[Video] Ladispute The Super Tank - Guardian PvP

Xinika

Watchmen

Canderous Ordo

Guardian PvP

Welcome to Watchmen's first ever, Guardian Tank PvP Montage. This video is also a guide to the world of a tank's role on the battle field. Symbolizing and showcasing the importance of one. Without further delay, we introduce: Ladispute, The Super Tank!

Word-Based Guide:

http://watchmen.activeboard.com/t50144827/a-whole-guide-for-a-whole-guardian/

Video Guide:

0:21 - 0:34 - Why A Defensive Guardian?

0:35 - 0:45 - Huttballer

0:48 - 0:58 - Defensive Class Advantages

4:49 - 5:31 - Stat Priority

5:31 - 6:10 - Expertise

6:11 - 6:38 - Defense/Vigilance

Track List

Purity Ring - Lofticries

builds:

single saber mastery = a must

dust storm = important to say the least

purifing sweep = it's new, it's awesome

solidified force = unnececary imho

courage = vital for longer fights

momentum = completely unnececary as most of your fights are going to be static

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500hMGdudrdfzZcZRM.2

gear and stats

you should never go over ~26% of defense - your lunge will take care of taking it to nearly 30% which is the soft cap. you get +6% def by using Lunge.

even if you say shield only blocks white damage and absorb mitigates only the damage you shield, it's still better having 40% absorb and 40% shield with 24~26% defense than having 30% defense and 20% shield and absorb.

i could also mention each and every guardian should have biochem at level 400 and rakata stims. it's not a good advice, it's a must. (doesn't apply to credits buyers)

guess that's it, sorry but i stopped reading after i've seen your builds and stats. good effort tho.

You know his topic is stickied in these forums, right?

builds:

single saber mastery = a must

dust storm = important to say the least

purifing sweep = it's new, it's awesome

solidified force = unnececary imho

courage = vital for longer fights

momentum = completely unnececary as most of your fights are going to be static

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500hMGdudrdfzZcZRM.2

gear and stats

you should never go over ~26% of defense - your lunge will take care of taking it to nearly 30% which is the soft cap. you get +6% def by using Lunge.

even if you say shield only blocks white damage and absorb mitigates only the damage you shield, it's still better having 40% absorb and 40% shield with 24~26% defense than having 30% defense and 20% shield and absorb.

i could also mention each and every guardian should have biochem at level 400 and rakata stims. it's not a good advice, it's a must. (doesn't apply to credits buyers)

guess that's it, sorry but i stopped reading after i've seen your builds and stats. good effort tho.

lolin'

This is meh unless you only ever queue in rated and stacked premades. For solo queueing its pretty awful, you're far better off with something like a 16/25 or 11/28/2 hybrid, using DPS gear in most slots.

That said if you're lucky enough to constantly have geared Sentinels, Assault Vanguards and Scoundrel healers in your group, sure, go with it. And a Tank Shadow will still outperform you in everything but Huttball.

This is meh unless you only ever queue in rated and stacked premades. For solo queueing its pretty awful, you're far better off with something like a 16/25 or 11/28/2 hybrid, using DPS gear in most slots.

This isn't a good idea. Why would you be playing a team game for solo preference? Even if, you claim this spec isn't good for solo queing. How is that justified? Where someone with over 26k hp can easily sit and defend an entire node by themselves or stall it long enough for their team mates to help. As a matter of fact, going this 'super tank' route is arguably as more helpful as it gets.

That said if you're lucky enough to constantly have geared Sentinels, Assault Vanguards and Scoundrel healers in your group, sure, go with it. And a Tank Shadow will still outperform you in everything but Huttball.

Tank Shadow can only outperform Guardians in Node Defense. Everything else they come nowhere even close in terms of tank duty.

Edited by Xinika

Many thanks for the complete and very useful guide! :) :)

I have a question: I have been playing with the Vigilance/Defense (16/0/25) build and I've been using DPS gear, modding it to reach 30% crit and 75% surge.

The problem is with full Battlemaster Gear and 2 War Hero pieces I can't get past 16k HP and I go down pretty quickly if focused.

Should I change all my gear to pvp tank gear? ( War Leader). I am asking you this because I would love to be able to take some damage while still being able to dish out some DPS

Thanks for your answer :)

Many thanks for the complete and very useful guide! :) :)

I have a question: I have been playing with the Vigilance/Defense (16/0/25) build and I've been using DPS gear, modding it to reach 30% crit and 75% surge.

The problem is with full Battlemaster Gear and 2 War Hero pieces I can't get past 16k HP and I go down pretty quickly if focused.

Should I change all my gear to pvp tank gear? ( War Leader). I am asking you this because I would love to be able to take some damage while still being able to dish out some DPS

Thanks for your answer :)

I run a similar spec to yours. I go up vigilance to get overhead slash and force rush and commanding awe. Its more of a pvp dps build than it is control like the original poster posted. Everything depends on group cohesion. I do a lot of solo queing and find that having a bit more damage saves my butt than does a few control abilities. However, if I were running in a premade all the time I would go more control.

My gear is all battlemaster/warhero vigilance and while I am squishy I find that having a set of battlemaster defensive implants/earpiece, and warhero defensive relics helps out with huttball and defening nodes solo.

Once I finish getting my Warhero vindicator ill get the 2 pc bonus for war leader set. With my current spec the 2pc bonus from defense is massive compared to 10% bonus damage for 5 seconds from attacks from the vindicator set.

I run a similar spec to yours. I go up vigilance to get overhead slash and force rush and commanding awe. Its more of a pvp dps build than it is control like the original poster posted. Everything depends on group cohesion. I do a lot of solo queing and find that having a bit more damage saves my butt than does a few control abilities. However, if I were running in a premade all the time I would go more control.

My gear is all battlemaster/warhero vigilance and while I am squishy I find that having a set of battlemaster defensive implants/earpiece, and warhero defensive relics helps out with huttball and defening nodes solo.

Once I finish getting my Warhero vindicator ill get the 2 pc bonus for war leader set. With my current spec the 2pc bonus from defense is massive compared to 10% bonus damage for 5 seconds from attacks from the vindicator set.

When I play with other guildmates and a pocket healer I won't go down and can do some good damage, unfortunately can't say the same thing when I queue alone.

I was thinking about changing only some mods/enhancement to War Leader ones to gain some more endurance because Vindicator Gear doesn't seem to have much on it :(

Watchmen

Canderous Ordo

Guardian PvP

Welcome to Watchmen's first ever, Guardian Tank PvP Montage. This video is also a guide to the world of a tank's role on the battle field. Symbolizing and showcasing the importance of one. Without further delay, we introduce: Ladispute, The Super Tank!

Word-Based Guide:

http://watchmen.activeboard.com/t50144827/a-whole-guide-for-a-whole-guardian/

Video Guide:

0:21 - 0:34 - Why A Defensive Guardian?

0:35 - 0:45 - Huttballer

0:48 - 0:58 - Defensive Class Advantages

4:49 - 5:31 - Stat Priority

5:31 - 6:10 - Expertise

6:11 - 6:38 - Defense/Vigilance

Track List

Purity Ring - Lofticries

bump and subs