"Leech Health" effects...

CommanderFrog

In basically every MMO I play a melee dps that has leech health effects with some high survivability (sacrificing DPS but can tank even in raids for a bit during an emergency), Rift I played assassin soul, rogue archetype (I think it was assassin with the health leech poison), WoW I played blood DK (and even got a dps build that was still blood in cata, though them changing it is what made me quit in the end -shrug-). Anyway, now that im done with backstory..

After searching I noticed watchman/annihilation (sentinel/marauder) seem to have the melee health leeching im looking for, though it seems to be basically useless until 25-30+, I was wondering, do any other classes have these health leech effects? I believe sorcerer is the only other one, but wanted to make sure..

Assassin/Shadow have a stance (combat technique) that proc a little kinetic damage and leeches two or three times that. It's a "tank" technique kinda.

Not a game changer, but it's nice to keep the pace going while questing and the like.

Edited by Kemorand

sentinel/marauder's burn effects healing them is useless pretty much all the time.

shadow/assassin's combat technique is better, but only if they actually use a healer companion with it.

Neither is going to be able to let them tank or survive on their own when they get aggro and the healer is too busy. Neither will let you become some unstoppable force in PVP either. The healing on both is so low that maybe you'll be able to outheal a weak class enemy attacking you, but seeing as you need to attack the enemy to get it to proc, that weak enemy dies anyway.

The closest you have to that is a Jedi Shadow tank (specced Kinetic).

They have a tiny leech effect, but that's not the real deal, the real deal is that when they use TK Throw under a proc it does a self-heal.

It seems to fit your likes. Melee, tank (sacrifice DPS for survival) with self-heal (leech).

Assassin/Shadow have a stance (combat technique) that proc a little kinetic damage and leeches two or three times that. It's a "tank" technique kinda.

Not a game changer, but it's nice to keep the pace going while questing and the like.

Heals-per-second have a very high impact against damage-per-second, especially when combined with DPS reduction that a tank has.

That effective leech stance (technically not "leech" per-say, but heals you when you deal damage, so same thing) can change the tide of a one-on-one battle to a victory, or at least a prolonged death, buying those several few precious seconds necessary.

Time to Live = Health / [ (100% - overallDefense%) * DPS - HealPS ]

Each part by itself may be negligible, but the way the parts combine can yield a surprisingly different outcome. Quite like how Ability Delay was so game-breaking. Those split-seconds really do culminate.

Edited by ZoeTuah

The closest you have to that is a Jedi Shadow tank (specced Kinetic).

They have a tiny leech effect, but that's not the real deal, the real deal is that when they use TK Throw under a proc it does a self-heal.

It seems to fit your likes. Melee, tank (sacrifice DPS for survival) with self-heal (leech).

I dont mean tank, still dps, but not like "I MUZT SACRIFICE ALL ENDURANCE FOR ONE WILLPOWER!!", DPS that has quite a lot of survivability..I tried watchman and yeah its healing is worthless :/ Guess ima have to go with the tank thing..

Heals-per-second have a very high impact against damage-per-second, especially when combined with DPS reduction that a tank has.

That effective leech stance (technically not "leech" per-say, but heals you when you deal damage, so same thing) can change the tide of a one-on-one battle to a victory, or at least a prolonged death, buying those several few precious seconds necessary.

Time to Live = Health / [ (100% - overallDefense%) * DPS - HealPS ]

Each part by itself may be negligible, but the way the parts combine can yield a surprisingly different outcome. Quite like how Ability Delay was so game-breaking. Those split-seconds really do culminate.

^ This, the healing is amazing...and honestly ive yet to experience ability delay :/

I dont mean tank, still dps, but not like "I MUZT SACRIFICE ALL ENDURANCE FOR ONE WILLPOWER!!", DPS that has quite a lot of survivability..I tried watchman and yeah its healing is worthless :/ Guess ima have to go with the tank thing..

Do note, however, that Shadow Tanks have the highest DPS of all tanking classes. The only downside is that they're tricky to play. Should be a fun experience though.