Flat Expertise Across The Board? More Nerfs To Sorc/Sages?

Narthil

Did I hear correctly?

Recruit sets will get the same expertise as WH/EWH sets?

This would be a very simple reason not to invest time and money into this game anymore and go F2P.

End game is all about a reason to play for more, usually rewards and better gear. This would eliminate all reason to play for...

I don't mind if they raise the expertise level of recruit armor, but making it equal will simply destroy those who have invested time into this game.

I also heard they plan to nerf Sorc/Sages even more? Seriously? The 2nd most underperforming DPS class in the entire game (after Commandos) is getting an additional nerf?

Does BioWare play this game or do they just listen to the people who have been playing for 1 month complain and make their wishes happen?

BioWare, please listen to us Founders. Being here subscribed from day 1 should give us a right to vote.

There should be a voting system implemented in which the people who have been subscribed the longest have more weigh in the vote.

Edited by Narthil

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES to basically getting rid of expertise. It would bring skill back into the game and make it to where the PVP game has a ton more players to compete with. Also, your gear would still matter due to the other stats. This will only make PVP better, IMO. It would enable everyone to participate instead of just the hard core PVPer's who don't midn the long gear grind. Edited by Galbatorrix

I was here since beta.

I vote no on your proposal.

/thread.

No constructive criticism? You're just going to say no because you feel like it?

I would rather have a "Your reward is clothes" system rather than power creep where you can never win without the top tier gear, also they're not nerfing Sorcerers or Sages, not class changes in 1.6 as of yet

I don't mind if they raise the expertise level of recruit armor, but making it equal will simply destroy those who have invested time into this game.

There's a huge difference between utopia and actual facts. Trust me, if they do this the hardcores will unsub.

As my signature states:

Edited by Narthil

I think making the expertise more even is a good move. It promotes skill over gear. It really needs to be this way because at 50, everyone is just thrown in a big pot left to fend for themselves. Sure, the game tries to match evenly matched players, but that doesn't always work, and certainly won't help you at the den. When my agent hit 50, I had to claw my way through death after death up against people wearing better gear.

As for nerfing sorcs/sages....nerf arguments are as old as MMO's. Nobody who has a class that is being nerfed likes it, and they ALWAYS say they are underpowered....always. Whether the nerf is right or wrong is a matter of opinion and can be discussed in its own thread.

There's a huge difference between utopia and actual facts. Trust me, if they do this the hardcores will unsub.

You will unsub?

Woo-hoo, dont let the door hit you on your way out.

You have mistaken "hardcore" for "bad" so just insert BADS in your statement and thats it :D

Edited by GrandMike

Did I hear correctly?

Recruit sets will get the same or very close expertise as WH/EWH sets?

Bioware plans to screw their loyal and long term subscribers...

Making PvP fair is hardly screwing people over...

Well except for those people who require an unfair advantage due to a lack of skills.

As someone who ground out Battlemaster in 1.1 pre-valor increase AND played a sage, I could care less. What drove me and ultimately the rest of my guild away was the terrible WH grind with no sense of purpose in sight. We all did the grind back in the day because we were interested in being competitive, but honestly we would have been happiest doing naked ranked WZ's.

I have also been a part of this game since Beta, and I also vote "No" on your ideas regarding Expertise. Regarding nerfs: I have played a Concealment/Scrapper for all that time, a class that is almost universally regarded as the worst Ranked PvP class in the game. But I manage to get by and do just fine, so i don't even want to hear whining about nerfs and underperforming DPS classes.

As to expertise, I play PvP for the challenge. The gap between new lvl 50 Expertise and veteran lvl 50 Expertise should be just big enough to slightly reward loyalty and give a small edge, but not so large as to completely edge out new players.

Players who have been doing PvP since the beginning should get rewards, but not ones that upset WZ balance. Give them cosmetic rewards like better titles, or custom titles, awesome looking gear, dyes, etc. They could also be rewarded with gear that had slightly better stats (higher crit/surge/power/alacrity/accuracy, for example), but was otherwise very similar to the lower tiered gear.

Recruit sets will get the same or very close expertise as WH/EWH sets?

Sounds like they are making a move to marginalize Expertise. There are quite a lot of us who have been suggesting that since before the release. It's not just about merging PvE and PvP gear, but about removing barriers to game expansion.

What do you think will happen when the game is inevitably expanded past Level 50? What happens to the Level 50 Battlemaster/War Hero gear, when it's decent at PvP, but unbalancingly weak at PvE?

I won't say that removing Expertise or leveling it is the only answer. There are probably a dozen answers, but every one I've seen produces similar results: The L50 expertise gear is replaced by something better, and will no longer be the best-in-show for the game.

