Why am I paying a sub for failed crafting missions!!!!

Astarris

My level 50 crafting toons often come back with failed missions. What a waste of 13mins when I'm trying to get purple items. I truly wonder why I continue to bother with this game after being here from the beginning. Some things just don't make sense!!

Paying a sub does not guarantee a successful mission, and sometimes a companion does not seem to be able to complete a sentence, never mind a mission.

But it would be interesting to see some numbers - if you run, say, 1000 missions with your lvl 50 companions, how many of them fail, how many return a normal result, and how many return a positive crit?

To gain access to amplifiers (on mod-type item modifications) which increase the chance of successful missions?

One does not need to subscribe to access crafting amplifiers - they are available on lowbie non-artifact gear (both crafted and sold by vendors).

Being a subscriber does provide an improved crit chance to crew skills - though I don't believe it changes mission success / failure rates.

Also OP, it's because as part of their Onslaught crafting 'improvements', they felt the need to increase the mission failure chance (at Onslaught launch, all missions including grey and green were given increased failure rates, post launch they did roll back some if not all the increased failure rates for grey and green missions, though not yellow or orange).

Amplifiers with +success do reduce failures, though I don't beleive it is possible to fully remove failure chance from orange missions, and maybe not yellow either.

Edited by DawnAskham