Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

HoloTweed
10.22.2019 , 01:11 PM | #1
I was surprised to find all of my mats exactly where I left them before 6.0. I was under the impression that they would be automatically moved from all the places I have them into the new vault.

But no. You have to do it MANUALLY. You have to pull the mats from whatever bank they're stored into a character's inventory one by one. THEN you can have them swept into the Mats Vault.

But wait - IT GETS WORSE.

Yes, mats are listed under crafting type... but you have no option how to display them. Instead of the natural way, by Level and Rarity, they are instead... displayed ALPHABETICALLY. So if you want to know how many you have of the Level 8 blue mat, you better remember what it's called.

Why was there not AT LEAST the option to change how mats are displayed? (If there is, it's certainly nowhere obvious.) Outside of getting these things out of the various storage areas (which will take at least an hour over 40 alts), this doesn't really seem like an improvement at all.

damonskye
10.22.2019 , 01:22 PM | #2
But you can still see how many you have, or need, by simply opening a crafting window that uses that item...
"Story is flavor. Content is substance. ... SWTOR needs new content. Desperately."
- KeyboardNinja.

ZionHalcyon
10.22.2019 , 01:27 PM | #3
So wait. You're outrage is that they didn't do all the work for you?

Smallest violin playing over here for you.

xordevoreaux
10.22.2019 , 01:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
I was surprised to find all of my mats exactly where I left them before 6.0. I was under the impression that they would be automatically moved from all the places I have them into the new vault.

But no. You have to do it MANUALLY. You have to pull the mats from whatever bank they're stored into a character's inventory one by one. THEN you can have them swept into the Mats Vault.

But wait - IT GETS WORSE.

Yes, mats are listed under crafting type... but you have no option how to display them. Instead of the natural way, by Level and Rarity, they are instead... displayed ALPHABETICALLY. So if you want to know how many you have of the Level 8 blue mat, you better remember what it's called.

Why was there not AT LEAST the option to change how mats are displayed? (If there is, it's certainly nowhere obvious.) Outside of getting these things out of the various storage areas (which will take at least an hour over 40 alts), this doesn't really seem like an improvement at all.
This overhaul was overdue and done well. I love the way it's implemented. Much much closer to how Everquest 2 does their harvest boxes. New items you get will go directly in the vault rather than personal inventory.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

HoloTweed
10.22.2019 , 01:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
This overhaul was overdue and done well. I love the way it's implemented. Much much closer to how Everquest 2 does their harvest boxes. New items you get will go directly in the vault rather than personal inventory.
But it's NOT done well. Otherwise we would be able to select how our mats are displayed. It was half-done.

AlorAlak
10.22.2019 , 02:01 PM | #6
I agree it is half-assed.

I just harvested a node and got no announcement in my chat display. I have no idea if I even got anything.

Edit: I opened the materials inventory when I harvested, and the materials were placed in there, but some feedback in chat would be nice lol.

There is also a move all crafting materials to material storage button on the top left of inventory screen now.

Nightblazer
10.22.2019 , 02:03 PM | #7
But it's NOT done well. Otherwise we would be able to select how our mats are displayed. It was half-done.
It was done well. Just not done to how you would have done it. Some will agree, some won't. Simple as personal preference nothing more.

Submit a suggestion in the suggestion box and move on.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

HoloTweed
10.22.2019 , 02:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
It was done well. Just not done to how you would have done it. Some will agree, some won't. Simple as personal preference nothing more.

Submit a suggestion in the suggestion box and move on.
Except it was NOT done well. It wasn't thought through. It's half-baked. There isn't even personal preference involved... the clunky way that mats are put in the tab and the complete lack of display options makes the new Mats Tab underwhelming and badly implemented. Glad you are satisfied with a "Less Than" result. So YOU can move on, but those not satisfied with the result will make that point known.

ZionHalcyon
10.22.2019 , 02:21 PM | #9
Except it was NOT done well. It wasn't thought through. It's half-baked. There isn't even personal preference involved... the clunky way that mats are put in the tab and the complete lack of display options makes the new Mats Tab underwhelming and badly implemented. Glad you are satisfied with a "Less Than" result. So YOU can move on, but those not satisfied with the result will make that point known.
It was done well.

JediQuaker
10.22.2019 , 02:23 PM | #10
This is incorrect. You can move stacks of mats directly from your Inventory, or from your Cargo Bay, or from Legacy Storage, simply by right clicking on the stacks, with the mat tab open** - I've done all 3. They go directly into the mat storage without needing to go through your inventory.

Quote:
While somewhat correct, it's not really a big deal. When you go to craft something, the crafting window will, just as before, show you what mats you need and how many you have to craft with.

** Edit - A minor edit - you do have to have the Materials tab "open" to directly put stuff in there by right-clicking. Open the mat tab by clicking on the "diamond" at the left of your Inventory pane.

EDIT #2 - You also have to have "Enable Movable Secondary Window" checked in Interface Editor, to be able to have the Mats tab open while your inventory and Cargo Bay or Legacy Storage is open. Of course, everyone should have that checked on already.

Edit #3 - I just noticed there's a "move all mats" button at the top left of the Inventory window, but I've already moved them all, so I haven't tried it yet.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV