So how bad is the story for the Inquisitor?

kristoffbrujah

[Warning: played Sorcerer till level 42, no end game spoilers please]

So.... how bad is this story after level 30? Once the Zash story angle was dealt with, this just seemed to drag badly.

Granted I haven't finished, but reading Agents and Warriors rave about their stories, I certainly didn't feel the same way.

Is the Inquisitor story bad?

I wont spoil anything but I felt like after Zash just like you mentions it dragged on and on but the end was well worth it. The final act story I thought was one of the better ones in the game....just the middle really sucks but that seems to be the common theme thus far in all my characters story.

I enjoyed the Korriban portion of the story. I like that I was from humble origins and fighting against stacked odds to survive over my classmates. After Korriban, the story got kind of dull. I especially disliked that my humility had gone out the window.

It wasn't until I got the series of events after Hoth that I started getting back into the story again. While he seems irrelevant to the story, I especially like Talos as a companion, he has some of the best lines (like Fleshing Eating Jawas and Hutts in Bikinis), so he makes some of the story moments worth it.

I am currently on Voss, and looking forward to the homestretch.

I already have a 50 Warrior with completed story, and in comparison, the Inquisitor story feels far weaker. Granted, several parts of the Warrior story dragged a bit, but the overall mechanics of the story actually appeared to reflect the decisions you made through it (such as the way Jaesa is recruited). Almost all Warrior Companions actually feel like they belong as well, with the possible exception of Broonmark. They all feel integral to the Warrior's development of the plot.

I didn't get the same feeling from the Inquisitor story. I don't feel as if any of my decisions really impact anything, nor do I feel like I get a lot of influence of the story as well (I would have abolished the cult on Nar Shaddaa back when I originally did that planet for example). I feel like the Inquisitor story is more on rails and I'm just going through the motions. Companions even feel disjointed from the story, like they just want to tag along and don't really do anything. Only Khem Val and Xalek really feels like they SHOULD be part of the Crew. Andronikus, Ashara, and Talos all just kind of tag along, and in many cases they don't even feel like they are supposed to be there (more like they have to because you have to have 5 companions).

While I like Ashara as a Crew Member, I think the way she joins you is very Deus Ex Machina-ish, and overall just terrible plot. I almost feel like I took her captive.

Inquisitor story does have it's moments, but it just doesn't seem as filling as the Warrior's story did.

Edited by Toogeloo

Currently at Hoth. Just got my companion. I was interested in "binding the ghosts" when the mechanic was first introduced, but was sorely disappointed that I didn't actually get to fight any. I thought the force walk was supposed to let you fight them on equal grounds, not auto catch them.

So far, Hoth has been annoyingly huge, even more so than Balmorra. It seems rather devoid of anything similar to entertaining and I find the scenery lacking.

Defeating Zash was cool, but Thanaton seems like a bit of senile old man compared to his younger self in Blood of the Empire.

The warrior and inquisitor very much mirros the Knight and Consulars.

The Warrior / Knight is the typical Jedi / Sith storyline. You all know it, you all love it.

The Inquisitor / Consular is different. Its about the mysteries of the force.

I know many people wanted a "palpatine" storyline with the inquisitor, and on some parts, you do not get it. A bit of a shame. But on the other hand, if you are into the mystical parts of the jedi / sith, it should be fairly interesting.

I liked it myself. Although I prefered the Warrior.

Currently at Hoth. Just got my companion. I was interested in "binding the ghosts" when the mechanic was first introduced, but was sorely disappointed that I didn't actually get to fight any. I thought the force walk was supposed to let you fight them on equal grounds, not auto catch them.

I don't want to spoil anything, but catching the ghosts is only the beginning of your dealing with them. Theres more to come.

I especially disliked that my humility had gone out the window.

I doubt Sith Inquisitors above level 30 can spell humility. ;P

The slave background kind of doesn't shine through anymore - not that the character would be particularly proud of that though.