Please fix normal mode operation loot

When loot drops that I have and gets assigned to me over another Mercenary who just hit 50 and we are trying to get gear for quickly it isn't a very effective system. This needs to be looked into being changed and currently Hard/Nightmare loot works fine we have a master looter who assigns loot with no problems but a whole normal mode clear is wasted when people with loot already have companion epics now basically while your guild mate is sitting in greens.

At least make purple loot tradeable for a small time window within operations/flashpoints to avoid these type of situations that is all I ask thanks.

I seriously don't understand this loot system either, whichever way I look at it.

Yesterday my guild cleared the first 4 bosses of EV on Normal, there was me (dps guardian), tank guardian, and a sentinel in the raid. The other guardian got 3 token (Columi gear) items and 3 Heavy armor items, while me and sentinel got nothing. The sad thing is the other guardian already had most of those items, and he got duplicates, with no way to change who gets items and no way to trade them to one of us. This is just too retarded and I consider it a game breaking bug/mechanic which enraged me so much I am thinking about cancelling my subscription. I would really like some explanation on this loot system, to me it just seems too retarded to be real.

Edited by Imapwnu

Well, BW tried to come up with a system that would work with PUGs since normal mode in SWtOR is basically LFR from WoW, and they want to avoid all the the ridiculous loot problems in that mode. I agree 100% though, the current system is just horrible. We did normal EV last night and my guildee got 3 pieces and he already had all 3, and all 3 could have been used by other people.

I understand what they're trying to do, but it falls on its face big time. It seems like they go out of their way to avoid copying almost anything from WoW, when they should recognize that WoW has 7 years on them and almost every system in WoW is super ironed out and close to flawless. I'm not trying to jump on WoW's nuts, but it's true.

Take some notes from the 400 lb gorilla BW!

It is just really frustrating I am a min/max player and the best way to progress is upgrading your guild mates with loot that gives the largest upgrades/benefit but the game just laughs in your face and makes you vendor loot basically.

Making loot tradable would fix all these problems you put systems in place for the small minority of ******s out there and screw over the large majority of people who are not gigantic loot whore ninjas.

I don't get why it chooses 1 person who gets all the items from that raid. ALL the items, seriously? Not even some kind of Round Robin? It's just completely broken and I don't see how it can work, even for PUG's. Right now if you don't get an item from first boss, you may as well just leave the raid cause you won't get anything from the rest of the bosses either.

It doesn't pick just one person and they are the ones who get loot the whole run. I did it last night and I got an item from the first and second bosses, but nothing after that. (It's just a different form of loot bags that they always talked about, except they leave out the bags and you just loot the item/crystals assigned to you straight off the boss)

I do agree tho that the random loot assignment is the worst idea I've seen implemented in this game, hands down. It's fine the first run, where nobody really has any gear, but after that it's just...rage inducing.

Edited by eightohfive

After you clear normal once go onto hard mode?

I do agree it is annoying to see loot assigned to a person who already has the piece or whatever but seriously, move onto hard mode and put on master looter.

We are 5/5 hard mode it is idiotic though not to clear normal also for extra loot at minimum to get 4 piece sets and weapons both being Columi level.

Edited by Nissin

We are 5/5 hard mode it is idiotic though not to clear normal also for extra loot.

This. It's on a different lockout and there are only 6 bosses in the game. There's no reason not to clear through normal.

I also agree on the auto-assignment. At least let people who can use it roll for it.

lol yes. this is so dumb.

I made a post earlier about it.

Like our first run had one of our inquis guys get like 3 pieces over our tank and a even more undergeared sorc them himself. A couple of cunning items going to a certain player that were only sidegrades as opposed to 100% upgrades for another IA.

The fact that its essentially random just makes gearing for the harder difficulties more time consuming. Just let us master loot like normal ffs.....

Did they not think that guilds would run this as a 100% premade? They couldn't have expected that only pugs would run normal mode raids. You gotta gear up somehow right?

CONFUSION - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Not to mention the excessive amount of Trooper gear that drops over all other class types?

I have noticed this also my mercenary is purple in every slot everything that drops has freaking aim on it I kind of feel bad but on the other hand I heal and have amazing gear to carry now :cool:

I am signing all of the threads describing how broken the loot system is.

/signed

Had the other trooper in the raid get all of the drops on normal, he would have been quite happy to share, but there is no way to do it. Maybe next week will be my week...

And yes we got trooper gear on all bosses.

Totally agreed with this idiotic loot system. I have no idea what BioWare was thinking. Just cleared the run tonight with ease, and we're trying to gear our healing merc, but every merc piece went to the DPS Merc who was already geared. Ridiculous. Granted - Normal mode may be easy, but it gives raiders a chance to get normal 4piece bonus then move onto Hard modes. Please for the love of this game, fix it. It has enough problems - So dont make 'raiding loot' another one.

• 2 weeks later...

While I have no problem with the concept, at least allow raidleaders to overwrite the looting system. As been said before, the lootsysteem does not make any sense. The higher geared people get items while the lowered geared people get nothing, not to mention double items which I give to companions or rip out the upgrades. To make matters worse, people get loot that's not for them or not needed. For example the healing relic dropped from G4-B3 which a DPS'er won, didn't make any sense.

It's no a big problem the way the looting works on normal but it does slow things down in terms of gearing.

Again, the system is fine for PUGs, at least let raiding guilds control this themselves. Guilds usually have systems in place (DKP, bidding, etc) how to gear up people.