Disable Inspect player

vecnysamotar

From your reaction, I knew of the banned player can not inspect; but it was on forbidden viewing as a player at each other

P.S .: What can be disabled it can also allow

in another MMO, this feature is enabled, and in case of raids if a leader wants to know what every player wearing is not an issue on request, to view the

• 1 month later...
No it's not! In LOTRO they simply gave the option to be inspected or not. You can turn it on/off!

As in every other game, except this one!

lol "every other game". Mighty big assumption there isn't it Pamp.

No, WoW does not have the disable feature for that either. It's not needed. You as a player need to be able to view what your co player is wearing/achievements before you run a FP, Ops, group run, etc...

There is too many times you need to know what's going on & if they don't say anything you need to be able to see for yourself.

1. With all the legacy gear availably it's very common for guys to share gear between their same class/spec toons, I have more then once seen people arrive for OPS nude lol

2. I was on Korriban a couple days ago, 60+ people there, 2 guys in chat (not trolling) totally convinced it's ok for a DPS spec toon to use some tank gear. I tried telling them hybrids are long gone in SWTOR, that every point wasted on shield/absorb/defense were DPS points they will lose, hurting their group and forcing the group to carry them. Over 60 people there, and only one other guy agreed with me. I told them to go to fleet and try joining a HM OPS group lol.

3. SM OPS about a week ago several guildies and I try to pug a healer, we get a DPS spec'd Sorc, in tank gear, who wants to main heal lol. I offered several times to help him out with gear/roles whatever, nope, nothing, boot.

and we wonder why real MMO's seem to be dying

Inspect is your friend, unless you have countless hours to waste on people with zero interest in actually learning the game

Defense rating IS NOT a tank spesific stat.

In fact ALL classes benefit from defense rating as it makes thei "natural" defenses better thus harder to hit.

A DPS spec, with gear that is mostly pure DPS, with a little Defense, and alclarity helps ALOT.

Alcrlarity helps with lessening cooldowns, ans yes even fractions of a second adds up in fights making you MORE potent, with a slight sacrifice in straight out power.

I used a DPS Marauder that was geared solely to boost my Alclraity and I was able to get 6 uses of offensive skills where I before did 5, however each hit did marginally less damage, but becuse I could use the skill more often it added up.

My current DPS uses a mix of Alclarity and Defense, I keep these mainly for the enchantments, and only enough to get that "littel" extra defense making a fraction more difficult to hit.

Gear on the toon really tells you littel or nothing other then appearance.

In fact ALL classes benefit from defense rating as it makes thei "natural" defenses better thus harder to hit.

A DPS spec, with gear that is mostly pure DPS, with a little Defense, and alclarity helps ALOT.

Alcrlarity helps with lessening cooldowns, ans yes even fractions of a second adds up in fights making you MORE potent, with a slight sacrifice in straight out power.

I used a DPS Marauder that was geared solely to boost my Alclraity and I was able to get 6 uses of offensive skills where I before did 5, however each hit did marginally less damage, but becuse I could use the skill more often it added up.

My current DPS uses a mix of Alclarity and Defense, I keep these mainly for the enchantments, and only enough to get that "littel" extra defense making a fraction more difficult to hit.

You're so wrong! lol

Don't ever group with me in anything as you have NO idea how to gear or even play properly. lol

Defense is SOLELY a tank stat. Ever! You might have some pieces that drop as you level that might have shield/defense/absorb in them that you wear, but end game you NEVER wear that unless you're a tank!

Very few, and I mean very few DPS classes use a lot Alacrity to help them either. It also depends on their sub class whether they need it or not.

In the end it all boils down to Power over alacrity or defense. You try running a progressive team wearing & talking the stuff you did here & you will get kicked in a heart beat. Or made to rebuild your gear.

Gear on the toon tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about a player whether they know what they're doing or not.

Do NOT try & tell anyone differently.

Huhwha?

Defense is a tank stat. Just because you gain effect from it doesn't mean you should be stacking it. A good DPS knows how to avoid being hit when they can help it. Stacking defense only hurts your damage output.

It's a tank's job to be your defense. Stacking defensive stats on your DPS only means that not only are you stepping on your tank's toes, but you're actually lowering your efficiency at your role. Roles exist for a reason. Trying to be a "jack of all trades" only makes you a failure at everything.

Alacrity is a different story. It's immensely helpful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Faster casts, faster GCD, faster cool down timers, faster proc rates, faster resource regeneration, etc. Practically anything that can speed up your rotation, it speeds it up.

Granted stacking too much alacrity just removes points that would otherwise increase the amount of damage you do. But there is a point being able to pull off moves in quicker succession actually outpaces the amount of damage you'd do at a normal pace; even if that damage is higher than it would be if you had alacrity.

