Lethality vs Concealment

Adapterr

Hi guys,

As a returning player, its hard to find real discussion for this game, especially for 6.1.

I recently started to play an operative and my item level has reached 305. I want to start optimizing the gear spread but i'm a little uncertain if I want to commit to lethality or concealment. I really enjoy the game play that comes with lethality. I haven't really touched concealment yet because I have a max level deception assassin. How comparable is the Deception vs the Concealment? Which seems to be doing the most damage in PVE and PVP (between lethality and conceal)? I am no master at my rotation but it feels pretty smooth and easy, I rarely feel like panic mode where I need to spam abilities.

Please let me know your oponions in the comments.

Speaking from a personal opinion, I prefer Lethality > Concealment. Concealment plays somewhat similar to Deception but with even fewer buttons and nothing that lights up and screams "BAM PRESS ME".

The glory is you can play both with the same armor set, stats, and amplifiers and they perform pretty much the same in a dummy parse. Without knowing exactly what type of content you are looking at, it is hard to refer one spec over the other.

For instance this is my stat/gear spread on mine. It is by no means perfect, but managed to pull 21k dps as both specs, which is more than enough for most content in the game.

Scoundrel - 5-4-2020

6/6 Tacticians

8.40% Tech Wizardry

2.20% Periodic Intensity

Mastery - 12,117

Endurance - 16,588

Power - 9,386

Crit - 3,193

Alacrity - 1,290

Accuracy - 1,681

Scrapper Parse - 21,232 DPS - http://parsely.io/parser/view/495560

Ruffian Parse - 21,152 DPS - http://parsely.io/parser/view/495091

Right on friend. Thanks for the response. I actually tried the spec today and I agree with your thoughts. Il keep lethality as my main spec, its just far more engaging. I was told the spec is the most boring of the operatives but I enjoy it the most.