What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

I have never been big into PVP but lately I have found myself messing in the low level stuff. I have always felt that PVP is way out of balance, strongly favoring the Imp side. My feelings on this was confirmed (In my eyes) when looking over the Leader Boards for Season 1. If my memory serves me right, when looking at the All Advanced Classes tab, there was not a Republic player in the top 20 (one at spot 24), and a grand total of just 4 in the top 50 (going further on, 19 in the top 100). Call me crazy in saying that PVP is tipped in favor of the imps but the numbers just do not lie. I find it hard to get into PVP as a first timer when the odds are that out of favor for the republic side. Even in the low level PVP this unbalance if felt. I know this may not be the place to post these thoughts but figured more would see it. I have respect for all you hardcore PVP players, it is crazy the things you can do. Enjoy.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the previous season's big reward was a big mount that would eventually be reskinned and put out on the CM (which I'm fine with), I propose something similar: since we know that a big walker mech mount is coming out later this year, I'd be happy with a tricked out PVP version of that being the season 2 reward. Or I could go for a fancy bantha too.

Got it!

What about a special Radial-Emote that force (in a specific radius (30m?)) other players and companion to bow you (if on the Republic Side) or Kneel (if on the Empire side)? It could have a CD of 1h on order to avoid to be spammed.

I can figure out the crowd bowing in front of the 1st Shadow of the Galaxy and kneel in front of the Deadliest Assassin.

well considering that the strong holds are coming out i would say that pvpers should get rare exclusive stuff for that because i mean we don't use mounts in pvp .... an armor set would be cool but you guys change the looks every expansion so no point ,,,pets are cool but then its like the mount we don't use them

we are pvpers we care about bragging rights and rep so having stuff in our strong holds that make that statement is what i would love to see

Show Off Your Personal Favorites – Place your mini-pets, companions, mounts and vehicles in your Stronghold!

So why can't you use your mini-pet/mount as decoration in your stronghold as a bragging right?

Edited by theBrayn

A holo statue! I really want a holo statue of Eric Musco saying: "You healed to full and made them pay this season, good job!" :D

If anything this would made me happy :D or just this and he saying "No."

If anything this would made me happy :D or just this and he saying "No."

Yes! Give us tier 1 pvpers a holo statue of Eric Musco saying his famous "NO" plz.

Then you can put it on the cartel market a month later too!

Edited by Trixdope

Start a museum where those with the highest rankings for a given season get a statue/holo-statue (visible to anyone that wants to walk to the archives and visit memory lane).

Right by the PvP terminal on the fleet, on the railing, or perhaps floating in the midspace behind the terminal (where people sometimes suicide) there should be a holo projection (permanent) of the individual character who had the top rating in each season. Not the top of each class, not the top five, just the top ONE. After about 10 seasons there will be 10 holostatues with names, and it will liven up the fleet, and add bragging rights.

Maybe set up dueling areas on the fleets and name them after the latest champions.

This is a nice idea. Make 4 dueling areas, one for each of the base classes, and name it after the guy with the top rating. Have this name revolve each season, so a new guy gets recognition.

Emotes with waving flags and confetti.

I like this idea - a flag that indicates what advanced class you were when you reached the rating, not transferable...and only usable in your legacy (through collections maybe)

Armor shells as good as some cartel sets with augment slots already available (add to collections).

You sir are FULL of good ideas. This would be GREAT for a tier one reward. Aug'ing is expensive, and a hardcore PvP'er who just does ranked won't be as rich as a PvE'er, so won't have as much money.

Distinctive weapons.

Yes, something that seriously stands out, maybe a unique sound or effect...

i like those ideas! escpeially the statue thing near the pvp terminal

plus gimme some cool black walker mount:csw_vader:

Yea lets have a museum with holograms of all the Juggernauts and Madness Sorcs who pressed 3 buttons at 3am with their friends in yolo premade so we can remember their efforts forever.

Honestly, nobody's "name" should ever be put on a pedestal in this game considering the highest ranked players are some of the worst exploiting the system.

Edited by djcetra

Devs, can we please get a response about the issue of the "top 3" rewards? It really really needs to be PER SERVER. If that change prompts you to change it "top 1" or "top 2" per AC, I'm pretty sure everyone would be ok with that.

Devs really do not care about this thread anymore - I wrote this sentence a few pages ago. This thread already served its purpuse to spread the fake idea "devs care."