Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vette and the Collar: On or Off Get Different Results/Quests?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vette and the Collar: On or Off Get Different Results/Quests?

beagle-san
01.11.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1
Okay, 30 atm. Do we get different options if we remove Vette's collar or keep it on? Do we have options that are closed off if the collar stays on?

DiLune
01.11.2012 , 04:49 PM | #2
Spoiler

fognozzle
01.11.2012 , 05:17 PM | #3
To expand on the previous poster a bit:

Spoiler

DiLune
01.11.2012 , 06:34 PM | #4
Spoiler

beagle-san
01.11.2012 , 11:28 PM | #5
Thanks for the answers

Subparhero
01.11.2012 , 11:55 PM | #6
This is really very disappointing! I was hoping that in time she would accept her role as my slave, even if she didnt like it, and there would be a slave story arc.

ReFlexionn
01.12.2012 , 01:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Subparhero View Post
This is really very disappointing! I was hoping that in time she would accept her role as my slave, even if she didnt like it, and there would be a slave story arc.
^ sadist
Baka ka omae wa?

AlienHack
01.12.2012 , 05:17 AM | #8
i've read in 2 sites that even with the collar on you can go to romance option with her...

so whats the truth? you can? or cant?

AlienHack
01.26.2012 , 05:35 AM | #9
anyone?

Deadborder
01.26.2012 , 08:35 AM | #10
Can't. If you leave the Collar on, then she stays locked to the same "take it off or get lost" convo until either a) you take it off or b) the end of time. Simple as that.

Unfortunately this comes down to bad writing and forcing choices onto players. In essence, Vette has only one option; you take the Collar off or you don't get jack squat, end of story. No alternatives, no options, nothing. Either you follow exactly what BW's writers want you to do or you get penalised for making the "wrong" choice.

Given the way that the writers have raved about Vette being one of their favourite characters, its clear that they have only a single outcome for her and don't want players to treat her any differently to what their "vision" (or whatever) for the character entails. She's their star, and you'll do what they tell you, choice be damned.

Me, I was hoping that leaving the collar on would go somewhere. Regardless, I haven't taken it off because, well, I just don't care about her. Am I missing content? Probably. Does it bother me? Not at all.