Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Wow, this thread is still alive? I bet Bioware wishes it was in the PTS forum, so they could just delete it and pretend there wasn't any issue.

People who use this argument, yet cannot make 4 more friends themselves and played ranked are just hypocrits. They WANT to stomp pugs. They want to laugh in vent, and use the advantages of out-of-game communication pugs don't have to stomp and laugh and get their easy comms.

Lol, there are certainly A Lot of 4man premades in pvp only guilds on The Harbinger on the republic faction that pugstomp on a daily basis, yet have no team rankings, meaning they've never done 10 ranked matches.

Truth is, they're afraid of getting owned by the dominant imp/pub guilds that do ranked, so they feel more comfortable pugstomping, then patting themselves on the back about how good they think they are, "lol, did you see how hard I smashed that 13k sorc for on my augged min-maxed smasher! I'm so good!" Bioware recognizes this demographic, so their matchmaking system usually matches a 4man premade with another 4man premade (sometimes the same guild, so that all 8 are in voice chat), then they're matched against 8 undergeared/pve geared solo queuers. Why? Because this leads to a more enjoyable experience for the premades...so that they can continue thinking that they're actually good and keep spending money on the cartel market.

People who make an effort to join a guild or form a group with other random people, then queue up for pvp/ops/fps/etc. are more reliable for Bioware, in that they're more serious/invested in the game and thus more profit. Random people, some subs, some f2p, who are still unguilded, refuse to join a guild or group, aren't seen as reliable profit. If you refuse to group with other people, Bioware doesn't value you as important or significant in any meaningful way, simple as that. I personally think it's shortsighted to neglect customers who solo the game and that a better matchmaking system would be better for everyone, but it is what it is and those are the realities here.

As for being unable to get the weekly done due to lack of wins, either put in a ton of time in the solo queue or spend a little time to ask people if they want to group, in gen chat, then queue up and get wins faster. If you face off against a pugstomping premade, quit the match, wait a minute or two, then requeue, you'll then be put into separate queue matches, so you probably won't face off against them again.

Is the current system garbage? yes. Is it unfair? absolutely. Are there ways around it? yes, form your own groups.

To be clear, there's a difference between grouping with some random people you may not even talk to during the match and grouping with some random people, then using vent or some voice communication to coordinate and pugstomp. If you don't like pugstomping and are reluctant to form a group because of that, then just group with some random people, don't use voice chat, then just play the game as if you're still in solo queue. It's virtually the same as solo queue, but the main difference here is that you're more likely to win matches than if you're actual solo queue because the garbage matchmaking system will likely put you up against undergeared solo queuers.

So yeah, matchmaking system is garbage Some guilds are full of people who are afraid to do ranked, and feel like tough guys from pugstomping and some people genuinely just like playing with friends/their guild. Either way, there shouldn't be a separate queue just for groups for 2 reasons:

1. Queue times could take hours to find a 2man to match with two other 3mans, as well as all the different combos, so that would lead to a terrible experience for people who want to group with their friends, so they'd unsub, bioware would lose profit, and put out even more cartel updates and less content as a result.

2. The solo queue would end up being gamed like it is now, where solo queuers would still time their queues together to get into the same matches, just like how certain guilds get all 8 into a single match. So Even With solo only queue, there would inevitably still be multiple guild members in a match pugstomping.

With that said, the best possible solutation is honestly to match people up based on basic regular wz wins, pugstomping guilds would have the most, so they'd get matched up against each other or other pugstomping guilds. Solo queuers with the fewest wins would also be matched up against each other. For people with few wins, but are fresh 50s in a pugstomping guild, make the match based on whoever has the highest wins. So if you have 2 guys with 2,000 wins and 1 guy with 50 wins, then you're automatically placed into the 2,000 win category and matched accordingly. As wins increased, you'd keep moving up. Having a minimum/maximum range would help with queue times, i.e., system has 7 people with 1,000 wins, can't find another, grabs a person with 1200 wins or 800 wins.

All the other suggestions are too easily gamed, i.e., gear level, valor ranking, ranked pvp ranking, etc., but if you use number of wins, that's probably the best estimate of performance. Even if people tried to game the system by pugstomping, but quitting right before they won to keep their wins low, then cool, they just wasted 10-20mins of their time and have nothing to show for it but for super huge epeen stroking for going the extra mile to pugstomp.

Lastly, and most importantly, it's highly unlikely that the developers solo queue (unless they're testing or tracking somebody), they likely group with each other or their own guilds, so why exactly would they remove something that they themselves use, even if they themselves are pugstompers?

So given that fact, solo only queue will never happen, but it is possible that they could redesign the matchmaking system to not suck as much as it does now.

Anyway, continue aruging on people, as Bioware keeps denying this thread's existence. Everybody wins! :)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this thread is still alive? I bet Bioware wishes it was in the PTS forum, so they could just delete it and pretend there wasn't any issue.

