Now that Renown is here, what was the point of Command Points?

EllieAnne

Not surprisingly, Electronic Arts and Bioware has taken achievements away from their serious players.

Command points have gone away. So do I start Renown at 300 points? No! Everything I worked for in getting command points is now gone. But wait, Ellie - what about all that gear you got through command points? You mean the gear that is now completely worthless since I get drops that are so much better than the Gemini''s I have now? That gear?

So yet again the devs screw over the players. In hindsight, was Command Point worth anything?

Not surprisingly, Electronic Arts and Bioware has taken achievements away from their serious players.

Command points have gone away. So do I start Renown at 300 points? No! Everything I worked for in getting command points is now gone. But wait, Ellie - what about all that gear you got through command points? You mean the gear that is now completely worthless since I get drops that are so much better than the Gemini''s I have now? That gear?

So yet again the devs screw over the players. In hindsight, was Command Point worth anything?

Of course it was, LAST EXPANSION. Every expansion makes the old gear outdated.

Not to mention you got achievements for getting each base class to rank 300.

I had a Commodore 64 when it was primo. It is no longer is primo, but I had a blast playing it.

I had a blast in my neon pink speedo with purple polka dots in my 20s. I no longer fit in it (kinda like putting the toothpaste back in the tube). :cool:

I demand compensation. :rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Of course it was, LAST EXPANSION. Every expansion makes the old gear outdated.

But renown did more than that. It threw out all of the accomplishment you got with earning command points.

Would you feel the same way if the new expansion pushed all of your toons back to level 50?

The achievements were moved to the section Feats of Strength and their point values removed. It’s the same as people who did Nightmare EV/KP back before 4.0.

At least those just don’t have any point values. There are some achievements, like those associated with the Nightmare Power buff for original NiM DF/DP, and the original achievement to unlock a legacy-wide version of the Izax jet pack for the month or so that Vet Mode Izax offered that achievement. Those achievements still have their point values and special rewards.

Don’t forget to complain about the exclusive things earned in ranked seasons past. Some of the cosmetic things are coming back ten seasons after they originally showed up, but other things will never be obtainable again.

The gearing system was replaced, just like the system was replaced in 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0. All those people in 4.x lost all their commendations and their Unassembled tokens were useless or flat out removed when Galactic Command came around in 5.0.

In other unbelievable news, water is wet.

But renown did more than that. It threw out all of the accomplishment you got with earning command points.

Would you feel the same way if the new expansion pushed all of your toons back to level 50?

Not at all. I have accomplishments still. It's called all those achievements for getting each base class to rank 300. Those achievements are in Feats of Strength now.

The point was that you got achievements and cartel coins for each class that you brought to rank 300. In addition, 6.0. granted you 10 new legacy titles for your commitment, which is very nice. And since renown only looks at your iRating and does not care for rank tiers, the rank number is irrelevant.

You really don't get it, do you?

Renown gives you gear based on your item or gear rating. There is no more command rank and you don't need it because the rank in Renown is now irrelevant. If you have 306 gear you'll get the same from rank 30 as you would from rank 300. It isn't tiered it just gives a box that drops 1-2 pieces based on your current gear.

Renown goes to 999 but at some point it will reset and we can start all over again. This is because the rank has ZERO influence on the loot it drops. Only your gear rating does that. So there is an achievement for each main class to get to 100 and an achievement of any character getting to 999. That's the only reason why you might care about the Renown level. Beyond that there is NO difference in loot depending on your Renown level.

And yes, just like EVERY expansion before, your old gear is useless and you get to earn new gear. On the upside, if you do it right you get to BiS gear very quickly.

I'm still waiting for Legacy Levels to matter.

Legacy levels DO matter...

Going to assume you've been Legacy 50 for a long while so don't remember. Try starting a Legacy from scratch. Many of the perks you enjoy now (and probably have enjoyed for years) are only accessible as you level up in Legacy. Can't have Speeder 5 without Legacy level 15. Can't have Renown boost 5 without Legacy level 25. There's a lot of perks tied to Legacy level 10, etc.

In hindsight, was Command Point worth anything?

Cunning, Aim, Strength, and Willpower have all gone away.

Single roles for Companions has gone away.

Almost every time there is a major expansion, the old armor doesn't become obsolete - you do, after all, need it to start the new content, and it still works on lower level characters - but you can then get even better gear.

Command Rank was worth what it was worth at the time. But things move on, and so should you. 🙄🙂

Legacy levels DO matter...

Going to assume you've been Legacy 50 for a long while so don't remember. Try starting a Legacy from scratch. Many of the perks you enjoy now (and probably have enjoyed for years) are only accessible as you level up in Legacy. Can't have Speeder 5 without Legacy level 15. Can't have Renown boost 5 without Legacy level 25. There's a lot of perks tied to Legacy level 10, etc.

Slightly off topic, but it was mentioned ;) I think the should increase the max legacy level again, and add in some more little perks, doesn't have to be major, a new dance, or emote, etc. My poor legacey bar has been stuck in the same number for ages, and is feeling left out ;)

Slightly off topic, but it was mentioned ;) I think the should increase the max legacy level again, and add in some more little perks, doesn't have to be major, a new dance, or emote, etc. My poor legacey bar has been stuck in the same number for ages, and is feeling left out ;)

I'd fully agree with that - they should bang on a really big number onto it and put a few juicy QOL items in there - The Hover Boots were the best item they put in the current legacy perks. They seem to come up with good ideas from time to time and then just abandon them - shame really, they've done the hard bit.

My poor legacey bar has been stuck in the same number for ages, and is feeling left out ;)

Ya know, you can go into UI Editor and turn off the Legacy bar. Once I got my Legacy to max, I figured I didn't need the bar any more. I also moved the XP bar to the top right so I could put my slkillbars lower. :)

(I also turned off the XP bar for a while, until Command/Renown rank became a thing.)

I had a Commodore 64 when it was primo. It is no longer is primo, but I had a blast playing it. I had a blast in my neon pink speedo with purple polka dots in my 20s. I no longer fit in it (kinda like putting the toothpaste back in the tube). :cool:

I demand compensation. :rak_03:

Dasty

You too bought a defective Speedo that shrinks while sitting in your dresser drawers?