New Tactical Flashpoints? Why?

I have been a fan of the story line in this game, enjoyed playing through the class stories and the planetary stories, when I noticed this Invasion arc I was excited, it would be amazing to invade Tython and Korriban. What did we get though? A tactical FP with a whopping total of 2 conversations, one of them being a completely black or white DS/LS option, this FP was full of champions with obscene health and awful damage, this wouldn't be nearly as bad if it wasn't for how reliant this FP is on combat. When a boss has upwards of 600k HP and stealth to break out of combat for no reason what so ever than prolonging the FP it just disappoints me, this FP could have been so much better if it was held to the same standards as regular FPs, requiring a organized group of max levels (50/55HM), why is it that level 15s can join in on what seems to be completely END GAME content. It makes absolutely no sense that a Level 15 would be sent out with 55s from a story perspective.

I'll like it better when they install the hard mode versions.

They're not very forgiving for groups with no healer, and if you've got a tank and 3 dps, the tank would be wise not to be too active with their taunt button, otherwise some of those packs will probably kill them if they're not over-geared.

A couple of the packs got me down to around 20% health after using defensive cooldowns, and I've got fully augged 72s and 78s. (168 & 180?)

I´ve been there with my Jugger-tank and 3 guildmates (Heal & 2 DD) and this "FP" was a complete waste of time.

The Setting was nice is all that i can say that is good about it.

Trashpacks die in 2 seconds to Area-spells, its a lvl 55-FP dropping hardly any loot and when it does drop its for lvl53 :confused: oh yeah and 3 conversations make a story? rly? my 4 year old niece can make up better ones.

These Flashpoints won´t see me again, except with chars i want the HK-customization to use. But i think i have to be drunk to have this bs of an idea to do.

personally i'd stick with group and content mechanics..but dps would have experienced the same issues of queuing for ages..more specifically, dps with no guilds and no friends.

and also..those players who grow without knowledge of the game by repeating kuat won't have any endgame content without rants and multiple kicks, even if they can put 34 mod in their gear

personally i'd stick with group and content mechanics..but dps would have experienced the same issues of queuing for ages..more specifically, dps with no guilds and no friends.

and also..those players who grow without knowledge of the game by repeating kuat won't have any endgame content without rants and multiple kicks, even if they can put 34 mod in their gear

Fair enough. Some of the mechanics of these new flashpoints encourage players to be a bit more aware of what they're doing, and hopefully gives them an idea of what their threat is.

They put them in so that everyone could enjoy them quickly. I understand, and I sort of like it. They'll probably add HMs, which will required the normal trinity. I just sorta wish they were added to start, but this gets more people into them, so I'm ok with it.

Well, considering the fact that in all group content with conversations, even ones that last 2 seconds, everyone says 'SPACE BAR NAW!!!!' their words, not mine.

I mean, why would they do a flashpoint over and over and over and over again? i mean the Kuat Drive Yards is cool to do, the conversation is......just that....a single conversation, so repeating that is no big deal, but flashpoints like Black Talon and Esseles, why repeat that thing while leveling up?? once is enough for me, once with a group that pressures me, bordering on bullying me to skip the fun stuff....conversations.

In my opinion, all group content should have a solo mode, obviously with diminished rewards and can only be done....once for story reasons.

This also make it possible with the Weekly Tactical for people who haven't got 69 gear to get the basic and some elites as well.

You've posted this exact same thing in multiple threads regarding these tactical FP's. Usually in response to someone indicating that the FP's have no worth.

My question is thus, after a week of being 55, do you even need basic coms anymore? Last character I got to 55, I pugged 2 SM OPS in a week & was mostly 69 -72 (or whatever rating that is now) gear. So why even bother with a quest that takes more effort & time to complete for a vastly inferior reward? Just for fun, lets say that the week you hit 55, you do complete all the Tactical FP's & turn in the weekly while in the same week pugging a couple of Ops, how is that quest not worthless to you in week 2 of being 55?

You've posted this exact same thing in multiple threads regarding these tactical FP's. Usually in response to someone indicating that the FP's have no worth.

My question is thus, after a week of being 55, do you even need basic coms anymore? Last character I got to 55, I pugged 2 SM OPS in a week & was mostly 69 -72 (or whatever rating that is now) gear. So why even bother with a quest that takes more effort & time to complete for a vastly inferior reward? Just for fun, lets say that the week you hit 55, you do complete all the Tactical FP's & turn in the weekly while in the same week pugging a couple of Ops, how is that quest not worthless to you in week 2 of being 55?

How about doing it because it's fun?

How about doing it because it's fun?

I do lots of things because they're fun.

Tactical flashpoints don't really make it on that list.

But hey, my companion gear sucks on my new 55 sorc, so I guess that's a reason to do them. Or I can just pug a few more SM ops and roll on stuff for my companions. :)

I liked doing these once for the story, but now I'm grinding them for the speeder and relics. Queues don't seem to pop too fast for tactical which is annoying, they are pretty tough to solo or it takes a long time, and the drop rate on the speeders is low which leads to a frustrating experience.

Have started making guildies run it with me, but would have loved to be able to guarantee a relic drop every run and maybe trade in 20 relics for the speeder.

I mean, why would they do a flashpoint over and over and over and over again? i mean the Kuat Drive Yards is cool to do, the conversation is......just that....a single conversation, so repeating that is no big deal, but flashpoints like Black Talon and Esseles, why repeat that thing while leveling up??

1) To get better gear. It's possible to run through a FP once and get no class relevant drops.

2) Because you're going to overlevel your current planet or you've decided to skip planet leveling altogether.

3) They want to make sure they understand all the fights for when they do the HM versions.

4) You have tanking gear, which means that regular, level appropriate content takes two to three times as long to get through.

Edited by MCaliban

I had similar experience lvling my sniper few month ago. Within a week from dinging lvl 55 I was in mix of lvl 168/162 gear, and that was before DP and DF, which drop 168 set gear from SM last 2 bosses.. Basic comms has no use for someone who is lvl 55 aside from gearing companions.

I ran the new FPs for the story, and will probably never run them again. There is no point. Even level 50 HM FPs are harder and more rewarding.

BTW, BW wants the tactical FPs cuz they require zero work in terms of mechanics. They are using the excuse of being playable by everyone for laziness.

Basic comms has no use for someone who is lvl 55 aside from gearing companions.

Please only use it like that so I can make more money with basic comms :p

And no I'm not telling how since you should know this one easy enough.

BTW, BW wants the tactical FPs cuz they require zero work in terms of mechanics. They are using the excuse of being playable by everyone for laziness.

Bioware made tactical fps to speed up the queueing times for flashpoints. Usually a (lowbe) dps had to wait for hours till getting a pop. At times even (lowbe) tanks or healers needed to wait longer.

I have levelled/am levelling 2 tanks and 2 healers through fp only. I always enable the dps role just in case. It doesnt happen often but at times you get slotted as dps.

In short, it has nothing to do with zero work in terms of mechanics.

• 5 weeks later...
I had similar experience lvling my sniper few month ago. Within a week from dinging lvl 55 I was in mix of lvl 168/162 gear, and that was before DP and DF, which drop 168 set gear from SM last 2 bosses.. Basic comms has no use for someone who is lvl 55 aside from gearing companions.

I ran the new FPs for the story, and will probably never run them again. There is no point. Even level 50 HM FPs are harder and more rewarding.

Agreed get ready for tactical ops everybody :(