How are amps treated with regards to crafting skills

MasterRummy

I am currently working on my armormech crafting and from an amp perspective, I am trying to get my crit has high as possible. At what point is crit too high or too low? Currently my armormech crit is at +70

How Crafting Amps Work:

+Efficiency

Reduces the time required by Total_Amp_Percentage, AFTER normal Efficiency is applied

Actual_Time = [base_Time * (1 - Non_Amp_Efficiency)] * (1 - Amp_Efficieny)

+Success

Reduces the (Increased in 6.0) Failure Rate of Crew Skill Missions

(formula unavailable, but maxxing appears to remove the failure rate entirely)

+Critical

Does Absolutely Nothing because it's been broken since release

Presumed to either increase critical rate (or restore lost critical rate that has been removed from blue/purpl/gold items)

ETA:

Crit for crew skills is increased by

Being a subscriber (Crafting only, +10% orange dificulty, +15% all others)

Companion affection level (+0.5% / Lvl rounded down to nearest whole percentage)

Legacy perk (crafting only, 1-3%)

Guild Perks (various, as listed)

Guild Set Bonus (+2% Fortune set only)

There is no such thing as crit too high for crew skills...

Edited by Void_Singer

How Crafting Amps Work:

+Critical

Does Absolutely Nothing because it's been broken since release

Presumed to either increase critical rate (or restore lost critical rate that has been removed from blue/purpl/gold items)

Has there been anything official confirming this? My own personal experience absolutely confirms it, since I built a full Synthweaving critical set and see absolutely no improvement, but I hadn't seen anything from Bioware.

Has there been anything official confirming this? My own personal experience absolutely confirms it, since I built a full Synthweaving critical set and see absolutely no improvement, but I hadn't seen anything from Bioware.

and you won't, because it's abundantly apparent that no one in charge gives a flying f*** about crafting or crafters.

I and others have full sets of crafting amps, and while I can't speak for others testing methods, but this was my setup

2 alts, both max crafting, both using lvl 50 companions, each with a full set of gold +Crit amps

1st run, 1,250 finished pieces each (crit duplicates count for "Inventor"), one with Amps, one without

both used the same amount of materials (so got the same amount of crits), with a margin of +4 used by the crit amp side (so worse actually, but within random chance)

2nd Run, same setup as before, but with the opposite toon using crit amps, same result, with the margin being +6 mats used by the amps toon for the same quantity

I've been repeating this test every patch, there's been no change.

Other bugs that have gone unaddressed

Multiple Mission skill and node rewards return uneven results.... most return a fixed amount plus a random portion, but for the bugged skills/nodes, only the fixed part is returned... 100% reproducible

multiple labeling issues, with skills, and items descriptions

ridiculously unbalanced schematic drop chances, that do not match the stated percentage chance, nor were they actually patched as claimed.

listed crit and efficiency rates that have been varying degrees of wrong for over a year (FWIW at least they seem to be trying to fix these)

Absurd crafting costs for items of dubious worth, Max Lxl Augs cost less to construct than Sub optimal "max" Armorings/Mods/Enhancements. the Latter cost as much as full armor pieces (of which they make up only ~30%).

ridiculously low cost for reusables, ridiculously high cost for consummables, and ridiculous high compounding costs for basic construction mats.

Crit Rates stealth lowered for items of blue and above quality in tier 11 crafts.

and those are just off the top of my head.

Yeah, I decided since I wasn't getting too many 306 Initiative earpieces I was going to learn the schematic so if I really needed one I could craft it. I got to ~286 and it's already requiring Solid Resource Matrixes, which is absurd. No way will it EVER be worth it to get the 306. I'll just deal with Savant earpieces on my lesser used alts.

