Consideration for delay of new Rishi Stronghold update

TonyTricicolo

I am very upset right now however i will do the best I can to control myself by being polite. Please consider delaying the release of the new Rishi Stronghold until a new suitable house is implemented. We've waited so long for this stronghold only to be let down because of no adequate structures to use as a residence. We are used to waiting for content so we have no problem waiting longer. Please, there is no reason to push unfinished work just to hit a dead line. Think of how this effects so many people. You want to retain business, then do right by your customers. We are pleading with you. Listen to us for once. You developers can foster a great relationship with your players. Do right by us and we stay loyal. Show us you listen, participate in change, make this game great again. This is such an obvious cry. Please don't miss this opportunity. Edited by TonyTricicolo

I am very upset right now however i will do the best I can to control myself by being polite. Please consider delaying the release of the new Rishi Stronghold until a new suitable house is implemented. We've waited so long for this stronghold only to be let down because of no adequate structures to use as a residence. We are used to waiting for content so we have no problem waiting longer. Please, there is no reason to push unfinished work just to hit a dead line. Think of how this effects so many people. You want to retain business, then do right by your customers. We are pleading with you. Listen to us for once. You developers can foster a great relationship with your players. Do right by us and we stay loyal. Show us you listen, participate in change, make this game great again. This is such an obvious cry. Please don't miss this opportunity.

I agree 100%. I'm very upset and let down too. I stand with you. I'd be willing to wait for the addition of a proper house. It's not like I haven't waited years already, and other posters expect me to wait even more years for a different SH.

Right now, there is very little to keep me here. I've been loyal, spent money on a sub and packs and all kinds of things. But there is no story, there is no proper house...just nothing to do. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with a grubby slum and it's either that or don't bother to log in. The thing is, I WANT to decorate, I spend money both CC and credits to do it, but I'd like something worth while to work with. I'm about ready to throw up my hands. I hope that they'll reconsider, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

I would also prefer to wait for a proper building than have the stronghold released without one. If a proper building cannot be added than they ought to increase the movement radius on the hooks and open up the variety of hooks the wall decos can be used on. Additionally, ALL large, centerpiece, starship hooks should have small hooks laid on top of them. If you aren't going to consider the fact that many people like to use the strongholds for homes and want buildings to represent that, then give us the means to make our own.

This stronghold is just terribly disappointing. Including PvP should not have taken from other elements. It could have been such an amazing step forward for strongholds, but instead it has pigeon-holed the stronghold into something that has a limited appeal.

Agreed, the Rishi SH was made with too much of the PvP element in mind. Without having a proper area to designate as a residence or house then the entirety falls short. I can see this easily becoming another Manaan disappointment, because while the PvP element is interesting it should never have been the main purpose of the SH, because that is not what strongholds are for.

Signed. As of right now I am not going to be buying the SH at all (the ship isn't worth the full unlock price after consideration), so it doesn't matter to me if it is delayed. If they added elements that would inspire me to buy it, that of course would be worth it to me.

The strongholds are one of the only things that some players have had to look forward to in quite some time. Seeing it given over to PvP with little consideration given to other elements is upsetting.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Signed. As of right now I am not going to be buying the SH at all (the ship isn't worth the full unlock price after consideration), so it doesn't matter to me if it is delayed. If they added elements that would inspire me to buy it, that of course would be worth it to me.

The strongholds are one of the only things that some players have had to look forward to in quite some time. Seeing it given over to PvP with little consideration given to other elements is upsetting.

The PvP areas' are pretty small compared to the stronghold size. It wasn't the pvp elements that you have a problem with -it's that the rest of the stronghold that seems to have been designed more like a storage facility than a home.

I would call that a disconnect between the designer's vision, and what a large number of the playerbase wanted, not 'pvp centric', that had nothing to do with the 'silo buildings' they used.

That said - I say the ship is worth it alone. The hooks could be tweaked, but having a decoratable ship to call home is good.

Call the ship home- then just use the beach area and the little island as your outdoor rec center.

That said - I say the ship is worth it alone. The hooks could be tweaked, but having a decoratable ship to call home is good.

Call the ship home- then just use the beach area and the little island as your outdoor rec center.

I actually like the ship, and I've wanted one to decorate, but I'm not going to spend millions on the initial unlock for something I am never going to use, and then additional millions on the ship. None of my characters would be interested in having a rec area next to a junkyard and I honestly loathe the ground portion of the SH so much I don't want to even look at it.

if they offered the ship as a separate purchase, I'd buy it, but otherwise it seems like a huge waste of credits to buy a SH I don't want and will never use just to get the ship.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Even if they can't give us a proper building they could at least give us more versatility with the new wall decorations. If I could put those on enough hook types, and with enough freedom of movement I could make some very nice arrangements that would serve as homes.

I still support delaying the release in order to make a better building. However, in the spirit of being reasonable, I d think there should be a limit on how long it should be delayed. My suggestion is to delay it a short time and try to find a compromise like increasing the functionality of the new wall decorations, or something along those likes. Maybe just tweak some of those silos to be a little more homey. Add better hooks, divide them into smaller rooms and give them a nicer feel. Surely there is a middle ground between nothing and a new building.