:)

That's exactly what they did to my anti bolster and anti crit nerf threads. Just deleted them and pretended it wasn't an issue.

You premade lovers are acting like if you were to be denied the possibility to ever queue as a group, that's not it. What we want is separate queues for solo queues and group queues, SEPARATE QUEUES and not removing the queue group feature for everyone. This way you will still be able to queue with your beloved friends and play as a group. But you gotta REALIZE that PUGs are barely as organized as a premade, like I said before I knew someone would come in and say MAKE FRIENDS AND QUEUE AS GROUP and I quote myself 'Easier said than done'. I actually feel really sorry for those people that can only play 2 to 3 hours a day and are very casual players being thrown into a match against a premade and getting roflstomped like if they were training dummies.

Premades will always have a HUGE advantage vs Pugs. Especially since most of the premades have communication, -skill-, ability to choose the composition of your premade (I've been running into premades of 3 heals and 1 tank or 2 heals 2 tanks one guardin each healer) and they become immortal because pugs dont attack healers even after you tell them several times and healers will call out that they're being attacked and will automatically get focus healed by the other 2 heals, TTK becomes so long that pugs end up raped by the rest of the team. Also gear because if you are used to make premades you're most likely to win most of the matches and you end up getting more comms and improving your gear whereas pugs will only get 50 to 80 comms per loss.

So yeah.. Premades >>>> PUGS and it's way too unfair as it is.

Edited by iHernyx

Lastly, and most importantly, it's highly unlikely that the developers solo queue (unless they're testing or tracking somebody), they likely group with each other or their own guilds, so why exactly would they remove something that they themselves use, even if they themselves are pugstompers?

Hope all these developers lose their job and become bankrupts when game finally fails, cuz they stand their own interest higher than interest of paying customers. ROI of game looks like already fail.

Look to population of pure PvP servers - trend is down to decreased population.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Premades need their own queue. Seriously.

Also, queues MUST be cross server, period.

They don't need their own queue, people need to learn how to form group, play with friends and guild mates, and understand that is what a mmo is suppose to do.

Playing by yourselfs and complaining when other people are being social and having fun playing in a formed up group is acting like a child, self absorbed, and darn right retarded.

*MMO ABBREVIATION MMORPG*

computer games massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Key word (mutiplayer) not single, not one, none uno, MUTIPLAYER!

If organizing a group is hard for some of you complaining about premades that is your fault, almost any mmo allows you to form a group and make a premade.

*Warcraft you can make a premade.

*Warhammer you can make a premade.

*Rift you can make a premade.

*Guild Wars 2 you can make a premade.

*Back in SWG you could make a premade

*SWTOR you can make a premade.

/endthread

/the end

/fin

/I sayed it

Edited by Caeliux

They don't need their own queue,

Please, stop saying what other people need to do or do not.

Stop saying for other people dude.

people need to learn how to form group, play with friends and guild mates, and understand that is what a mmo is suppose to do.

People dont need anything except have fun for thieir money. They dont "need to learn" anything. They just playing for fun.

Playing by yourselfs and complaining when other people are being social and having fun playing in a formed up group is acting like a child, self absorbed, and darn right retarded.

Who forbid you formed a group, and play? No one. No one of solo queuers dont forbid you playing in group.

Solo queuers wanna just their own queue. Be respect to their rights like they respect YOUR right play in YOUR group - seperate from them.

If you dont respect them, they are dont respect you.

*MMO ABBREVIATION MMORPG*

computer games massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Key word (mutiplayer) not single, not one, none uno, MUTIPLAYER!

If organizing a group is hard for some of you complaining about premades that is your fault, almost any mmo allows you to form a group and make a premade.

*Warcraft you can make a premade.

*Warhammer you can make a premade.

*Rift you can make a premade.

*Guild Wars 2 you can make a premade.

*Back in SWG you could make a premade

*SWTOR you can make a premade.

/endthread

/the end

/fin

/I sayed it

You want play in group - go play in group.

Other people who solo queue simply dont want play in group, and dont want play against your group. So go play with anybody who want play with you and who want play against you.

Cuz solo queuers dont care about you, they want play with and against other solo queuers, not with you. This is MMO dude - players playng vs other players. This term means nothing except this.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

WAAAAHHHHHTTTTT!!!!

PEOPLE ACTUALY USE *TEAMWORK* AND STRATEGY WITH THEIR FRIENDS? your telling me people have the audacity to actually work TOGETHER?! your right that can't be allowed !!!!!!!

I mean its not like this is an mmo.... oh wait...

Well its not like this is a game oriented around being social and doing things in groups, "guilds" if you will.... oh wait...

People dont need anything except have fun for thieir money. They dont "need to learn" anything. They just playing for fun.

