RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Good Evening,

I just want to inform you ( especially players on "Lord Calipho" ) that the RP-PvP Server "Lord Calypho" will have no transfer destination at the transfers coming 12th of June.

We just figured out the problem in the German forums, and we got an official answer.

It's not possible to transfer between different-type servers - it's just problematic because in the EU ( FR / GB / DE ) we only have 3 RP-PvP servers, each per region - and this RP-PvP servers ( all of them are nearly "dead" servers ) will have no option in the server transfers.

It's just a post to inform you players, especially those ones playing on "Lord Calypho".

What do you think about this illogical step BioWare takes in eliminating "dead servers"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss this topic.

Developer/community team posts from the previous thread:

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Hi folks, as we are still not done with this initial character transfer phase, we are still examining the options. We've taken your ideas into consideration and will compare them against what is feasible.

It is my hope that we will have more to share with you after the weekend.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things in mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

LoL well we did ask for a yellow post but i dont think this is what we had in mind. Please give us a response on this issue. Or even a response out of courtesy. You can see the frustration that is being caused by us as a community not knowing what is going on and this is just being escalated by the lack of response to this thread!!

can you transfer the player of lord calypho to another server?

Not yet, we still hope for a solution for all EU RP-PVP servers, well the french atleast have "standars" during peak hours. But tbh i didnt expect a answer today, but maybe with maintance and crap tomorrow we have better luck.

ok

is so "hard" 2 to realocate 100-120 players?

most of the LC crowd already stoped playing in this server

i bet a big % of the players have already rerolled on other servers

if a global solution is not availabel and u ppl are struggling for a definition because is "out" of ur working framworg and schedulled plan, CAN U AT LEAST OFFER PLAYER BY PLAYER A SOLUTION?????????????

CAN WE OPEN A TICKET ASKING TO MOVE OUR CHARS AND LEGACY TO WHERE WE HAVE ALREADY REROLLED OR WHERE WE WANT TO PLAY?

There is absolutely NO SENSE in how u are managing this specific problem. Every second it goes on u are just giving a bad example for the WHOLE community and not just for LC players

U have to solve problems to run a decent business or there is no business

Personally I want to move to "nightmare lands" so I can play with some old friends. Regardless of your decision that's were I'll be playing but it would nice to to throw away the last 6 months. HINT confirm next phase of server transfers with details!!!!! Edited by Ulran
can't spell doh!

To answer JovethGonzalez' question from the old post: I personally hope they'll open for transfers to our server, as opposed to off of it. I like this place, and my (admittedly not very unique) names are taken everywhere else I've checked. Won't complain if it's the other way around, though; I can live with a new set of names if that's what it takes to get me onto a server with more than a few dozen people on it.

In other words, I'm happy so long as something is done to successfully remedy the situation within the next few weeks. Otherwise, I'm adding my name to the list of unhappy customers who will be canceling their subs once they run out (I guess that three month subscription I paid for last month was more than a little naïve and optimistic).

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss this topic.

Developer/community team posts from the previous thread:

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things in mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

That is not the kind of reply we were hoping for...would have preferred something along the lines of "All your dreams are answered and free server transfers start today to both RP and PVP servers, simply choose which you would like...plus, we have free cookies!!"

Can we get a real reply to the actual issue please, as opposed to a sweep under the carpet type comment?

If it's not feasible to transfer the existing characters then they should at least allow you to create a character elsewhere and have your character/s beefed up to the same level and legacy level with a credit bonus - at the very least.

There's no way I am re-rolling elsewhere and going through the entire levelling process again because a company can't figure out how to transfer files properly (Yes I know its not that simple but to a majority of customers this will be how they see it).

Edited by Kaytfoh

the solution is so simple the players who want to stay on the server let them stay and the players who want to go to Tomb of Freedon Nadd transfer them.

Surely it's pretty clear by now that not everyone wants to move to the same server? A choice of destinations is what I'm asking for.