[TFA SPOILERS] The place on THAT scene

renatolnsp

Well, most people that i've heard opinions from highlighted the last acene as the best in the whole movie.

Since Han said that Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple i started to get worried (yes as a fan i hope that some Legends/EU stuff can still be canonized).

So, what are the chances of Luke be hiding on Tython? The planet is significantly similar, but it's location can be a setback because it's a little far from the core worlds, but that can be edited on other editions if a future retcon happens.

Wanna know what you guys think.

Well, most people that i've heard opinions from highlighted the last acene as the best in the whole movie.

Since Han said that Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple i started to get worried (yes as a fan i hope that some Legends/EU stuff can still be canonized).

So, what are the chances of Luke be hiding on Tython? The planet is significantly similar, but it's location can be a setback because it's a little far from the core worlds, but that can be edited on other editions if a future retcon happens.

Wanna know what you guys think.

I doubt it is too be honest but who knows. Taris is apparently canon now.

In the class story was Tython now a place the Jedi settled on after some sort of SITH invasion? Wouldn't that mean Tython did not hold the first Jedi temple?

Tython was were individuals discovered the Force and trained there forming the J'edaii Order over the years they branched off of tython into the newly formed Republic. Becoming lost over time before the hyperspace route was rediscovered by Satele Shan shortly before the coruscant invasion, thats where she decided to take the surviving jedi into refuge. So yes Tython would have the first Jedi temple whether that part remains canon is all up to Disney

In the class story was Tython now a place the Jedi settled on after some sort of SITH invasion? Wouldn't that mean Tython did not hold the first Jedi temple?

No the Jedi Consular prologue on Tython deals almost exclusively with the birth of the Jedi Order and the first fallen Jedi. In the KOTOR/SWTOR world, the Jedi Order rose on Tython. Whether it will be the canon birthplace of the order remains to be seen.

Edited by Master-Nala

it will be probably a made up name. because according to wookieepedia this is what it says:

"The first Jedi Temple was an ancient building established and maintained by the Jedi Order on an unidentified planet prior to the execution of Order 66, and was the first one to be constructed. It was one of many temples throughout the galaxy, and one of the few that were not destroyed by the Galactic Empire. Luke Skywalker came to live there as a hermit after his apprentice and nephew Ben turned to the dark side of the Force.[1]"

Probably not tython, notice in tython the ruins are crumbling but they are still large and grand, you cant miss em.

the place they went to was mostly just stonehenge looking, like they didnt bother with real architecture.

Because seeing one minuscule portion of the whole planet means the rest of the planet is the exact same? Maybe they are saving some stuff for *gasp* the next movie?

I have no opinion one way or the other on this subject ... but why couldn't they name it Tython to give a tip of the hat to SWTOR. It is as good a name as any ... nothing else from the gaming about Tython would have to be cannon, but they could use the name.

I have no opinion one way or the other on this subject ... but why couldn't they name it Tython to give a tip of the hat to SWTOR. It is as good a name as any ... nothing else from the gaming about Tython would have to be cannon, but they could use the name.

I will agree on this. While they may not keep all the same, they have a list of names for planets and people they can use!

My goodness you people probably don't think that Rey is Luke's daughter either, haha

There's this concept called Allusion that is used prominently in the movie like a fourth grade short story.

First example: Han offers Rey a job the same way he offered Luke a job in ep4. Han knows who Rey is. It's not his daughter because he would've said so, PLUS they didn't want to lose Kylo, just help him control his emotions. They wouldnt have sent Rey away.

Second example: the plot of the movie is to find and protect the map to the location of Luke Skywalker. Hmmmmmm what other planet was erased from public records after its (re)discovery that you would need a map scattered into pieces to find?

This is your kotor/star wars reference. Finding the starmap which will lead to a great treasure

Oh and wouldnt you know it? The planet they find Luke on is a bunch of islets just like... Rakata prine!

He's on Rakata prime, ladies and gentlemen. Look at the map with the confirmed canon planets released a week later, then watch the movie again and see theyre in similar areas, at least the same quadrants

He's on Rakata prime.

My goodness you people probably don't think that Rey is Luke's daughter either, haha

There's this concept called Allusion that is used prominently in the movie like a fourth grade short story.

First example: Han offers Rey a job the same way he offered Luke a job in ep4. Han knows who Rey is. It's not his daughter because he would've said so, PLUS they didn't want to lose Kylo, just help him control his emotions. They wouldnt have sent Rey away.

Second example: the plot of the movie is to find and protect the map to the location of Luke Skywalker. Hmmmmmm what other planet was erased from public records after its (re)discovery that you would need a map scattered into pieces to find?

This is your kotor/star wars reference. Finding the starmap which will lead to a great treasure

Oh and wouldnt you know it? The planet they find Luke on is a bunch of islets just like... Rakata prine!

He's on Rakata prime, ladies and gentlemen. Look at the map with the confirmed canon planets released a week later, then watch the movie again and see theyre in similar areas, at least the same quadrants

He's on Rakata prime.

Not a bad theory ... you missed the best linkage between Rey & Luke ... she refers to the Falcon as "garbage" while he called it "hunk of junk".

Not a bad theory ... you missed the best linkage between Rey & Luke ... she refers to the Falcon as "garbage" while he called it "hunk of junk".

Lol that is true

Plus the fact that she inks out a meager existence in the desert

And her affinity to the force

And the fact that the lightsaber was passed down from the father to the son and now the next daughter

And her ebbin climbing skillz in the starkiller base