Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

Thepyrethatburns
10.07.2019 , 11:18 PM | #61
*edit* On second thought, trying to reason with someone who just wants to stomp his feet and say "No, this is how it should be" while avoiding any issues actually brought up isn't actually rewarding.

So +1 to solo ops.

To an earlier poster: I imagine we won't start getting any form of solo op until late 2021/early 2022 when the 2023 license deadline starts looming and EA starts looking into ways to get a little more money out of the game by selling a solo version for retail price.
Avoid the horrors of a bitraider install/reinstall.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

Monumenta
10.08.2019 , 01:03 PM | #62
It would be nice if story mode Ops were tuned so 6 fully geared veteran players could blast through it with a reasonable amount of difficulty, that sounds like fun, make that a mode.

Shayddow
10.24.2019 , 05:43 PM | #63
I'd like to be able to do solo OPS, because I play on all servers, and sometimes there are just not enough people to get a group together, particularly on the European servers at certain times of day/night.
Plus as others have mentioned, there are things (lore) you might want to pick up along the way (Ravagers), or storylines that complete in an Operation (the whole Dread fortress line).
So let us do it with 8 of our companions. :-) Heck, it would make playing my trooper worthwhile to have all of havoc squad in there doing it (plus added companions from the KOTFE/KOTET that fit with the motif- i.e sgt Rusk)
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

lawfig
11.20.2019 , 12:08 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Ya its not supposed to give them an option. Raids are group content, end of story. If you don't want to be social in end game then you're playing the wrong genre.
Yes and no. A previous comment was made that when using gf you sometimes get into a group that is not pleasant. Unless you are a raider, and have run an op numerous times you get nothing but grief in the group. Lately I've run with some very cool groups but in years past most of the ops groups I joined were full of bullies. I gave up on ops until this expansion. So maybe those of you who don't want "solo" operations should be a little more kind and patient to those who are not as familiar with the ops as you are.

lawfig
11.20.2019 , 12:12 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by lawfig View Post
I agree 100%. I don't mind joining group, but unfortunately I've had some very negative group interactions just because they are new flashpoints to me or ops. I don't appreciate the attitude of those who never solo and don't want to, that's fine if that's what they prefer. But unfortuntately OPS players and hard core PVPers tend to be pretty rude. I respect their right to play the game their way, I expect the same respect back. It doesn't happen. I've wanted to play some of the later ops because the seem important to the storyline, but I've found unless you are hard core ops you aren't very welcome.
This is exactly why ops should not be part of the "story". They can be bonuses .... but for the story no, unless there is a solo option. It hinders the experience. I felt this most notably on Oricon and Iokath. Tried groups for both and the nastiness of the players turned me off.

So I agree those who want to play solo should be given the same opportunities and respect as those who only pvp and raid. It's not like solo players pay any less to play that raiders.