Logged in after 3 years - game difficulty is broken making swtor storyline pointless

HicksSwtor

I logged in and subscribed into swtor after 3 years and continued to play the storyline with my companion. The combat and thus the game feels pointless due to the lack of any challenge.

The game is not too easy, it is dumbed down beyond any sense. When I turn the companion into the healing role my health bar doesn't even move. This results in the lack of any sense of progression or growing. New abilities do not matter, new gear does not better. What sense does it make to craft augments or new armor?

The default xp-boost makes things even worse. I set difficulty to "Master" but didn't notice a change in difficulty.

I understand difficulty was reduced and xp was boosted to make access to endlevel more simple. But there surely are better ways to get those who are not interested in leveling into late game?

I understand the frustration.

First thing to note is that "setting difficulty to master" only affects the events of KotFE and KotET. It has no effect on the original class stories, Makeb, Oricon, Shadow of Revan, etc.

You might consider putting your companion on passive for combat encounters. This isn't a perfect solution, but it does make a difference.

Edited by Khevar

Don't set you companion to heals if you're wanting a challenge. The point of them healing is so that they keep you alive.

If you're wanting a challenge, put them on DPS or even passive.

Things are easier in game, but they're not that easy unless you have level 50 companions. Even then there is still challenges to the game.

Putting game on Master is an option for KotFE and KotET (maybe Iokath?)

Previous stories ignore this completely.

I fully advise you to try Master Mode Chapters and then come back to complain how its easy.

Also, this is a MMO, focus should not be on the leveling.

Putting game on Master is an option for KotFE and KotET (maybe Iokath?)

Previous stories ignore this completely.

I fully advise you to try Master Mode Chapters and then come back to complain how its easy.

Also, this is a MMO, focus should not be on the leveling.

I really wonder how Ossus will be scaled since its the place where you get 252/258 gear. Right now on PTS when you go with a level 70 and 248 gear you do have difficulty with common mobs, not to mention the heroics. If casual players with 230 gear go there it will be interesting!

You can make the game more challenging for yourself, but people who are comfortable with how the game is probably can't adapt to harder. Just play with no gear, no companion, do pvp, do heroics, do fps. Be happy that you are so perfect and stop trying to make it harder for those who are not perfect like you.

"I had my companion out instead of doing Crew Skills. I also set it to spend all of its time Healing me constantly and now I am upset my life is not in danger."

Do you realize what this sounds like?

Turn off the companion. Don't improve your gear until it gets too hard to progress. The game is as easy or as hard as you choose to focus it. I will never understand the mentality of people that push the envelope in everything they do, then act shocked there is no challenge.