Crafting in 5.10 is a ridiculous joke.

DarthSealth

So you got to get materials to make a component to use that component with some other materials to make a newer component lastly use that component and some other materials (one which is super expensive) to make one item of choice.

Keyword is one, to get hold of one material which you need multiples of to make one item.

Does anyone else get this stupidity? Normally in crafting you use materials to make said component that correlates with the items you choose to craft.

This makes the RNG grindfest small in comparison, either you want people to be restricted by time and grind or you have truly lost any creativity. Guess its the latter since The Cartel Market has taken over, I'll give you an offer you can't refuse 20% discount on THE UNSTABLE LIGHTSABER.

The Peoples Republic of Mancunia agree with you Mr Cockney, its a Joke and clearly designed to keep us busy until either the Sky falls in or the next game content is released in 2020.

By which time could the last person to leave please turn out the lights on fleet.

Cheers

The Peoples Republic of Mancunia agree with you Mr Cockney, its a Joke and clearly designed to keep us busy until either the Sky falls in or the next game content is released in 2020.

By which time could the last person to leave please turn out the lights on fleet.

Cheers

Keeping players busy is one thing, Players just not bothering like me is another. Nothing should be done to such an degree it just stops players doing it. Which it has in my case. I will let others decide if that the same for them.

Keeping players busy is one thing, Players just not bothering like me is another. Nothing should be done to such an degree it just stops players doing it. Which it has in my case. I will let others decide if that the same for them.

I've really enjoyed the story permutations on Ossus, so kudos the Bioware for that.

But this gear uber-grind-fest?

N'ah, not even bothering to try and get started with it. They are yanking our chain, and they know it and clearly don't care.

I'll put all my toons through the Story then cancel my Sub, not paying to grind a triple-layered grind-fest.

All The Best

This, exactly. My character who went through Ossus is an artificer, so I bought some of the relics schematics for the heck of it. And then I looked at the recipes themselves, laughed for a few minutes at the ingredients that were required and resigned myself to the fact that these will be impossible for me to craft. Never mind the rare stuff, the 28 CMTs required for one relic made me giggle.

the 28 CMTs required for one relic made me giggle.

Did you really mean 28? as in 7x4 or 20+8...... I haven't' kept up with crafting for a bit, but 28 seems really steep,

I play a lot, maybe 15 hrs+ a week, and only managed 50 or 60 of these things during regular play sessions - since I never have hours to do ops, it's mostly PvP with a bit of PvE between pops. Seems like a long grind over the course fo many months just to earn enough for one item...... and at 1M+ each on GTN, it seems a lot of credits to spend on those mats alone.

Please clarify. I'd be interested to know.

TY

Edited by Storm-Cutter

So you got to get materials to make a component to use that component with some other materials to make a newer component lastly use that component and some other materials (one which is super expensive) to make one item of choice.

Keyword is one, to get hold of one material which you need multiples of to make one item.

Does anyone else get this stupidity? Normally in crafting you use materials to make said component that correlates with the items you choose to craft.

This makes the RNG grindfest small in comparison, either you want people to be restricted by time and grind or you have truly lost any creativity. Guess its the latter since The Cartel Market has taken over, I'll give you an offer you can't refuse 20% discount on THE UNSTABLE LIGHTSABER.

Cheers

The Democratic Republic of East Anglia agrees with both Mr Cockney and the People's Republic of Mancunia. We thought 5.10 crafting was going to be hell, we hoped it wouldn't be but discovered it is. It's unworkable - I suspect Theresa May had a hand in it ;) I think I will skip 5.10 crafting and hope they give us something a little more workable (and realistic) in 6.0.

and hope they give us something a little more workable (and realistic) in 6.0.

There's more chance of those cretins in the EU giving us the Brexit we want so I wouldn't hold you're breath.

Seriously I must be the only one that enjoyed the 248 gearing system, as a casual (Everquest is my main poison) this at least meant I could actually achieve decent gear in a reasonable time period.

I had my main fully geared without ever sniffing the shuttle for an Op, let alone a crafting system as daft as this.

Everquest has a seriously long *** crafting system but this one takes the custard cream.

I will do it because I refuse to be beaten but as I am no spring chicken (50+) I may well have retired before its complete...………. wait a minute i realise now this system is actually aimed at the retired or unemployed, they would have the time to do it! looking to start the Geriatric Crafters Guild... pst.

Be safe

There's more chance of those cretins in the EU giving us the Brexit we want so I wouldn't hold you're breath.

Seriously I must be the only one that enjoyed the 248 gearing system, as a casual (Everquest is my main poison) this at least meant I could actually achieve decent gear in a reasonable time period.

I had my main fully geared without ever sniffing the shuttle for an Op, let alone a crafting system as daft as this.

