Alas, Duchess Satine

Slowpokeking

Maul was also showing anger when he started to say "And those who oppose it are more powerful than you'll ever be", why did he still continue on the background of Maul and talk about he didn't have a choice when he was little? As a Dark Sider and who worship power, mention things about when they were little and being weak is clearly going to make them angry, even if he didn't intend to he should stop when he saw Maul became angry.

Dude, he was already pissed off at him for the last twelve years. And the example you brought up is not taunting.

Dude, he was already pissed off at him for the last twelve years. And the example you brought up is not taunting.

But he was not going to kill Obi Wan at that time, he was going to lure him to the Dark Side.

It made the effect of taunting, and Obi Wan saw Maul's expression but he still continued, if it's not taunting what is?

No, he never said such thing and it's not showing he would kill her so soon if he wasn't enraged.

Think about it, Maul hates Obi Wan right? If someone was keep taunting him when he captured Obi Wan in the end of season 4 and he killed Obi Wan and the taunting guy, can we say "He's going to kill Obi Wan anyway, it does not matter."

He never "said" it directly but it was made clear to the audience that he was going to do it as soon as Maul lifted Satine with a Force chock. Also, you have no proof that Maul didn't decide to kill Satine before he was "enraged"(hell, was already enraged).

Edited by Aitix

He never "said" it directly but it was made clear to the audience that he was going to do it as soon as Maul lifted Satine with a Force chock. Also, you have no proof that Maul didn't decide to kill Satine before he was "enraged"(hell, was already enraged).

Maul also did it to Bo-Katan like this, did he kill her? He was clearly trying to torture her to make Obi Wan succumb, that's a slow process to turn a Jedi so why would he kill Satine so soon rather than use her as a tool to keep torture Obi Wan.

If he wanted to kill her right way she would be dead in seconds after being choked rather than still have words to spill out. Clearly he's torturing her rather than wanted to kill her right here.

But he was not going to kill Obi Wan at that time, he was going to lure him to the Dark Side.

In that case, he was already planning on killing Satine to make his path to the dark side complete.

It made the effect of taunting, and Obi Wan saw Maul's expression but he still continued, if it's not taunting what is?

He were taunting Maul, he would have insulted him. What Obi-Wan did wasn't insulting. If anything, it looked more like he was consoling him.

Maul also did it to Bo-Katan like this, did he kill her? He was clearly trying to torture her to make Obi Wan succumb, that's a slow process to turn a Jedi so why would he kill Satine so soon rather than use her as a tool to keep torture Obi Wan.

If he wanted to kill her right way she would be dead in seconds after being choked rather than still have words to spill out. Clearly he's torturing her rather than wanted to kill her right here.

Maul did that to Bo to shut her up. Not with Satine.

Also, he would kill Satine because her and Obi-Wan are lovers. Death of a loved one can make a person go to the dark side.

In that case, he was already planning on killing Satine to make his path to the dark side complete.

Maybe he would do it, but not that soon, so in that situation, is it good to just let him do it rather than buy some time for Bo-Katan(Satine told him) to rescue them?

He were taunting Maul, he would have insulted him. What Obi-Wan did wasn't insulting. If anything, it looked more like he was consoling him.

Maul was a Dark Sider and he thought he's powerful, he worship power. Obi Wan was keep saying "Only the weak accept the Dark Side""Those who resist Dark Side are stronger than you will ever be" "Going Dark Side is not your choice, they did it for you"

That's not insult to Maul? To him it's saying he's weak and talk about when he was little and could not even make the choice, which he surely would not want to be mentioned.

Maybe as a Jedi Obi Wan doesn't understand Sith' logic well so he wasn't trying to taunt in the beginning, but when he saw Maul's face turned angry he should know that's not going to make the situation good. His goal is not to win this argument, but try to save Satine, at least buy some time for her.

Maul did that to Bo to shut her up. Not with Satine.

