Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Hero of the Esseles"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Hero of the Esseles"?

vdeity
09.11.2012 , 04:58 PM | #1

Kaisernick
09.11.2012 , 05:08 PM | #2
i never did it, i think they just referred to me as captain and that's it.

vdeity
09.11.2012 , 05:11 PM | #3

KretanMelithorn
09.11.2012 , 05:45 PM | #4
I never did any of the Flashpoints on my 50 Gunslinger and he was referred to as the Hero of the Esseles a couple times during levelling

bright_ephemera
09.12.2012 , 07:03 AM | #5
Every now and then, it seems, a line assumes that you have finished Esseles/Black Talon. The Agent has a class-quest line that refers to the events of Black Talon even if you've never set foot in the place; my Smuggler occasionally got an Esseles reference.

Thankfully they don't extend this assumption to all the other FPs as you go.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

_biddan_
09.12.2012 , 07:07 AM | #6
it reminds me of something...

"it's...it's you!the hero of kvatch!this is truly an honor!"

ah right.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Gassygunslinger
09.12.2012 , 06:06 PM | #7
I'm just waiting for the day where a quest-giver references me as a genocidal war criminal because of the hundreds of thousands of people I've killed. I shot first and killed tens of thousands of alleged gangsters without a trail ("He joined the gang a week prior!"), thousands of Imperial soldiers despite the fact that we're not technically in a war and I'm not even a soldier, the dozens of yellow-con non-hostile NPC's that got caught up in my AOEs, and the tens of thousands of animals I butchered without a hunting license. I even sent deadly weapons and Underworld Goods through the Republic mail system. That's a FELONY.

I'm going away for a long time guys. By my approximate count, about 451,001,123,812 years.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

ALMAINYNY
09.12.2012 , 07:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
I'm just waiting for the day where a quest-giver references me as a genocidal war criminal because of the hundreds of thousands of people I've killed. I shot first and killed tens of thousands of alleged gangsters without a trail ("He joined the gang a week prior!"), thousands of Imperial soldiers despite the fact that we're not technically in a war and I'm not even a soldier, the dozens of yellow-con non-hostile NPC's that got caught up in my AOEs, and the tens of thousands of animals I butchered without a hunting license. I even sent deadly weapons and Underworld Goods through the Republic mail system. That's a FELONY.

I'm going away for a long time guys. By my approximate count, about 451,001,123,812 years.
That's nothing compared to most Sith characters. If captured by the Jedi, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jedi Council decided to strip them of the Force after all they've done.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

Gassygunslinger
09.12.2012 , 07:36 PM | #9
Well yeah, but they're the bad guys. Sort of. When you've each gleefully killed hundreds of thousands of people (and looted their corpses), evil dialogue choices seem kind of like a drop in a bucket.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

SilverMagnum
09.14.2012 , 03:08 PM | #10
I never did Esseles on my slinger. And I still heard that phrase at least once.

Not exactly a big deal but a bit awkward for your character to be getting credit for something he didn't do.
Colt - Victarion - Artessia - Corana - Slyde: The Gamble Legacy
Remnants of Hope / Vestige of Despair