Everquest has a seriously long *** crafting system but this one takes the custard cream.

I will do it because I refuse to be beaten but as I am no spring chicken (50+) I may well have retired before its complete...………. wait a minute i realise now this system is actually aimed at the retired or unemployed, they would have the time to do it! looking to start the Geriatric Crafters Guild... pst.

Be safe

I agree that once I'd worked out the best way to do it, as a casual it wasn't too much hell to gear my main to 248, however, I actually did retire before getting any of my several dozen alts to the same level! A Geriatric Crafters Guild may not cut it for me; I shall be probably needing a back-from-the-dead-ghost guild :D If not, do nursing homes have good broadband?

The only things I craft are dyes and lightsaber crystals (because I like doing that), and for conquest, the cheapest trash I can craft, which I then reverse engineer and craft again (for the Inventor conquest task).

Nothing else in SWTOR is worth the time and trouble to craft, in my opinion.

Edited by InfamousDolphin

I absolutely detest crafting systems that are too "steppy".

I'll grind or hunt for components to make something.

I will not grind for components to make components to make things to craft one thing.

I know they want the items to be rare and valuable, but this isn't the right way to do it.

If I wanted a game with an economic money-making grind, I'd go play EVE Online.

Edited by Xina_LA

Did you really mean 28? as in 7x4 or 20+8...... I haven't' kept up with crafting for a bit, but 28 seems really steep,

I play a lot, maybe 15 hrs+ a week, and only managed 50 or 60 of these things during regular play sessions - since I never have hours to do ops, it's mostly PvP with a bit of PvE between pops. Seems like a long grind over the course fo many months just to earn enough for one item...... and at 1M+ each on GTN, it seems a lot of credits to spend on those mats alone.

Please clarify. I'd be interested to know.

TY

28. I wish I'd misread it. I went back and took a screenshot of the recipe. For all four of the relics I got schematics for, it's exactly the same. The Ossus component mentioned requires 2 Refined Isotopes but has more common material otherwise.

https://imgur.com/a/8YjPI2h

28. I wish I'd misread it. I went back and took a screenshot of the recipe. For all four of the relics I got schematics for, it's exactly the same. The Ossus component mentioned requires 2 Refined Isotopes but has more common material otherwise.

No lie, when I looked at that screenshot, my first thought was "Go home EA, you're drunk."

My second thought was a more recent meme: "Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?"

Edited by AscendingSky

Honestly I heard it was bad from all the test server players but I regressed in slating them in the option that it could be high then they would lower it instead of the opposite of the cost being too low then increasing it.

Two options lower the initial material cost or increase the possibility to earn the material in all gameplay..

Whilst removing the first Superior component to make the Ossus component.

I guess Chief Keith is the new reformed Ben Irving.

I say I agree, it would be nice to actually be able to buy the stuff to craft the gear, even if it was insanely expensive. The other thing I really dislike is that Armstech, already the worst crafting tree, gets absolutely no love and we're told we have to wait for the main-hand patch in the future. It's not like Artifice where you at least have relics to craft. It has me contemplating if I should just take it off my main because I spend so much time on alts I would rather not be on because there isn't really anything to craft on my main and I prefer to multitask if I can. Maybe allow us to craft the forgotten items? IDC if it costs 100 Ossan Assembly Components and has an insane cool down; just please give us something! Edited by Sebastianne

I say I agree, it would be nice to actually be able to buy the stuff to craft the gear, even if it was insanely expensive. The other thing I really dislike is that Armstech, already the worst crafting tree, gets absolutely no love and we're told we have to wait for the main-hand patch in the future. It's not like Artifice where you at least have relics to craft. It has me contemplating if I should just take it off my main because I spend so much time on alts I would rather not be on because there isn't really anything to craft on my main and I prefer to multitask if I can. Maybe allow us to craft the forgotten items? IDC if it costs 100 Ossan Assembly Components and has an insane cool down ; just please give us something!

Totally agree, I think they should make the mats buyable with command tokens since they're useless nowadays.

Its exciting, right?

All The Best

Spudscy I guess we all have to vote with our wallets again. I only resubbed to checkout this content and that left a pretty bad taste in my mouth let alone the rest all I thought was 2yrs for this and it wasn't larger than SOR prelude.

Personally wasting £19 and whatever else I spend on CM is pointless I may aswell do what I've been doing not spending any money on this game and spend that money on buying a new game every month to play.

So for price comparison sake... CMTs are going for about 1.3 mill as of last night. You need two to make an augment and 46s are going for about 3.3 mill. Not a huge profit there unless it's a crit. Didn't catch the 48's prices. But you need 28 to make just one relic? FFS. The price of that relic will be ri-damn-diculous. I'll be fine in the 252s from weeklies me thinks.