Also, he would kill Satine because her and Obi-Wan are lovers. Death of a loved one can make a person go to the dark side.

He was trying to torture Satine to make Obi Wan gives himself in anger.

He might do it later, but not that quickly, do you see him mention about turn Obi Wan to Dark Side after he was enraged and killed Satine? No, he just wanted Obi Wan to rot in prison with pain. So that could show his original plan was not to kill Satine that soon.

to be honest, I was waiting so long for this moment, this pacifist scum and all of the encounters with her idiotic ideals were taking toll on my sanity. now she is dead - one can only wish that Ahsoka will join her in the next season - united in the force, how romantic.

Satine had to die. So did Savage

Maul, Ahsoka and Ventress are all on the chopping block as well

Some of these characters are interesting but they have to go progress the story into the films again

I like Cad Bane and we may see the end of him as well

Palpatine: Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Obi Wan the Inflexible?

Anakin: No.

Palpatine: I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a shameful secret. Obi Wan was a honorable Master of the Jedi, so inflexible and so resilient, he could keep his mind calm to defeat foes who are...much stronger than him. He had such a belief of the Light Side, he could even keep his discipline...in the darkest time.

Anakin: He could actually...keep his discipline even in the darkest time?

Palpatine: The light side of the Force is a pathway to many choices some consider to be stubborn.

Anakin: What happened to him?

Palpatine: He became so honorable, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his discipline...while he never did, eventually of course, he lost something more important. Unfortunately, he refused his padawan's help when his lover's life was at risk. Then he tried to defend his belief but...enraged his foe when his foe was torturing his lover. Obi Wan saw it coming but could think nothing other than keep his own discipline. Ironic. He never lose his moral...but he let his lover lost everything for his choice.

Anakin: Is it possible to avoid such tragedy, no, folly?

Palpatine: Not as a Jedi.

Edited by Slowpokeking

All I got to say is that Satine died cause she needed to. Sorry, but origional cannon has ALWAYS had a Mandalore in charge of the Mandalorians. They killed the duchess off because it created an enormous breach of Star Wars history that pissed off a lot of fans, and it also invalidated Karen Travis's Republic Commandos books (which is why she stopped writing that series).

Yes I understand that the origional poster has a strong attachment to Duchess Satine, but her prescence was such a contradictory one. I have no problem with people trying to create new storylines in Star Wars, but they cannot mess with things that were suppose to be set in stone.

All I got to say is that Satine died cause she needed to. Sorry, but origional cannon has ALWAYS had a Mandalore in charge of the Mandalorians. They killed the duchess off because it created an enormous breach of Star Wars history that pissed off a lot of fans, and it also invalidated Karen Travis's Republic Commandos books (which is why she stopped writing that series).

Yes I understand that the origional poster has a strong attachment to Duchess Satine, but her prescence was such a contradictory one. I have no problem with people trying to create new storylines in Star Wars, but they cannot mess with things that were suppose to be set in stone.

I hope your not implying that her death was shoehorned in to please some rowdy fans, because this is incorrect. This is just a realization of their awesome ability to tell stories and desire not to make some crappy story where the Mandalorians sat on Mandalore doing jack all, maybe annoying the Republic a bit, and then getting put down. That would have sucked. I much prefer this story which was obviously planned from the very beginning. Kinda funny that Karen Travis 'resigned' when the story never ended up invalidating her work. :p

I just hate the fact Obi-Wan said "I would have given up the jedi order, had you given the word" then a season later he refuses and taunts maul into butchering her.

Plot hole much?

He was obviously talking about the old days when once upon a time Obiwan was still a Padawan under Qui Gon. Since then, Obi has become a Jedi Master and has matured. Winning the Clone Wars is top priority, he couldn't just walk away from something like that.

On a side note, Obiwan as a Padawan was always ready to leave the Jedi Order for one reason or another. In a lot of ways Anakin is more mature in that regard, which is kinda funny given their personalities.

Edited by Darth__Carnal