TFB threat oddity?

While fighting the last boss in TFB I noticed something strange with regard to threat in phase 2. Every single time, my healer steals threat in the beginning of this fight. This is the only time I've ever seen this happen - particularly with a single target. Our healer isn't attacking at this point, just healing.

I'm the first one in, I throw guard on the healer, drop my biggest threat attacks, then taunt over myself once my threat burst is done just for good measure - and every single time the boss targets the healer as soon as my Taunt's fixation is over. After that, it never happens again; it's only right in the beginning that the healer seems to be generating an unusually high amount of threat.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.

There are a fair amount of posts floating around that will answer your question, but long story short that will happen.

The boss has a 75% damage reduction, which means that it is quite common for the healers to pass you on the aggro table. You are correct in guarding your main tank healer during this phase, but you should also try and sync their aggro dump with your taunt as well as working in your AoE taunt for good measure. A Taunt-AoE Taunt-Taunt rotation will successfully keep you above the healers for the remaining part of the fight, which is why you only experience this at the beginning.

Ahhh that make sense. This was our first time through, so I was worried about burning both taunts since I wasn't comfortable with the timing yet. Thanks for the info and pointing out the other threads (these forums are so volatile it's tough to find things sometimes).