<Deception PvP> Educate me on how to best use CC abilities

mlambros

I'm new to Deception PvP and wanted any tips from you guys on how to best combine stuns, mezzes, def. DCs, stealth etc with my rotation. I'm mainly interested in the following two situations:

a. 1 vs 1

b. Node capping

Appreciate any help!

Edited by mlambros

Alright so, In order to nodecap there are a few important points to take into consideration.

First of all, howmany people are defending the node.. and how is your stance on your chances of beating them in a fight by yourself?

If the answer is that you will die, then you should consider if it's worth the ninja attempt at all. However if you can cap the node and get help in time this is not a big issue.

Secondly, what classes are defending? Stealth? No Stealth? Additional breaking cooldowns (scorc barrier) or mid-cc usable abilities (PT/VG shoulder rocket)

In order to successfully ninja your aim is to neutralize the chances of the enemy stopping you from capping as quickly as you possebly can. There are numerous ways to do this and each class requires a different approach.

However if you know that a player without extra breakers or in-cc usables has his breaker on cooldown, the very best approach is the super direct one: Go straight for the CC cap and don't think about anything else.

Remember that your force speed allows you to move quicker than most players can.. making it posseble for you to reach objective capping points after mezzing the opponent while they will be unable to enclose the same distance in the time you're capping. The only thing that can help them at this point is either a grenade (which also has relatively short range) or any ground targeted aoe.

On any class that has a breaker availeble but nothing special besides that, you just want to get the breaker without fully filling his/her resolve. You can do this by attempting a cc cap first, which they will have to break for.

Once you have achieved that, any means to get an 8 second CC on them while instantly capping afterwards will get you the node.

I'm new to Deception PvP and wanted any tips from you guys on how to best combine stuns, mezzes, def. DCs, stealth etc with my rotation. I'm mainly interested in the following two situations:

a. 1 vs 1

b. Node capping

Appreciate any help!

I'll butt in, in the mean time XD

Everyone has a different play style, I know a really great 1vs1er who fills up resolve near the beginning of a fight and saves his cc break near the end of a fight or when his resolve bar is full (white). However everyone is different, and every situation is different as well. It comes with also knowing different classes and what they're capable of.

In 1vs1s a lot of people open with spike then proceed with maul then low slash another maul etc. The 1vs1er I mentioned above opens with mind trap (and if the person doesn't break CC), he'll then use crushing darkness then electrocute. This fills their resolve but by this point with maul he's already taken half your health. With a highly mobile class like operatives and mercs you want to put slows on them as often as you can. Low slash is also great on healers, as it not only interrupts their potential healing, but procs your maul to make them panic when they get like 8k damage suddenly.

As for node capping, mind trap certainly works best, and if they use their cc break to stop you, you can either have a friend, or you can instead pop force shroud (so as to not get interrupted) then use whirlwind. It sucks that it's not instant. This is easier on an operative with sleep dart and flash bang anyway. Also just outright killing them really fast works well too. I find that whirlwind often gets interrupted anyway, so it works best if you're at a good distance away from them. Also depending on the enemy you're fighting, they may have a means of stopping your cap, even if you have cced them (PTs and Sorcs for example).

1v1 is a bit more tricky, clutchy and luck dependant.

However, since this is a 1v1 it is OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT YOU USE YOUR ABILITIES TO COUNTER THE ENEMY'S CHOICE OF ACTION AT ALL TIMES.

You're an assassin. You're meant to lock people down and play with their minds.

If you see a sin using shroud, an excellent way to counter it is by low slashing him. Since that cannot be resisted.

On deflection you should use force abilities and if you have it, use electrocute. Since force abilities cannot be dodged or parried at all.

It's all about this cat and mouse game and whoever can do the most damage in between oppertunities. That is where the luck comes in, since any dodge/parry on your low slash or any stuns going through your shroud will almost always mean instant death. Aswell as abilities that don't crit, or do crit exceptionally often for the enemy.

Just play around your abilities and play around the enemies abilities. That is the most important thing. There is nothing you can do about RNG.