Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Are the collections prices intended or a bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wartornfey
06.19.2014 , 10:31 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

~Snip

TLDR Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric
Thank you very much for clearing that up.

I don't mind the fact that there are more rare items at all, I just wish that the GSF items wouldn't count as your "2 items" in a pack. It's utterly soul-crushing to open a pack and find GSF stuff that's worthless (make a vendor for that stuff imo, maybe even rep).

For future reference, maybe adding in the Cartel Certificates would be nice (instead of scrap or from Jawas?), so we can get the items from rep vendors (if we want) that we don't have yet. *looks at Pocket Sarlacc*

Darth_Wicked
06.19.2014 , 10:33 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
This is true and its hard to deny that there wasn't a communication issue.
2 days ago hearing from tait and then today finally hearing from Musco with clarification is a bit weird and I will admit fishy.

I think Bioware should experiment with the cartel market and get feedback but I also think that they should be a little more open about it.
The collections issue I think is something that they don't really need to justify but thats just me.

However on the note of items like this. I am pretty sure that this has been the same thing since the cartel market came out.

The Head piece and chest were always the rarer pieces and the other ones were harder to come by. With some exceptions. Just look at Reven
Seriously? Do you ask a lab rat if he minds being experimented upon by any chance?

I doubt that.

Truth be told, as mentioned over and over again by some people, they were pretty much testing the waters to see if they could get away with these new prices, hoping they would become standard-fare.

What I find shocking - or perhaps not - is that even so the usual suspects were either too dense or blind to see that this was their original aim or plan all along, that there wasn't any mistake whatsoever.

That somewhere, someone rotated that handle a bit too much and the price was higher that was actually meant to.

In all truth, some of the people who are now apparently shocked deserve what they're getting. In the end, they're as much lab rats as the rest of us.

Reno_Tarshil
06.19.2014 , 10:36 AM | #113
Having had some time extra time to ponder all this. It's their game and they have every right to do what they want with it but the way this was handled was very terrible.

If you want to expiriment? That's fine and well but to do so without letting us know is pretty bad.

If the next pack that comes out is the same as this one, I honestly think you're going to lose a lot of money.

I honestly hope our feedback about this isn't ignored...
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

DarthTHC
06.19.2014 , 10:39 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Having had some time extra time to ponder all this. It's their game and they have every right to do what they want with it but the way this was handled was very terrible.

If you want to expiriment? That's fine and well but to do so without letting us know is pretty bad.

If the next pack that comes out is the same as this one, I honestly think you're going to lose a lot of money.

The surest way to provide feedback to a business and ensure the business pays attention is to deliver that feedback in dollars... or lack thereof.

Sarcaster
06.19.2014 , 10:39 AM | #115
Varying rarities within armor sets, overpriced collections unlocks, and what you're going to do is "fix" the tooltips and embargo the pack? Wow.

I'm not a fan of any of the decisions made with this pack.

Tannatra
06.19.2014 , 10:48 AM | #116
since the pack is being embargoes in 2.8.1 making the unlocks via collections super expensive... seems fair and reasonable... since once its embargoed its gone.... just look at the collection price of the Gold Scalene set..... its an event pack its not a standard pack....

AlrikFassbauer
06.19.2014 , 10:50 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Tannatra View Post
since the pack is being embargoes in 2.8.1 making the unlocks via collections super expensive... seems fair and reasonable... since once its embargoed its gone.... just look at the collection price of the Gold Scalene set..... its an event pack its not a standard pack....
Or the TRK-R-Treatment Chamber.

A poll would've been nice.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Darth_Wicked
06.19.2014 , 10:52 AM | #118

As I asked earlier: Do you ask a lab rat if he minds being experimented upon?

Because at this point, that's how the player base is pretty much perceived by Bioware, given the stunt they just pulled.

Reno_Tarshil
06.19.2014 , 10:53 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Or the TRK-R-Treatment Chamber.

A poll would've been nice.
Asking us how much we would pay for unlocks? Would be nice but I don't think it would have mattered.

Reno_Tarshil
06.19.2014 , 10:54 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
As I asked earlier: Do you ask a lab rat if he minds being experimented upon?

Because at this point, that's how the player base is pretty much perceived by Bioware, given the stunt they just pulled.
If they are turning me into a hunter killer robot lab rat than experiment away.