Question about Doc

Aeneas_Falco

I recently started playing through the Jedi Knight story line again and just got to Balmora. I had Kira with my male Jedi Knight and Doc immediately starts flirting with Kira, referring to her as 'your gorgeous friend' and using 'honey' when addressing her.

I must have had T7 with me when I played through that scene the first time on my main, as I have no memory of it. It did make me laugh, but it got me thinking...

Does that play out differently if it's a female Jedi Knight and Kira? Since Doc is a potential LI for a female Knight, it would be a bit awkward if he initially thought Kira was the more attractive of the two and only showed interest in the Knight after Kira brushed him off. LOL.

On that note, does he also try to make a pass at Kira back on the ship if the Knight is female? I do remember that scene with my main, and Kira using a mind trick on him to make him go away. (some of the funnier dialogue in the game, IMO)

It's been a long time since I romanced Doc on my female knight, but if I remember right, he basically transfers all his one-liners to you instead of Kira. Not word for word, but he pursues you and not her, starting with that first meeting on Balmorra.

Thanks!

Other than Torian and Mako I believe he's the only companion character to express interest in another, so I was curious how Bioware handled that if the Knight was female. Glad to hear his banter shifts entirely to the Knight, as it would make Doc a bit of a sleeze otherwise.

On the other hand I assume female Knights miss out on a couple humorous exchanges. Kira calling Doc a 'walking hormone' was one of the few lines in the game that caused me to laugh out loud, as well as the scene where she mind tricks him when he's trying to put the moves on her.

On the other hand I assume female Knights miss out on a couple humorous exchanges. Kira calling Doc a 'walking hormone' was one of the few lines in the game that caused me to laugh out loud

Actually, this one female Knights do get. Kira says this line after Doc tries to hit on the Knight for the second or third time.