BioWare, please listen to us Founders. Being here subscribed from day 1 should give us a right to vote.

No. Your subscription never said you were entitled to a vote. Bioware listens to your feedback at their desire. You are not an honorary member of the development team.

...mostly because you lack any qualifications at all.

There should be a voting system implemented in which the people who have been subscribed the longest have more weigh in the vote.

No. This is blindingly stupid.

The fact that you've been subbed for longer than other people does not make your opinions more intelligent. The fact that you think your sub time gives your opinions more weight suggests that your opinions probably aren't well thought out, either.

And yes, I'm a founder, too, and have been playing straight through since the beta.

YES to basically getting rid of expertise. It would bring skill back into the game and make it to where the PVP game has a ton more players to compete with. Also, your gear would still matter due to the other stats. This will only make PVP better, IMO. It would enable everyone to participate instead of just the hard core PVPer's who don't midn the long gear grind.

Agreed. Pre-50 PvP was about your skill at PvP and 50 PvP was all about the gear. It would be nice to re-introduce skill to level 50 PvP. I know it would make me far more likely to PvP at that level (and yes, I'm a founder too).

I've also been here since beta, and have both a Marauder and Sorc both in BH/Campaign gear, and I believe that my sorc is pretty underpowered compared to my marauder... only in End Game PvE (Ops/FP's), and its greatly overpowered in PvE compared to my Marauder. My reasoning for it being OP in PvE is because i have too many CC's and long range attacks that make slicing through ANYONE a breeze. In PvE, my luck is not the same though, I never take my sorc into PvE, because I know if I want top notch DPS my marauder will eat my Sorc in PvE.

Edit: I should also mention that both also have WH gear for PvP

Edited by skiibyrd

I would rather have a "Your reward is clothes" system rather than power creep where you can never win without the top tier gear, also they're not nerfing Sorcerers or Sages, no class changes in 1.6 as of yet

This, it's the only reasonable way forward.

YES to basically getting rid of expertise. It would bring skill back into the game and make it to where the PVP game has a ton more players to compete with. Also, your gear would still matter due to the other stats. This will only make PVP better, IMO. It would enable everyone to participate instead of just the hard core PVPer's who don't midn the long gear grind.

This is basically what they are doing by flattening the expertise curve in gear.

The problem with no PvP stat at all is that PvE gear then has to be balanced for it, now whilst that is possible (WAR did it), it is a much more complex way of doing things than simply having a PvP stat.

Did I hear correctly?

Recruit sets will get the same expertise as WH/EWH sets?

This would be a very simple reason not to invest time and money into this game anymore and go F2P.

End game is all about a reason to play for more, usually rewards and better gear. This would eliminate all reason to play for...

I also heard they plan to nerf Sorc/Sages even more? Seriously? The 2nd most underperforming DPS class in the entire game (after Commandos) is getting an additional nerf?

Does BioWare play this game or do they just listen to the people who have been playing for 1 month complain and make their wishes happen?

Take a look around the PVP section of the forum and you will see that expertise is what's making Lvl 50 PVP unbalanced - along with the individual nerf, bugs and buffs of the classes, of course. It's why people love 10-49 Pvp and hate 50s Pvp, with the exception of the hardcore pvpers who are always overgeared and grouped with their guildies.

Getting rid of expertise means that people will need more skill and less gear. What's wrong with that?

And as for "reasons to play more", why isn't PVPing with your mates reason enough? Or why would a different look (in the form of new and exclusive orange shells) for your toon not be reason enough?

But I do agree with you about sorcerers. There is no reason for a nerf. They just need to fix the healing hybrid issue with the bubble stun and that should be it.

Edited by TheNahash

Where did you "hear" this? If this is correct, wouldn't it be simpler to just take expertise out of the game, or take it off the gear entirely and go with flat X% buffs and nerfs to stats across the board in PvP?

If they take away Expertise completely, they eliminate the PVP gear grind. Which they will never do. But, by marginalizing expertise, they're simply allowing new comers to have a better chance at succeeding. Gear will still matter, but more in the way that PVE gear matters. You'll have more health and such than new comers, but they'll actually be able to compete with you and maybe even beat you if they're more skilled. Currently, a very skilled PVPers STILL dies to an unskilled one due to expertise. So again, making PVP more skill based is a good thing.

No constructive criticism? You're just going to say no because you feel like it?

As my signature states:

You didn't invest anything. You're playing a game to entertain yourself. If virtual pixels mean more to you than being entertained, you really need to see a therapist. I also take it you don't PvP just to PvP? Hardcores PvP to PvP, I guess you aren't a hardcore.