What species can mingle?

JJDrakken

To be specific, what species can have offspring together? Do to Legacy Tree, I've become bit OCD, with linking what to what.

So I am curious, can a Rattatiki & Human have kids? if so is it one or the other or some hybrid? What bout Chiss & Sith Pureblood? etc..

Does anyone know this, or am I just being to silly with the Legacy Tree.

JJ

The SW wiki suggests that near-humans like Chiss Rattataki Mirialans can mingle/breed. But it's a bigger challenge if not impossible between say a human and calamari or ortolan.

I was thinking the near-human ones. Question is, does it come out a Hybrid or one or the other?

JJ

ive heard there was a cannon appearance of a twilek/hume hybreid, and the wiki says chiss and humans are near identical biologically, including reproductive

Actually, Twi'leks and humans are not compatible, reproduction-wise. If you're referring to the Episode of TCW where the Clone deserter has a family with a Twi'lek lady, apparently the kids aren't his. Their Lekku just haven't fully developed yet.

Actually, Twi'leks and humans are not compatible, reproduction-wise. If you're referring to the Episode of TCW where the Clone deserter has a family with a Twi'lek lady, apparently the kids aren't his. Their Lekku just haven't fully developed yet.

ahh ok. i also heard thrawn was described as a mixed breed, so he could have been chiss/human

Incorrect. If you follow official Star Wars Information Encyclopedias as far as most recent = superseding canon, Twi'lek and Human have interbred to create Hybrids. Star Wars The Clone Wars Encyclopedia, that particular pairing you refer to must have been elaborated on further within the book than the cartoon.

Incorrect. If you follow official Star Wars Information Encyclopedias as far as most recent = superseding canon, Twi'lek and Human have interbred to create Hybrids. Star Wars The Clone Wars Encyclopedia, that particular pairing you refer to must have been elaborated on further within the book than the cartoon.

Oh great. Another retcon of C by T.... /facepalm.

ahh ok. i also heard thrawn was described as a mixed breed, so he could have been chiss/human

Ok, this one I know I have right. Thrawn is full Chiss. Not a half-breed. The half-breed was Zahn's first idea. However, he went with the Chiss instead.

Ok, this one I know I have right. Thrawn is full Chiss. Not a half-breed. The half-breed was Zahn's first idea. However, he went with the Chiss instead.

okie dokie.

....my agent is still going to try and try and try, even if told she won't succeed >:3

okie dokie.

....my agent is still going to try and try and try, even if told she won't succeed >:3

Nah, the impression I got was that near humans (pretty much everything playable other than twi'leks) are compatible with humans. Not really sure how half-breeds would turn out. But maybe the lighter blue chiss skin colors and brownish Miralan are supposed to be half-breeds, anyway. (Plus, if Temple is "Chiss", I think an argument could be made that Chiss is more of an ethnicity than a race.)

I think this is referred to in the game. Most of the LI will ask about having kids, no matter your race. However, the non-near humans (Vette, Aric) will discuss adopting instead. There are a few exceptions (neither Kaliyo nor Vector seem to mention breeding), but in general, the LI doesn't go, "Oh, you're Miralan. Well, I guess no kids for us." So I'd assume that the devs figured that you are able to have kids with the LI, no matter the race/species. (Which is a bit wacky for twi'lek SW who romance Vette...or twi'leks in general for most LIs. But you get the idea.) Or maybe they thought everyone was human or a sith pureblood.

As far as "confirmed by examples", humans and Miraluka can have kids together -- which isn't particularly surprising. :p Krynda Draay of the Jedi Covenant was half human, half Miraluka.

(Plus, if Temple is "Chiss", I think an argument could be made that Chiss is more of an ethnicity than a race.)

Yep -- in the NJO and Legacy-era books, IIRC, there's a human family (the Fels) who live and work among the Chiss. If you live the lifestyle, seems like you can be part of their society, regardless of species.

(Plus, if Temple is "Chiss", I think an argument could be made that Chiss is more of an ethnicity than a race.)

She is not, though. The impression that I got was that that was a special arrangement made by her father pulling some strings.

Curious question here...

If vectors been genetically modified by the Joining process...

Even mentioning in a conversation, that some form of Kilik, is living under his skin. :eek:

...what would happen to any child thathe creates with a female agent.

Would they retain any Kilik DNA? Would they be half Joiner?

Edited by JediElf

Curious question here...

If vectors been genetically modified by the Joining process...

Even mentioning in a conversation, that some form of Kilik, is living under his skin.

...what would happen to any child thathe creates with a female agent.

Would they retain any Kilik DNA? Would they be half Joiner?

i read the joining merely reroutes the neurological pathways, not genetics

and the bugs inside him are merely symbiotic tennants

i read the joining merely reroutes the neurological pathways, not genetics

and the bugs inside him are merely symbiotic tennants

I admit when he said that in conversation, about his internal friends, I had to pause for a second. I wish my agent had the conversation option of. "Wait a moment....What?!"

However I do ponder this, if the Joining process just reroutes the neurological pathways, why do all of their eyes turn black. That's the only thing that made me think, it was a slight genetic modification as well.