YVery few, and I mean very few DPS classes use a lot Alacrity to help them either. It also depends on their sub class whether they need it or not.

In the end it all boils down to Power over alacrity or defense. You try running a progressive team wearing & talking the stuff you did here & you will get kicked in a heart beat. Or made to rebuild your gear.

I'm sorry, but no, that's not correct.

Ever since 4.0, tertiary stats (Accuracy, critical, alacrity, shield, absorb) are actually more important than secondary stats (power and defense).

In fact, aside from mod letterings (don't use them!), you should gain all the power or defense you need without ever having to focus on it at all. It merely comes naturally. IE: If you're a DPS or Healer, you use Lethal mods, which come with power. On top of that, every enhancement has power on it. So you don't ever need to "look" for power, it's just there.

So "power over alacrity" makes no sense. They aren't even in the same tier and you'll never be given the opportunity to weigh them against each other... bar choosing relics (in which case, Serendipitous relic every time).

As a DPS, you only ever have to worry about trying to stack tertiary stats: Crit, accuracy and alacrity. MAYBE primary mastery, when it comes to augmenting, but that depends on your gear build and how your numbers are crunched. But for all intents and purposes for the majority of players: just focus on juggling tertiary stats and using unlettered mods.

(and, for those curious about enhancements: Acute, Initiative and Quick Savant are the ones you want to use as a DPS. Nothing else.)

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Alacrity is a different story. It's immensely helpful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Faster casts, faster GCD, faster cool down timers, faster proc rates, faster resource regeneration, etc. Practically anything that can speed up your rotation, it speeds it up.

No, each class has a certain amount, aside from tanks that benefit from alacrity. But it's not like you are making it out to be. You still want Crit over all then alacrity & accuracy depending on your class. Go look at Bant's work if you need clarification.

Granted stacking too much alacrity just removes points that would otherwise increase the amount of damage you do. But there is a point being able to pull off moves in quicker succession actually outpaces the amount of damage you'd do at a normal pace; even if that damage is higher than it would be if you had alacrity.

Which is what my point was on the first. He's sacrificing other stats to "cast" faster, which in the end will actually hurt his numbers, not improve them.

In fact, aside from mod letterings (don't use them!), you should gain all the power or defense you need without ever having to focus on it at all. It merely comes naturally. IE: If you're a DPS or Healer, you use Lethal mods, which come with power. On top of that, every enhancement has power on it. So you don't ever need to "look" for power, it's just there.

Not entirely true, some classes still benefit from the Power crystals. So you do have to pay attention to that.

So "power over alacrity" makes no sense. They aren't even in the same tier and you'll never be given the opportunity to weigh them against each other... bar choosing relics (in which case, Serendipitous relic every time).

That was in reference to his first comment, like I stated above. He was completely going about it the wrong way.

Using his example of Mara DPS this is one way he should be gearing:

Ultimate Exarch (224 ilvl), Accuracy Stim

Marauder - Annihilation || Sentinel - Watchman

7109+-188 DPS @ 49.5 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5317 Mastery (2xA) | 2850 Power

1319 Critical (5xE, 3xA, 2xC) | 1015 Alacrity (3xE, 7xA) | 700 Accuracy (2xE, 2xA, Stim)

Marauder - Carnage || Sentinel - Combat

6857+-142 DPS @ 55.5 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5394 Mastery (3xA) | 2932 Power (2xC)

1354 Critical (7xE) | 825 Alacrity (1xE, 9xA) | 700 Accuracy (2xE, 2xA, Stim)

Marauder - Fury || Sentinel - Concentration

6418+-187 DPS @ 45.2 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5317 Mastery (2xA) | 2850 Power

1341 Critical (6xE, 1xA, 2xC) | 993 Alacrity (2xE, 9xA) | 700 Accuracy (2xE, 2xA, Stim)

If he uses the other stim:

Ultimate Exarch (224 ilvl), Mastery Stim

Marauder - Annihilation || Sentinel - Watchman

7107+-187 DPS @ 49.2 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5393 Mastery (Stim) | 2940 Power

1229 Critical (5xE, 3xA, 2xC) | 942 Alacrity (3xE, 6xA) | 701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

Marauder - Carnage || Sentinel - Combat

6856+-141 DPS @ 55.5 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5393 Mastery (Stim) | 2940 Power

1346 Critical (7xE, 2xC) | 825 Alacrity (1xE, 9xA) | 701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

Marauder - Fury || Sentinel - Concentration

6415+-187 DPS @ 44.9 APM | 6375 Endurance | 5393 Mastery (Stim) | 2940 Power

1258 Critical (3xE, 8xA, 2xC) | 913 Alacrity (5xE, 1xA) | 701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

In either AC he's using he still wants about normal alacrity, except using Acc stim then he has to augment alacrity in.

