All good Pvp'ers are ###ed.

Besta

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank , basicly new lvl 50s will have full BM set in 1st day, cause they can buy it in easy 10-49 bracket

Seriously???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel myself used, because i have 2 toons wich are lvls 67-68 valor and i diD A LOT , and spend a lot of time to do it, and in 1.2 you will be able to be full BM in 1 day

GG bioware

Edited by Besta

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, all the good PvPers that apparently need to be geared way higher than everyone else? Quit whining, everyone having good gear just gives you a chance to show how good you really are, and that it's not just b/c you did the grind and bought better gear.

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank , basicly new lvl 50s will have full BM set in 1st day, cause they can buy it in easy 10-49 bracket

Seriously???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel myself used, because i have 2 toons wich are lvls 67-68 valor and i diD A LOT , and spend a lot of time to do it, and in 1.2 you will be able to be full BM in 1 day

GG bioware

IT's the very nature of MMos for things like this to occur as new content comes out, but in this case it's biowares way of leveling the field since the 1.1.1 patch screwed the balance.

Just because you have full BM doens't mean you're a good PvP'er. Just means you had a lot of time to grind. If you think you're good then there shouldn't be an issue with everyone having access to the top PvP gear because then it will be based on Skill and teamwork rather than gear.

Skill vs Skill > Gear vs Gear, that's what a good PvPer goes by.:cool:

Edited by Mrtomie

Wait. So, 1 piece of BM gear will cost 1000 WZ marks and you're claiming that fresh 50's will earn a set in 1 day? That's a lot of PvP'ing. Am I missing something?

I think his point is that as soon as they hit 50 they can wear the BM pieces they have been buying while doing the 1-49 PvP. Since there is no valor requirement on the gear you can buy it at any level (if you have the comms) just not be able to equip it until you hit 50.

All in all .. great change !

Uhm, PvP should be about competition and skill not whoever has the best gear. Killing undergeared enemies just isn't fun. I can't believe people really enjoy killing undergeared people over and over o_O The most fun and interesting matches are those against equal geared and skilled enemies. Edited by Teabaker

GG bioware

My previous server had a bunch of killtrading gimps in BM, both factions. They were very easy to beat, this will be no different (And I'm not a BM)

This is a bit much, hope they up the price quite a bit.

Not because wahhh people will get it easier than me, but because it really won't be much fun for new people regarding progression either.

1000 comms means 10-15 games. That doesn't include the fact that the pvp dailies and weeklies give comms now too. If someone just logs in and completes the dailies, they'll be done gearing in a little over a week. Kinda takes the fun out of gearing up I would think...

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

/Bow with much respect sir!

So, 14000 comms to get a full suit. 100 comms per game if a win. That means every fresh 50 is going to get 140 wins their first day? Don't be so scared of even playing fields.

Guess they did something to make wz only last a few minutes. Lawl for good papers needing gear advantage.

Also look at where they said they don't have the valor/level restrictions on the PTS like they do on live servers so people can.......get ready......test things without spending weeks on the PTS. But hey, easier to make an uninformed whine post than know what you are talking about.

Edited by Moosestick

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

^^This..

/Thread

How, exactly, does spending an absurd amount of time in Warzones simply to grind Valor, make one a "good pvper"?

I've met way too many full BM players who were quite terrible at their class and I'm not in full Champ yet.

Good PvPers will continue to dominate, bad PvPers will have a much harder time doing anything.

Good? You mean... all pvpers who exploited their way to high valour or got their valour while everyone was low level... or spent an excessive amount of time playing.

BM has zero to do with skill, quit trying to make it sound like it does. Though, your clinging to your gear to beat 'bads' shows why you really need the gear.

I think his point is that as soon as they hit 50 they can wear the BM pieces they have been buying while doing the 1-49 PvP. Since there is no valor requirement on the gear you can buy it at any level (if you have the comms) just not be able to equip it until you hit 50.

All in all .. great change !

I agree. I understand his point but with the amount of marks earned per match and the amount required to purchase a full set I think those new 50's would have earned it by then. 1 day, ha!

First of all... you can't get past valor 50 until you're level 50. It's literally impossible for a fresh 50 to gear up in one day, or likely even in the first week (maybe if they play constantly) because the gap in valor between 50-60 is greater than that of 1-49. Well, it's about equal, maybe not greater. Either way it's not going to happen overnight.

More than that they're making it so you can't purchase items outside of your valor range in 1.2. Which means people won't be able to stock up on BM tokens (although they can now, which is an oversight)

All that asides... who even cares? Gear difference are a bad idea to begin with. Progression is fine, but as others have already mentioned social gear (if it even existed in this game) would be just as good, better even, as actual gear improvements for progression.

Those claiming "Good PVPers are ****ed" are clearly just demonstrating they aren't good PVPers if they think a lack of gear advantage is going to cripple them.

Yeah im glad they got rid of that bullsh*t rank requirement so the TRUE good pvper Will mop the floor with the little kids who thought they were better because they grinded Some gear.

im sure you wont have to worry about the "true good pvpers"for very long.guild wars 2 and tera will take care of that

assuming the pvp in this game keeps the direction its going

Edited by CrunkShizzle

First of all... you can't get past valor 50 until you're level 50. It's literally impossible for a fresh 50 to gear up in one day, or likely even in the first week (maybe if they play constantly) because the gap in valor between 50-60 is greater than that of 1-49. Well, it's about equal, maybe not greater. Either way it's not going to happen overnight.

More than that they're making it so you can't purchase items outside of your valor range in 1.2. Which means people won't be able to stock up on BM tokens (although they can now, which is an oversight)

All that asides... who even cares? Gear difference are a bad idea to begin with. Progression is fine, but as others have already mentioned social gear (if it even existed in this game) would be just as good, better even, as actual gear improvements for progression.

Those claiming "Good PVPers are ****ed" are clearly just demonstrating they aren't good PVPers if they think a lack of gear advantage is going to cripple them.

Your post is full of misconceptions. You can't buy BM gear until you're level 50, and you can't buy BM Commendations until you're valor 60. It's as simple as that.