Scheduled Maintnenance: Servers Available

AmberGreen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I fully agree and am just as frustrated (I had been logged in for about 15 minutes). And, I also agree that they should have updated the launcher, the Dev tracker and the System Alerts page, you do realize that the first BW post on this thread was 18 hours ago? Right?

They ARE adjusting the other stats. You should read the post he linked before making statements.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6144955#post6144955

For those of you who don't click: WH and EWH gear now is BETTER than it was under this new Bolster system. Read the link if you are curious.

The original post simply stated remove stat, so I responded accordingly,

Lets hope that this works then

you do realize that the first BW post on this thread was 18 hours ago? Right?

Apparently you don't realize that the time was changed 15 minutes before the servers went down and that they simply edited the first post to reflect the new time.

bioware just so you can remember this as a rule of thumb

GMT (greenwich mean time) runs between the last weekend in october through to the 2nd to last weekend in march

-1hour

BST (british summer time) runs from the 2nd weekend in march through to the last weekend in october +1hour

so any posts on mainatance please put bst (thats what we are now in and not gmt which we are not

ty

:D:D:D:D

Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

**** you Bioware.

can bioware plz stop using GMT has we are now in BST ty

Best would be to use UTC anyway

Edited by Karkais

Hey folks! This was updated very late, and we apologize for any confusion and/or frustration caused by the error.

Apology will be accepted when you credit my weekly mission I was unable to turn in (couldn't get to the fleet to turn in the Golden Fury Weekly) in time and credit me for the one I was attempting to complete (and would have been in the 2 hours I thought I had left) for the GSi weekly ... I had ONE more mission to complete!

Edited by Capt_Hammer

bioware just so you can remember this as a rule of thumb

GMT (greenwich mean time) runs between the last weekend in october through to the 2nd to last weekend in march

-1hour

BST (british summer time) runs from the 2nd weekend in march through to the last weekend in october +1hour

so any posts on mainatance please put bst (thats what we are now in and not gmt which we are not

ty

:D:D:D:D

Sure, because everyone knows BST... just for your information: Not everyone in europe lives in Great Britain and not every country outside of europe uses summertime, so for most ppl outside of the BST time zone (which btw is only uses by very few countrys) the GMT/UTC times are far better than BST. If they should use something else than GMT, it should be CEST which is used by the majority of european countrys.

Apology will be accepted when you credit my weekly mission I was unable to turn in (couldn't get to the fleet to turn in the Golden Fury Weekly) in time and credit me for the one I was attempting to complete (and would have been in the 2 hours I thought I had left) for the GSi weekly ... I had ONE more mission to complete!

Apology will be accepted when my account is credited with extra subscription time for the days when I expected to be able to play but then couldn't because of maintenance times being changed without warning, or for maintenance not being announced in any obvious way at all. I mean, seriously, they used to announce maintenance in a big news post under "Community News", so it would be staring you in the face when you go to swtor.com/community. But now it's just put in a sticky in one subforum that I rarely click on?

I didn't pay money for x number of days so that I can sit here on one of those days and stare at a list of offline servers that were never supposed to be offline right now.

Edited by partylikeaturtle

But Will it be as good as the current best pve gear? Otherwise pvers Will have advantage specially in open world....

I remember reading about this in a thread a few months after launch. It was pretty much stated that PvP gear will never be better or on par with equivalent PvE gear. Expertise was a factor, but the main reason was that anyone can grind out PvP gear. It can be done completely solo and a group or guild is not a requirement, but both make it go much faster. Unless you're free to play or preferred, you can do warzones all day everyday with no restrictions. All you need patience, coffee, and a lot of free time.

You can also grind out the PvE gear, but it takes substantially longer to get especially if you're trying to do it solo. Even if you run with a group or guild, there are also limitations in place to prevent you from getting the gear too fast (I.E. weekly operation lockouts, weekly com gain limit, etc..).

In short, end game PvE gear is harder to get even if slightly in some cases. Naturally the stats are going to be somewhat higher, but expertise is supposed to offset this. With the removal of expertise, I can see them maybe boosting the gear temporary until they finally figure out what direction they're going with it. I quit doing PvP after the first time they made all my hard earned gear obsolete. I'm so darn glad I never put the time into gearing back up, only to have it rendered useless once again.

• Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

I am going out on a limb and assuming that the "itemization changes" in question is a newfound universal application of Bolster on all gear regardless of what the gear was intended for (pvp or otherwise) so that everyone goes into a given pvp match with round about the same stats as everyone else has at a given level, instead of giving a random person who spent a few months grinding special gear the advantage over every other player in the PvP match? I am also going out on a limb and assuming that these itemization changes will be preventing people from entering pvp naked and gaining the full benefit of bolster (which was supposed to be based on gear level, not character level)?

upcoming means next... it's the same context.. look it up. I rather see them say... in the future patches. Not upcoming because it gives people false hope once again. Heh.

erm..i think you are right, we the subbers deserve a better gameplay, those who doesnt help the game and do nothing but flood the servers and make it laggier, as for i have seen in the past weeks that many people started play, and they were all F2P, wich made my pc bit laggier, at every planet there is like 250 players, and im not talking about the imperial fleet.

so this is pretty bad, imo make server for subbers and server for f2ps, but that would be discrimination and isolating of gamer community playing, so problably the best solution is to make more servers of each gameplay style, like more english pvp servers, and more pve and rp and w/e of each language, i mean come on, EA and bioware are rich as hell, im sure its not hard to make new servers :)..

The 2.0.0b Patch Notes have been added to this thread and are now posted on the web and in the game launcher. :w_cool:

No lag fixes?

It's not so bad in the morning / early afternoon, but once people get back form school or work, the servers' quality plummets. (Jedi Covenant is my main server, but others I go on from time to time suffer too).