*Spoiler* Rey's Force abilities

Supreme_Heretic

Ok, I've had some time to process the new movie, given I've seen it twice in the last 2 days. I wanted to discuss Rey's Force abilities, starting with what I believe is her main one: Battle meditation. When Kylo was blade locked with her, and mentioned his offer to train in the Force, Rey realized she could call on the Force more directly, and she seemed to go into a meditative calm, which in turn, all of a sudden gave her a boost in combat and literally turned the tide of the fight. That to me seems like a manifestation of battle meditation. It seems as if right now her skill is limited to her personal engagements, but once she trains further will she be able to control battles on a larger scale like Bastila? Also, another fun similarity to Bastila and Satele both...given her affinity to staff based melee fighting, I truly believe once we see Rey complete her training by making her own lightsaber, she'll be the first Force user on the big screen in a while to use a double bladed lightsaber.

Back on topic though: are there any other Force abilities outside of the normal Jedi powers such as push, mind trick, etc. that anyone believes Rey will have? Or is it just mainly battle meditation? Discuss away :)

Edited by Supreme_Heretic
too much spoiler in title

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it is too late to edit a thread title - but even saying "Rey's Force abilities" is a pretty big spoiler you've got right in the title, so the *Spoiler* warning isn't really doing much good.

Thanks DD for the heads up. I tried to edit the title, not sure it worked.

Edited by Supreme_Heretic

well so far we saw:

1.outstanding for a beginner mind domination resistance, and she was able to see back through KRen's mind

2.her mind trick usage was pretty much intuition, she had no idea even of existance of such thing eyt she kept trying it on a trooperpooper? which gives us another idea 3)her connection to the force is even stronger than she shows since it was like she was guided there, by some mysterious influence :p

There was something I thought I saw in the fight between Rey and Ren that no one else seems to mention. Or I am just missing them mentioning it. When Rey has her moment before she beats him down, the moment of clarity or what have you. I swear her eyes changed and they matched his. It felt like she just reached in his mind and took his training or learned it.

I got it as part of bit where he reached in her mind before and she turned it back on him. Part of me is still hoping they are twins. I doubt it for timing and other reasons but damn it would add a lot to what is going on between them.

There was something I thought I saw in the fight between Rey and Ren that no one else seems to mention. Or I am just missing them mentioning it. When Rey has her moment before she beats him down, the moment of clarity or what have you. I swear her eyes changed and they matched his. It felt like she just reached in his mind and took his training or learned it.

I got it as part of bit where he reached in her mind before and she turned it back on him. Part of me is still hoping they are twins. I doubt it for timing and other reasons but damn it would add a lot to what is going on between them.

They are cousins. Rey is Luke's daughter while Kylo is Hans' and Leia's son. Maybe that's why she was able to do what she did revealing that she is truly stronger in the force than he is.

They are cousins. Rey is Luke's daughter while Kylo is Hans' and Leia's son. Maybe that's why she was able to do what she did revealing that she is truly stronger in the force than he is.

Yeah I can totally see it going that way. Makes a ton of sense if they do.

Whoever kid she is, I am beating someone hid her on Jakku with Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow). I am inclined to think Leia did it.That would makes his line about royalty make a lot of sense. Hmmm what if she is Han and Leia's? What if Han never knew? Luke and Leia decided to hide her maybe?

And this sets up nicely Kylo's inevitable anger when Ren inherits more of grandpa's power. :D

she'll be the first Force user on the big screen in a while to use a double bladed lightsaber.

)

i hope its got a different color than green or blue

Also the torture that Kylo and even the inquisitors in rebels use it seems like some kind of painful mind trick.

Edited by Kaisernick

I am 100% sure Rey is a Skywalker, which no idea. I hope she's Lukes Daughter, which give me hope for Mara Jade.

That said, why has no one been talking about the possibility that Finn is force sensitive as well.

Edited by gothshark

I just do not see this broad being Skywalkers offspring........Luke is whiny much like daddy. The force prolly needed someone who was gonna stay the course of their calling...not like whiny *** Luke ...

I see a trend here.......Han Solo has difficulties so he leaves the love of his life and his kids behind to do what he wants for himself.......

Luke fails on training a Jedi so he runs off to the island planet to eat Cheetos and get old and fat and avoid his responsibilities.....

the only one who sticks through it is mama Organa......she stays and fights and resists....

Real life sure does seem to follow in this movie.....dead beat men and strong woman.....

just saying..

I just do not see this broad being Skywalkers offspring........Luke is whiny much like daddy. The force prolly needed someone who was gonna stay the course of their calling...not like whiny *** Luke ...

I see a trend here.......Han Solo has difficulties so he leaves the love of his life and his kids behind to do what he wants for himself.......

Luke fails on training a Jedi so he runs off to the island planet to eat Cheetos and get old and fat and avoid his responsibilities.....

the only one who sticks through it is mama Organa......she stays and fights and resists....

Real life sure does seem to follow in this movie.....dead beat men and strong woman.....

just saying..

Luke didn't fail. He had a student, that it's implied, killed his others. Not sure I ever saw Luke as whiney though :p

Leia herself said she ran away. Her and Han both did. They just ran away to different spots.

I thought it was interesting that her outfit in the end was similar to Satele Shan's outfit in the trailers. The vest and gloves made her look like a less fancy version of Satele. Maybe she is going to be part of a different family that is strong with the Force...

My take is that Rey was trained as a Jedi young, hidden on Jakku from the First Order's second Jedi purge, and begins to remember her skills as the movie goes on.