Merc Arsenal PvP spec: Accuracy

-KeggER-

I have full conquerors gear, with obroan main hand blaster. I am grinding out for the full obroan set. Is it possible to achieve 100% accuracy once I get there? or should I be collecting a different armor set all together. My accuracy now is froze at 95.5%. Is 100% necessary? I mainly do PvP

thanks!

I have full conquerors gear, with obroan main hand blaster. I am grinding out for the full obroan set. Is it possible to achieve 100% accuracy once I get there? or should I be collecting a different armor set all together. My accuracy now is froze at 95.5%. Is 100% necessary? I mainly do PvP

thanks!

I never put a point into accuracy even with my sniper, much less a merc. Power/Surge are king.

Mmm.

Any special attacks (not your basic attacks) have 100% chance to hit on a 0 defence chance mob.

Stronger mobs have defence chance and operation bosses famously have 10% defence chance which is why we need 110% accuracy as a raid dps.

Players on the other hand are more complicated.

Everyone has 5% defence chance but Sages and Shadows have 10% defence chance against white damage.

All classes without being tanks have 0 resistance chance against yellow damage. Resistance is the same thing as a dodge but for yellow attacks.

So if your character mainly uses white damage and takes no accuracy then you will miss 5-10% of the time without them using any defences or being tanks.

If you mainly use yellow damage attacks you will never miss on a player who is not a tank or using defences.

So a Sorc who ALWAYS uses yellow damage never needs accuracy against players.

A Marksman Sniper is almost entirely white damage and misses 5-10% of his attacks on non-tank players when he takes no accuracy.

However it's hard to have no accuracy because your tree gives 3% and maxing the affection of your companions grants another 1% so without any accuracy stats you miss 2-8% of the time with white damage.

That's 2% against commandos, vanguards, sentinels, guardians, gunslingers, scoundrels

And 8% against sages, shadows

Now dam near everyone has only 5% defence chance which we can see is down to only 2% with our accuracy talent and accuracy buff from companions.

It takes 66 accuracy or one enchancement/implant/earpiece to turn 2% into 0%.

If you use white damage you should think about that.

Of course there is no 66 accuracy piece, Conqeror is 64 and Obroan is 68 just to troll you but 64 is close enough and brings it down to 0.03%.

On the other hand I have over 500 surge (despite some accuracy) and I know I only get tiny amounts every time I stack into surge.

Doesn't seem like a hard choice really.

TLDR: Take 1 accuracy piece if you're a DPS who isn't a Sorc

Edited by Gyronamics

• 1 year later...

[performs Onboard AED on thread]

Seeing that the above is wrong - a player with defense mirrors another player's accuracy, and seeing that many tanks sport 20% def, I'm starting to wonder if a white damage class such as arsenal merc or marksman sniper shouldn't push for insane accuracy.

Thoughts? Parsers, especially?:tran_eek:

You're never going to be a great tank/sniper killer as a Merc, so I'd leave that to the classes better suited to it. 105% accuracy is generally plenty for PvP (I actually only carry a little over 103, with 1 enhancement) - more than that and I think you're just sacrificing too much.

You're never going to be a great tank/sniper killer as a Merc, so I'd leave that to the classes better suited to it. 105% accuracy is generally plenty for PvP (I actually only carry a little over 103, with 1 enhancement) - more than that and I think you're just sacrificing too much.

If you are playing Arsenal/Gunnery forget about it. If you are playing Assault/IO however, no sniper should win 1v1, and tanks melt under full burst potential (not to mention you can tax them twice by applying all the pressure on secondary target guarded).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=867792&highlight=accuracy+pvp+overview

That thread has everything you need to make a decision about accuracy.

Bottom line is that going no accuracy is going to be your best bet. There is too much base defense and defensive cooldowns flying around for accuracy to be beneficial for the stats you lose trying to gain it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=867792&highlight=accuracy+pvp+overview

That thread has everything you need to make a decision about accuracy.

Bottom line is that going no accuracy is going to be your best bet. There is too much base defense and defensive cooldowns flying around for accuracy to be beneficial for the stats you lose trying to gain it.

yeah i use no accuracy additions to my merc, and notice no loss in damage or hits. Been running without accuracy for a month now.