quite a few questions about what has been going on with eyes in SWTOR the past few updates. There are actually a few things going on and so here are some insights from our Senior Character Artist.

-eric
The three new yellow Sith eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle becoming available to Twi'lek, Togruta and Rattataki! That would be what I'd like to see most happen in regards to eye colours. I personally didn't have an issue with the brown colours, but if there is to be one darker then I'd vote for number 5 to become darker while number 6 staying the same as it is now. The latter has become a nice hazel-brown colour which I find very beautiful and appealing.
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

Farferello
12.20.2017 , 08:23 AM | #134
I wouldn't mind having a red back for humans. I had to hide my Sith's corruption because he went from nice red eyes to this orange-yellow blurry mess that looked awful on him. I know we have the DS eyes as an option in the CC now if you bought the pack, but there's still no solid red. I wouldn't mind the colour change if it looked more like Valkorian or Arcann's pre-redemption, but to me, DS V corruption eyes just look blurry and horrid (at least on my character, if you love it that's fine, but I wouldn't mind a solid red back.)

I'd definitely go for Heterochromia eyes also.

Stoigniewa
12.20.2017 , 10:13 AM | #135
Guys. its pretty simple revert Dark corruption V eyes from before the patch for all characters. Players with Corruption V looks like rainbow wagons with yellow-orange-green tint-black eyes. 3/4 people of my guild is laughing they arses off when they see my char without helmet

Krazhez
12.20.2017 , 02:33 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenkaiser View Post
I don't know if this is possible, but could you guys look into having mixed eye color combinations? Like one Blue/one Green, One Brown/one Gray, etc.? I think it would be a cool character customization to have in game.
I'd love this.

sentientomega
12.21.2017 , 09:02 PM | #137
Please, just make sure all the old eye colours are back, looking the way they were before all of this, and left unchanged.

Any new colours or colour combinations should be added totally separately, not overwriting the original colours.

To mess with the original eye colours just destroys the characters who have them and some of the older CC eyes, totally unnecessarily.

I do applaud the efforts underway to restore the original colours, but those Zabrak gold/red are looking far creepier than they used to, and the lighter brown which should be slightly darker, and has been mentioned, I hope this gets restored to it's original colour as well.
Aspie LGBT gamer: 162 (86 Start-at-60) characters, spread across Darth Malgus, Satele Shan and Star Forge, all at lvl 70!
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsrachelm View Post
LOL!!! Omg, that is the best analogy ever!

VirtualMorrigan
12.22.2017 , 03:33 AM | #138
On the matter of eyes: I understand what that designer is trying to do, but I see two issues with it, and frankyl I don#t quite understand how that keeps getting missed.

One is texture. Yes, I saw you added texture to the iris, which on close up _and from a certain angle_ looks more realistic and would look quite good in a static image. The problem is that texture alone doesn't do it, angle of light comes into it as well. You can get away with fixed textures on armour or even face because that's not what humans are wired to pay that much attention to. But eyes...from the wrong angle, the highlighted parts in the texture of the iris (which of course do not change with angle) make a character look cross-eyed or just weird.

The second is scale. Most of the time, a character is viewed from quite a distance and still has to have an expressive face/expressive eyes, which means you need more contrast than is "realistic", and the "realistic" textures interfere with that. Angle and distance of the viewer are important here, just compare to how for example paintings on the ceilings of cathedrals have angles deliberately distorted so they look good from where the viewer stands, or how proportions on large statues are deliberately changed to non realistic so they look "right" when someone stands in front of them and looks up. Same principle, you sacrifice correctness and realism to give the viewer a familiar view, because that is how perception tends to work.

I notice this most with the light grey and (previously) yellow-ish non CC eye colours. The textures are so heavy that when not in close-up, the characters seem to suffer from cataracts and partial blindness. It annoys me to no end.

Ditch the heavy textures from the original colours and make them optional for people who like them. Since the way people perceive colours is individual anyway, you won't ever get a real consensus on this anyway.

TheRandomWolf
12.25.2017 , 02:59 PM | #139
Hey folks,

There have been quite a few questions about what has been going on with eyes in SWTOR the past few updates. There are actually a few things going on and so here are some insights from our Senior Character Artist.

-eric
Honestly, it would be best rid of the hazel eye color(number 6 for Humans). Then you could add it as a brand-new color and allow players to temporarily switch eye color free of charge or make it ridiculously cheap. I'm sure many players would appreciate it. Thank you for taking your time and other developers into looking at this issue. Our characters really mean a lot to us.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

TheRandomWolf
12.29.2017 , 05:48 PM | #140
The new eyes still have major issues. This is not how eyes work... what were you thinking?
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.