Yeah, I decided since I wasn't getting too many 306 Initiative earpieces I was going to learn the schematic so if I really needed one I could craft it. I got to ~286 and it's already requiring Solid Resource Matrixes, which is absurd. No way will it EVER be worth it to get the 306. I'll just deal with Savant earpieces on my lesser used alts.

there's two simple ways to look at gear pieces for "best"

1. Highest total stat pool (Ex: Sha'tek Initiative and crafted)
  2. Highest total tertiary stat (Mantellian Savant variant B, yeah there's two of them, one at 433, another at 441)

The first one is dog simple, and assumes the more points you have, the better... it's also niave because tertiary stats (Crit, etc) add more to your success, and are uncapped. You're probably better off with the second for enhancements and left side gear,

there's a third, complex way to evaluate, which is by assigning a relative value to each stat, multiplying each by that, and totaling the result, but who has time for that.

and you won't, because it's abundantly apparent that no one in charge gives a flying f*** about crafting or crafters.

I and others have full sets of crafting amps, and while I can't speak for others testing methods, but this was my setup

2 alts, both max crafting, both using lvl 50 companions, each with a full set of gold +Crit amps

1st run, 1,250 finished pieces each (crit duplicates count for "Inventor"), one with Amps, one without

both used the same amount of materials (so got the same amount of crits), with a margin of +4 used by the crit amp side (so worse actually, but within random chance)

2nd Run, same setup as before, but with the opposite toon using crit amps, same result, with the margin being +6 mats used by the amps toon for the same quantity

I've been repeating this test every patch, there's been no change.

Other bugs that have gone unaddressed

Multiple Mission skill and node rewards return uneven results.... most return a fixed amount plus a random portion, but for the bugged skills/nodes, only the fixed part is returned... 100% reproducible

multiple labeling issues, with skills, and items descriptions

ridiculously unbalanced schematic drop chances, that do not match the stated percentage chance, nor were they actually patched as claimed.

listed crit and efficiency rates that have been varying degrees of wrong for over a year (FWIW at least they seem to be trying to fix these)

Absurd crafting costs for items of dubious worth, Max Lxl Augs cost less to construct than Sub optimal "max" Armorings/Mods/Enhancements. the Latter cost as much as full armor pieces (of which they make up only ~30%).

ridiculously low cost for reusables, ridiculously high cost for consummables, and ridiculous high compounding costs for basic construction mats.

Crit Rates stealth lowered for items of blue and above quality in tier 11 crafts.

and those are just off the top of my head.

So many bugs across the whole game since 6.0 and BioWare are silent on all of them, not just the crafting bugs

They should just rename the expansion. Bug Wars: Rise of the killer bugs

Hey Devs, and Community Leads,

When is crafting ACTUALLY going to work as expected? We have all these amps, yet none of them work. Is this just simply a write off to spend our money both in game and in RL to receive nothing, or is this really going to get fixed?

And just to add more to the pot, I have +90 crit on Armormech which does NOT WORK

I have roughly 10% efficiency for ArmorMech which works a little bit but only changes crafting times by 10%. But the value put in to get these numbers......people are broke man..... what are we going to get out of this....or just stop playing the game?

Quit worrying about a story line, pvp operations, and freaking fix crafting!

Edited by MasterRummy

[...]

I have roughly 10% efficiency for ArmorMech which works a little bit but only changes crafting times by 10%. [...]

Amp Efficiency is a percentage of Normal Efficiency... It's only the full value if you dont have any normal efficiency

Normal Efficiency (Companion level, guild bonuses, perks, and buffs)

Normal_Time = Base_Time * (1 - Normal_Efficiency)

Amp_Time = Normal_Time * (1 - Amp_Efficiency)

Put another way, the true value of Efficiency Amps is

Amp_Efficiency * (1 - Normal_Efficency)

[That's 1/4th of the listed value with an influence 50 Companions]

Amp Efficiency is a percentage of Normal Efficiency... It's only the full value if you dont have any normal efficiency

Normal Efficiency (Companion level, guild bonuses, perks, and buffs)

Normal_Time = Base_Time * (1 - Normal_Efficiency)

Amp_Time = Normal_Time * (1 - Amp_Efficiency)

Put another way, the true value of Efficiency Amps is

Amp_Efficiency * (1 - Normal_Efficency)

[That's 1/4th of the listed value with an influence 50 Companions]

I’ve got all the normal efficiency except the guild buffs the GM can choose + them efficiency AMPS. The best I get is about 3 mins less making an invasion force, which is usually an hour to craft with out them.

Honestly, 3 mins reduction is a drop in the buck. One would assume it would be much more after all the potential credits you can spend to get those amps.

IMO, if you have those amps, BioWare should have made it a 15min reduction, not 3 mins

I’ve got all the normal efficiency except the guild buffs the GM can choose + them efficiency AMPS. The best I get is about 3 mins less making an invasion force, which is usually an hour to craft with out them.

Honestly, 3 mins reduction is a drop in the buck. One would assume it would be much more after all the potential credits you can spend to get those amps.

IMO, if you have those amps, BioWare should have made it a 15min reduction, not 3 mins

in that case, 50 comp yields 75%, and max Amplifiers (18%, unless you have a bugged offhand) yields effectively 4.5% more, so yeah, a pittance

in that case, 50 comp yields 75%, and max Amplifiers (18%, unless you have a bugged offhand) yields effectively 4.5% more, so yeah, a pittance

I use the lvl 10 off hand generator you can get from the fleet vendor cause you can buy and sell them back till you get the one you want ;)

So maybe it’s bugged? I don’t know

It’s also a good way to get the crafted mod amps you want. Just buy and sell back till you get the 9 you are after.

Then rip them out and put them in adaptive gear with efficiency AMPs.

Of course you wouldn’t wear these in combat and I just equip them in my SH when crafting. But it does save millions or credits on amp rerolls.

It is time consuming. I’ve spent about 8 hours total getting all the mods for every profession and the influence and napping ones. I think it got me less than 150k, so definitely worth it if you want to save credits

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Offhands are not supposed to have shell amps, and even on that vendor not all offhands are bugged to include shell amps (IIRC it's only offhand with armoring instead of Hilt / Barrel, so not all classes can use them)... gives a potential 1.5% amp boost, which is then reduced by 75% for 50 comps, so only a real gain of 0.375% by itself.... but that's still almost a minute on a a4hr craft (54sec to be exact)

I don't know if this applies to this thread - and, of course, I could be very wrong - but, near as I can tell, unless an amplifier specifically says "[x effect] on [craft]", it doesn't help crafting.

Speaking of amplifiers. Like a lot of people I spent a short amount of time trying to RNG useful amplifiers, but it was too random, and too expensive.

But the other day, while sorting through inventory after an FP, I started checking for useful amps on (306 level) armorings and mods and simply replacing less useful armorings and mods with the newer useful ones. It takes longer, but I'm in no hurry, and it's much less annoying and cheaper than RNG'ing.

Up until now I hadn't been paying any attention to amplifiers (beyond the aforementioned RNG test) and I was pleasantly surprised that all my Guardian's amps were useful, purely by accident. 🙂

(I also discovered that my Gunslinger had a tank armoring on the headpiece, which I replaced. 😏 )

Edited by JediQuaker

Offhands are not supposed to have shell amps, and even on that vendor not all offhands are bugged to include shell amps (IIRC it's only offhand with armoring instead of Hilt / Barrel, so not all classes can use them)... gives a potential 1.5% amp boost, which is then reduced by 75% for 50 comps, so only a real gain of 0.375% by itself.... but that's still almost a minute on a a4hr craft (54sec to be exact)

Yeah, not sure why it’s got the amp on the hand shell. But it’s there, so I’m going to use it :D

I actually have a full set of offhands to use per alt (that can use them).

Ie, pvp rewards, flash point rewards, mission rewards, etc.

Then I swap them depending on what I’m doing