I admit when he said that in conversation, about his internal friends, I had to pause for a second. I wish my agent had the conversation option of. "Wait a moment....What?!"

However I do ponder this, if the Joining process just reroutes the neurological pathways, why do all of their eyes turn black. That's the only thing that made me think, it was a slight genetic modification as well.

not really, there IS a lot of biochemical changes in the body as well.

as for the bugs inside him... you are aware there are more microorganisms on and inside you than your own actual cells, right? all humans, even in western civilisation, are loaded with paracites, just almost all are unnoticed as they show no symptoms at all. mostly mites living in your pores and hair follicles, eating skin cells and oils, tiny worms that have no affect on your digestive system, ect. and he did say the killiks CAN get really tiny, so they could be mite sized, merely feeding off his skin cells, or harmlessly right under his skin, or in his digestive tract, ect.

not really, there IS a lot of biochemical changes in the body as well.

as for the bugs inside him... you are aware there are more microorganisms on and inside you than your own actual cells, right? all humans, even in western civilisation, are loaded with paracites, just almost all are unnoticed as they show no symptoms at all. mostly mites living in your pores and hair follicles, eating skin cells and oils, tiny worms that have no affect on your digestive system, ect. and he did say the killiks CAN get really tiny, so they could be mite sized, merely feeding off his skin cells, or harmlessly right under his skin, or in his digestive tract, ect.

I am aware of the little things inside of your bodies, yes.

Please forgive me. I meant no harm in what I said, just musing. You are most likely ( if not completely) correct as well as to what those little Kiliks are doing inside Vector.

As for no genetic changes to any offspring, you are probably correct as well. They would not be half Joiners or anything like that.

I apologize.

Edited by JediElf

Where did you read this? Nothing I have ever read (and I have read a lot of material) hass mentioned hybrids being born from a human/Twi pairing. I want to see the official information on this as I cannot find anything supporting this.

As far as the TCW episode with the clone deserter and the Twi, those kids cannot be and are not his, they are far too old for him to be the actual father.

I am aware of the little things inside of your bodies, yes.

Please forgive me. I meant no harm in what I said, just musing. You are most likely ( if not completely) correct as well as to what those little Kiliks are doing inside Vector.

As for no genetic changes to any offspring, you are probably correct as well. They would not be half Joiners or anything like that.

I apologize.

haha nono ..wait did i come off as abrasive? sorry :o

i bet the devs/story writers leave things obscure for us to decide/debate.

haha nono ..wait did i come off as abrasive? sorry :o

It's ok, I may have read it in the wrong tone. Apologies once again. :o

i bet the devs/story writers leave things obscure for us to decide/debate.

Oh i'm sure they do, and that's what makes it so much fun!

Another curious question.

Other than skin tone and burning red eyes. What really separates a Chiss from a human? If a Chiss and a human had a child, what would they inherit from the Chiss, other than possible skin tone and eyes?

Same question applies to the Mirialan.

Edited by JediElf

In my opinion all playable species can interbreed with eachother apart from ratattaki as i have read on the wookieepedia.

The original Sith Purebloods required sith alchemy in order to interbreed, however the "True Sith" as of now are actually human/Pureblood hybrids and i would say that makes them able to breed with humans. As for canon, if it was officially retconned that they can interbreed then they can.

A fact about Zabraks i have read is that they have two hearts, that along with the horns and endurance are the only real differences between them and humans, the question is, how many hearts would a human/zabrak hybrid have?

It's ok, I may have read it in the wrong tone. Apologies once again. :o

Oh i'm sure they do, and that's what makes it so much fun!

Another curious question.

Other than skin tone and burning red eyes. What really separates a Chiss from a human? If a Chiss and a human had a child, what would they inherit from the Chiss, other than possible skin tone and eyes?

Same question applies to the Mirialan.

um... the wiki says chiss mature faster, aka physically adult at young tweens, but still live relatively average lifespans. also a resilliant metabolism and slightly taller /more lithe than humans. thier cold, pragmatic attitude is speculated to be more nurture than nature.

i've pondered the issues of chiss/human hybrids in regards to the maturation rate- what if some genetic markers for when to start growing X functions are human, while Y functions are chiss. you might have periods where the skeletal system might not accomidate muscle and organ growth ( theres a condition i know where the skull refuses to grow in children, and the brain gets compromised due to no room, forget what it is)

then theres emotional conflicts that can occur too. but that goes without saying, if you were raised on the agent's ship ;)

one example of the growth markers conflicting is the liger ( lion father, tiger mother) where normally the growth controlling genes are in the lioness, but are not present in a tigress, so ligers are often born with gigantism, while tigons ( tiger father, lion mother) are smaller than both parents.

other issues of hybridisation are sterility in the hybrid offspring. mules ( horse x donkey) are sterile. i doubt my 2nd gen half chiss will breed anyways, as half chiss you can pass off with black hair and pale skin, but 1/4 chiss just... is more human than chiss, and i don't roll humans when given the choice ;)

but the infertility is often more prevalent in male hybrids, with females sometimes successfully breeding with one or the other parent species ( so lets say youd never see a male liger siring children with a female liger, but a female liger could have cubs with a lion or a tiger )