Wrong since 3.0 dropped, you are exactly the type of person this thread is talking about as to why inspect has to stay as is. This is not a rpg, every class has a fixed way to gear effectively, it's math.

I swear the gears attributes are just going to have to be changed from alacrity to healer ability, defense to tank ability, etc. before people get it.

That being said, if you play solo do what you like. Just don't group with people with the wrong classes gear on and not expect some ridicule.

• 2 weeks later...
No, each class has a certain amount, aside from tanks that benefit from alacrity. But it's not like you are making it out to be. You still want Crit over all then alacrity & accuracy depending on your class. Go look at Bant's work if you need clarification....

I don't really see the point in you even replying to me since it's a completely redundant and nonsensical post. You completely said "I disagree with you but I agree with everything you said."

I already gear myself based off of Bant's numbers, no need to link them to me. And it's funny to, because you used a Mara as an example. I main a sentinel.

The fact that none of the numbers for alacrity is 0 (in fact, they are all much greater than 0) just exemplifies how pointless that reply was. I mean, I never even made the slightest mention of the proportions of each stat you want to aim for.

So... it begs the question: why waste the time replying? Unless, of course, you thought I meant something else entirely? In which case, it could have been my fault for not properly explaining. Either way, I'd like to know.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

• 2 years later...
...Why would you want it removed? What possible harm can it do if someone can inspect you? I mean, the worst I can imagine is...they 'steal' your awesome outfit...maybe?

because people will inspect you and rag on you about your armor or other things.. so people want to avoid that so I agree with turning it off

because people will inspect you and rag on you about your armor or other things.. so people want to avoid that so I agree with turning it off

Sure, but let's say you turn it off... As noted above, the same people who would rag on you about your gear (as you're trying to get into a group(1)) will see that you're blocking inspect, and rag on you for an assumption of weak gear. (If you have strong gear, why are you hiding it?)

(1) I'm assuming the "get into a group" thing here. If you're saying that people are critiquing your gear as you wander around not bothering them, say so, and I'll wonder about ... something.

Sure, but let's say you turn it off... As noted above, the same people who would rag on you about your gear (as you're trying to get into a group(1)) will see that you're blocking inspect, and rag on you for an assumption of weak gear. (If you have strong gear, why are you hiding it?)

(1) I'm assuming the "get into a group" thing here. If you're saying that people are critiquing your gear as you wander around not bothering them, say so, and I'll wonder about ... something.

they can assume anything they want but they do not know and that makes what they say unknowing and means nothing.

if being in a group requires an inspection to join they can always unlock it if they wish to join that group.

Its an option that should be made available. why not have it? If the player wishes to use it why not? people are cruel. if a player does not want you to know his accomplishes and gear that should be his prerogative. the snoopers will just have to ask.

• 1 year later...
This is years later but I partially agree with thr OP. If you are grouped, then yes the group you're in should be able to inspect gear. but every random nosey person should not. People saying they love to see what others are using, that's exactly it, it's not your concern. you're being nosey... Some random person on fleet decided to critique your gear? who asked? IMHO the player's privacy (outside of FP/OPs) > your need to snoop. Edited by Cerazian

This is years later but I partially agree with thr OP. If you are grouped, then yes the group you're in should be able to inspect gear. but every random nosey person should not. People saying they love to see what others are using, that's exactly it, it's not your concern. you're being nosey... Some random person on fleet decided to critique your gear? who asked? IMHO the player's privacy (outside of FP/OPs) > your need to snoop.

Rather than bothering someone in the middle of whatever they're doing, I'll inspect someone to check out the armor because I admire the combination they put together.

Agreed. It's an extrememly useful function when trying to communicate gear and stats to others. As in, you can just go up to anyone and say, "cop that", and then they know. For new players, it makes explanations about gearing much simpler. I can say, "See how my gear's all def def def, shield, absorb? Well, that's what you need too 'cos you're a tank and you need to stop wearing damage gear if you want to play as tank because you'll die too much". Excellent function. ^^

Yes, this is true.

There's also another function, if someone is trying to sell you a ref link, you can look at their achievements, and chances are that if they have very few, or only the really basic ones, they could be a scammer. So it's useful that way too.

Part of the issue in this sorry mess of a thread is that there are *three* kinds of information that can be inspected:

* Achievements

* Stat-bearing gear

* The target character's visual gear (Outfit Designer slot)

I don't see any harm in inspecting visual gear. "How did he get that look? Oh, OK, like that, got it."

Inspecting achievements is an approximate stand-in for DKP, with all the (...) that goes along with that.

Inspecting stat-bearing gear is:

* not a universal feature - GW2 doesn't have it, for example

* not automatically a good thing, and might even be OP's original reason for posting, where he got kicked for having weak gear and/or inappropriate stat combinations.