Bioware will give into losers' crying.

And nerf Focused Defense. I am sure of it. :/

So apparently sins with good dr, insane burst (8k with a single hit to an obroan geared jug?) ability to stealth out and heal to full while you suffer from dots and in-combat status are okay.

Entrenched, immovable snipers dealing tremendous amount of damage from very long range are okay.

Operatives with enough dr and short-cd abilities to survive beating from two geared dpsers are okay.

Sentinels with much very good DR, high and deadly burst and escapes are okay.

Hybric Powertechs with insane dr and top scoreboard damage queueing as tanks into arenas are okay.

Juggernauts with good, but not best damage, virtually no extra passive dr and defensive cooldowns but with an ability to heal for about 70% in one arena match (which can be easily burnt through, due to their lack of dr and defenses) is not okay.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hybric Powertechs with insane dr and top scoreboard damage queueing as tanks into arenas are okay.

Patch 2.6:

Pulse Generator now requires High Energy Cell

And with that, all forms of vanguard hybrids were removed, as a vanguard hybrid is using Pulse Generator in another stance.

Also a lot of the time right now my only solution to killing a Guardian who pops focused defense is to hammer shot him, and hope that it wastes some charges because of the low damage on it while making his focused defense run out of charges from all the burns I have on him, and then hope I can score enough lucky crits to kill him while he's on full health and im on 40% with all my DCDs on cooldown.

Edited by TACeMossie

And with that, all forms of vanguard hybrids were removed, as a vanguard hybrid is using Pulse Generator in another stance.

Also a lot of the time right now my only solution to killing a Guardian who pops focused defense is to hammer shot him, and hope that it wastes some charges because of the low damage on it while making his focused defense run out of charges from all the burns I have on him, and then hope I can score enough lucky crits to kill him while he's on full health and im on 40% with all my DCDs on cooldown.

Yeah FD is quite lopsided but necessary, this nerf is the best possible way to nerf it without being too much.

I was almost inclined to take the OP seriously until he started complaining about operative survivability. I guess you mean operative healer because operative dps is arguably the squishiest class in the game.

Also if Sins are hitting you with only 8k mauls then you are lucky, try playing a sage, scoundrel or slinger where more often then not it is 9-10k crits and not 7-8k.

Sins have been always favored by Bioware. I think people like KBN being a sin tank and generally sins being very vocal helps with that.

That isn't true. Right now Deception Sins are right where they should be for PvP performance, high burst moments interspersed with periods of low damage. And I have seen 10k last hits on masterstrike before, so it isn't like a guardian can't put out some really high numbers either.

Entrenched, immovable snipers dealing tremendous amount of damage from very long range are okay.

how dare they make your hard counter class hard to kill!!!! what were they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i should be able to facerolll ALLL DDAAAAAHHH CLASSES ON MY CHARACTER!!!!!

Edited by thatPERSON

Who do guardians hard counter?

Focused Defense is the Hard counter to stealth as well as ranged DPS. Vig is designed to eviscerate a commando or Madness Sorc and can somewhat hardcounter a bad infiltration shadow with a timed saber reflect and a Focused Defense at least in a 1v1. Anything in a grand melee a good infil will rip apart a Vigi. Madness Sorc is easy chippings for a Vig except for the root issue.