Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StephanSimpson
05.02.2017 , 11:31 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
Get used to it around here. A lot of folks think they're hardware engineers and/ or programmers.
I'm a maintenance tech that had to rewrite software engineer's programs because they made the adjustment routine not work correctly. I've also fixed some Access databases that were screwed up beyond repair. It's not fun taking a month fixing a database that I could've rewritten in a couple days. But they wanted that database to work.

merovejec
05.02.2017 , 11:31 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by StephanSimpson View Post
From the start of the game way back when until now, I'd have to give them an 80% chance that maintenance will be extended anytime they have maintenance.

It should be simple:

Step 1 - Take Authentication Server offline
Step 2 - run update program on individual "servers"
Step 3 - reboot servers(fully power off and on)
Step 4- make coffee and wait 2 hours
Step 5 - make sure servers are "up"
Step 6 - reboot Authentication Server
Step 7 - make players happy by not extending maintenance

Bioware, i'll send you a bill for $150,000 because I just made updating your game very simple.
Dont worry it will be up till USA prime time
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

Falkenlambedo
05.02.2017 , 11:32 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Mianera View Post
Stop trying to identify the issue with wild theories when the answer is obvious.

it is caused by INCOMPETENCE!
Itīs so true..

CCPdystopia
05.02.2017 , 11:32 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
Get used to it around here. A lot of folks think they're hardware engineers and/ or programmers.
yeah it's hilarious

WizardGR
05.02.2017 , 11:34 AM | #95
Hello fellow unlogged in

I wonder how many hours it will take us to download the patch
Odysseas (Odysseus was a legendary Greek king of Ithaca and the hero of Homer's epic poem the Odyssey). In Greek "Οδυσσέας"
This isn't the link, you are looking for. Move along
If you feel disturbing for the lack of my refferal link, let me know it.

StephanSimpson
05.02.2017 , 11:34 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by CCPdystopia View Post
yes, but get this (and try to understand it) computer issues /= software/program issues.
I did electronic maintenance for 12 years. Changing circuits cards out and what not. You'd be shocked that people will try to write a program for a certain computer(a MAC) and try to install it on Windows and expect it to run. Even says on the package that it's for a MAC.

I've also dealt with hardware issues. Video cards going bad and RAM sticks taking a dump(literally). I've done both sides of the house...hardware and software. I always go for the easy fix 1st and that's rebooting.

CCPdystopia
05.02.2017 , 11:35 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by StephanSimpson View Post
I'm a maintenance tech that had to rewrite software engineer's programs because they made the adjustment routine not work correctly. I've also fixed some Access databases that were screwed up beyond repair. It's not fun taking a month fixing a database that I could've rewritten in a couple days. But they wanted that database to work.
I too am a tech, and still you are an idiot who truly does not know what he is talking about, but please go on...

Kaveat
05.02.2017 , 11:35 AM | #98
Solution: Stop making the patch/update service dependent on the login service.

A: We are sorry, but your suggestion does not conform to the 'new math' complication method, nor the consumer confusion and irritation process, and therefore can not be supported or endorsed by Ewok, Jawa & Ewok Developers Mismanagement Consortium.

Quote: Originally Posted by CCPdystopia View Post
I too am a tech, and still you are an idiot who truly does not know what he is talking about, but please go on...
My Card:
Pardon me. I am somewhat of a bull slinger myself, but occasionally I like to listen to a professional.
Please Carry On

fixt
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!
No [Big Red Button] to push? OK, fine, you can click this one instead: [Referal Button]

Nexdine
05.02.2017 , 11:36 AM | #99
Get real, people. The game is built on top of a Hero Engine from 2005 or so. It took 5+ years to make the game. During that process they (from what I recall reading) basically rewrote tons of the engine to be able to do the game in the first place. I can't even begin to imagine the rats nest spaghetti the game has become over 6 years of patching, mending, cutting, pasting and adding to it.

Bonzenaattori
05.02.2017 , 11:37 AM | #100
1 hour later... starting to lament subbing once again
Sigh
Same sith different day