Who forbid you formed a group, and play? No one. No one of solo queuers dont forbid you playing in group.

Solo queuers wanna just their own queue. Be respect to their rights like they respect YOUR right play in YOUR group - seperate from them.

Other people who solo queue simply dont want play in group, and dont want play against your group. So go play with anybody who want play with you and who want play against you.

Cuz solo queuers dont care about you, they want play with and against other solo queuers, not with you. This is MMO dude - players playng vs other players. This term means nothing except this.

If this is the case then.. I dont want to play versus people that kill me. Please give me my own que with ppl not allowed to equip pvp gear. So respect my rights and give me my private que where i always win, thank you.

Kidding aside. The type of warzones in this game are TEAM warzones so dont cry when ppl actually team up. What bioware could do is put in a free for all deathmatch where u can only solo que and dont have to think about anyone else or objectives except yourself.

Edited by sari_ttb
forgot something

very well put, you hit most of the important points.

Point 1. No one is telling you what you have to do, they are suggesting what you should do, to win more often.

Point 2. If you are "just playing for fun" then stop complaining that you are losing.

Point 3. No you are not trying to forbid people from playing in a group, you are just trying to forbid them in "your" warzone.

Point 4. People don't have a right to "their own queue". The structure has been in place since pretty much launch. Some people formed groups, others refuse to form groups. No rights are being trampled. You are choosing to gimp yourself, then pretending it's a "right" that Bioware is obligated to support. You have the right to PvP naked. You do not have the right to demand Bioware create a "naked only" queue.

Point 5-7ish. You want to gimp yourself by playing solo, but you want Bioware to make sure you don't have to face anyone good. No.

this thread summed up:

"bioware, i am tired of players that are better than me grouping up and beating me. please nerf groups so that they do not beat me anymore"

even tho that will not stop good players from beating bads. *if* they made separate queues for groups/PUGs, it will not be long before bads come to the forums crying for a rating system to keep the good players from playing against the bads.

the underlying issue here is that bads dont like playing against good players. which is a problem that really cant be solved

I read in so many points. I pay and play to have fun. Grouped ppl pay too and want to have fun stomping pugs.. now.. who is in the right? U can't give everyone what they want.

Imo grouped ones are right mainly.. team based game, mmo = not singleplayer. Its simply how the pvp warzones are setup.

Who forbid you speak english good?

I read in so many points. I pay and play to have fun. Grouped ppl pay too and want to have fun stomping pugs.. now.. who is in the right? U can't give everyone what they want.

Imo grouped ones are right mainly.. team based game, mmo = not singleplayer. Its simply how the pvp warzones are setup.

The majority of people queuing for WZs are "single players". Being an MMO doesn't have anything to do with people queuing up to play in a WZ. You and the rest of the people like you can stop using that BS excuse to stomp on unorganized pugs.

The majority of people queuing for WZs are "single players". Being an MMO doesn't have anything to do with people queuing up to play in a WZ. You and the rest of the people like you can stop using that BS excuse to stomp on unorganized pugs.

You know just because you're a pug, doesn't mean that you can't communicate in game. I've seen pugs beat premades through good communication. 99.99999999999999% of solo queue-ers don't take the time to communicate anything and blame the team who is for their loss. It's not always the premades fault. Try harder.

This is an MMO and people want to play with their friends? Why? because its more fun that way, its more fun to play with someone you know and know will do good plus you can communicate and have a better time with them. Seriously if its that big of a deal make a premade of your own nothing is stopping anyone or you from making a premade. Its not that premades fault its the pugs fault for having awful communication and teamwork. Gear is not an excuse anymore for pugs the gap between Elite War Hero and War Hero is so small its laughable. Pugs just don't have a clue with what they're doing, they don't use teamwork and they don't use communication which makes them come cry on the forums. Premades are fun and overall more enjoyable, people need to realize this is an mmo and learn how to group with friends and guildmates. If you want to play by yourself fine but you have the option to form an organized group of friends, crying about people having fun and being social in a massive multiplayer online is pathetic. Do me a favor and name one mmo not even that name me one game that has multiplayer (Halo,Cod,BF, etc) in it that doesn't allow you to group with friends. If you honestly don't want to be social and start a group in a game that is suppose to be social then i advise you to go play a single player rpg, try Skyrim or Dark Souls.

/EndThreat pl0x!

Edited by PowerReaper

You must play a different game than I do. I cant even remember the last time there was a pug vs pug game on Pot5. You are probably forgetting that you dont have to be in the same guild to join a premade

Next you are going to tell me that, if Premades are ubiquitous in every War Zone, then they must represent a larger percentage of the PVP population than the Solo-Crowd is arguing...

Fair point and all, but you don't need to use fancy words to get your point across. :cool:

I'm quite certain 'present' would've sat in there nicely.

Edited by WaldoA