Easiest to hardest hardmode flashpoints?

So my guild is just getting to 50 and we've started to do hardmode 4's. black talon was a joke, we went into false emperor and wiped a bit but managed. then we went into hardmode battle of ilum got through the first 2 bosses by bashing our face into our desk, got to 3rd and got absolutely *****, the boss honestly seemed barely beatable if at all, and that would be after atleast another 20 attempts. we gave up and went to boarding party run was just as faceroll as the last for the start got to the last boss commander jorland, and got destroyed by a seemingly unbeatable boss in our gear.

so can someone please list me some hardmodes that are easy to farm. much appreciated.

Much harder looks last boss in Boarding Party, especially without range DPSers in group. And Revan in Foundry also hits for 45K on 2nd phase. You need insane DPS to burn him to last phase, where he stops casting this spell.

All other flashpoints except this two are easy, and you just need gear to manage with them.

Ok when you first ding if you have people who are talented in your guild you should be able to get through Heroic Black Talon right off the bat. It is really a very simple heroic as long as people interrupt and do basic mechanics well. So Black Talon is the easiest.

Next easiest is The False Emporer. This takes some level of gear on at least some of the people present and will take a few wipes per boss but none of the boss is earth-shatteringly hard so think of this as your first test run of a real heroic. If you cant do this dont plan on finishing any of the others.

-----disclaimer------- the other 4 heroics are ridiculously harder then the first two. this does not mean that every boss is hard and this is almost never the case. at this point if you are looking to gear out your best choice is boarding party due to the only hard boss being the last one. BUT if your looking to finish.......

After this the following easy is battle of ilum. Note that the second boss is ridiculous and without a good amount of gear and skill on all your people will cause you to go screaming for your mommy.

Next easiest is boarding party/foundry [i refuse to run boarding party daily on normal so i can get to foundry so i link these together]. Boarding partys last boss is a true test of your skill and will make you sweat. On top of this if you kill the boss in the "easiest to kill" order and fail you will bug the instance and even tho you get complete credit you cant get loot or zone back into it for the day.

Hardest easily is D7. The third boss in this instance puts out a ludicrous amount of damage on people and lasts forever (400K HP). On top of this the last boss is no walk in the park either (though its an execution check not a gear check). If you try to pug this instance at this point you are probably a masochist.

Great hard modes and great balance by bioware. If you dont like hard content that requires you to put some effort on your gear/skill level and coordination with your friends you should go play the game that will not be named where you can just hit a button to pug with complete ******* and still clear everything in a one shot.

****edit*** looks like we did d7 without knowing a way to avoid some damage which would turn the hardest fight in there into something much more manageable. If this turns out to be true id put d7 in front of everything but emporer and black talon. expect wipes on it still though.

Edited by Honeyduck

Great hard modes and great balance by bioware. If you dont like hard content that requires you to put some effort on your gear/skill level and coordination with your friends you should go play the game that will not be named where you can just hit a button to pug with complete ******* and still clear everything in a one shot.

****edit*** looks like we did d7 without knowing a way to avoid some damage which would turn the hardest fight in there into something much more manageable. If this turns out to be true id put d7 in front of everything but emporer and black talon. expect wipes on it still though.

Its not really great when its easier and nets you better gear to clear EV in an evening.

The hm flashpoints besides BT and FE are incredibly overtuned. Are we expected to gear up in operations first, then do the hm flashpoints? That's just dumb.

And what ever happened to nightmare flashpoints? Did Bioware just forget to include them?

Edited by Lord_Itharius

It's kinda funny how every place any discussion sprouts up, it's the empire... Black Talon says it all

And not a word about Esseless and stuff

just a curiosity I noticed (prolly the 80/20 ratio of imps to reps is true and not a stupid rumor)

It's kinda funny how every place any discussion sprouts up, it's the empire... Black Talon says it all

And not a word about Esseless and stuff

just a curiosity I noticed (prolly the 80/20 ratio of imps to reps is true and not a stupid rumor)

It is not a rumor at all, just wait till world PvP is "encouraged" and you'll end up getting gang banged by dozens of imps.

OT: I did not do any Empire HMs but from the descriptions here Eseless sounds a lot like BT. Ironfist is the main issue here and you will need good interrupts to kill him (and good DPS and heals for that matter).

I think Taral V is one of the easiest HMs for the Republic, including the bonus boss. Just make sure you bring good dps.

Maelstrom Prison isn't hard overall, but the Cyborg boss might make you cry (at least when you see the repair bills).

• 2 months later...

In terms of easiest to hardest, based on 3 point inspection(average skill requirement/average boss difficulty/worth-per-time) and a scale of one to ten with 10 being less favored (high/difficult/low) and my notes on the flashpoint....

The Black Talon (2/2/3) -- Depending on the droid vs. human bosses, It can be a little challenging, but otherwise you can probably get through it blindfolded.

The Foundry (4/5/5) -- HK likes to bug. The matriarch can be difficult if you don't pay the hell attention.

Boarding Party (5/4/7) -- You'll need some careful stepping with CC's for some of the bosses, and the last trio is just annoying to deal with.

Kaon Under Siege (6/4/4) -- CCing is key for the big packs if you are appropriately-geared. The behemoth is a little difficult if you aren't prepared for it. The droid boss can pretty much be pulled back almost to the beginning if you wanted, and then killed. It's really the packs that get a group.

The False Emperor (4/6/8) -- It get challenging if you don't have the appropriate gear. It requires you know your class pretty well. There are bugs where if you knock people off sometimes they glitch out and attack you through the ground which causes the unfavorable worth-per-time

Directive 7 (4/4/9) -- The bugs I've encountered make this an instance that isn't even worth entering.

The Battle of Ilum (5/8/9) -- Goddamn that one boss. You know who I'm talking about.