Game Update 1.2: Legacy is on the Public Test Sever!

CourtneyWoods

Game Update 1.2 for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be released for public download soon! Entitled Legacy, this latest update to the game will allow players to experience brand new in-game content, including a new Flashpoint, a new PvP Warzone and a new Operation. All of this new content is now live on the Public Test Server so if you’re currently a player, we encourage you to check it out and give us your feedback! Be sure to visit the Star Wars: The Old Republic Test Center to learn more, and you can also take a look at many of the new features coming in Game Update 1.2 in our New Features video.

Read More

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BioWare should really start giving us the Patch notes prior to the actual patch day so we can prepare ourselves what is to come.... it's annoying to get a vague video that tells us nothing specific about class balancing, how about we feed the actual notes into an ongoing post like Camelotherald does for DAoC .... im just saying you're wasting your time and you're wasting your players, more and more players drops every day because they dont know if you're about to salvage the sinking ship or whether you are just going to let the game crash and burn....more info ....PRIOR to the release of a patch thx

I believe those are opponents from the new content.

That's what I thought too, but one of them's purple! I have yet to see a purple Trandoshan NPC. I will not lose hope. I will have my Jedi velociraptor one day.

BioWare should really start giving us the Patch notes prior to the actual patch day so we can prepare ourselves what is to come.... it's annoying to get a vague video that tells us nothing specific about class balancing, how about we feed the actual notes into an ongoing post like Camelotherald does for DAoC .... im just saying you're wasting your time and you're wasting your players, more and more players drops every day because they dont know if you're about to salvage the sinking ship or whether you are just going to let the game crash and burn....more info ....PRIOR to the release of a patch thx
Where's Picard when I need him.

Sinking Ship? crash and burn? This a joke right? They post notes on a huge game update and this guy...get this... complains they didnt do it like DAoc?...... /slitwrist

That's what I thought too, but one of them's purple! I have yet to see a purple Trandoshan NPC. I will not lose hope. I will have my Jedi velociraptor one day.

Purple Trandoshan doesn't mean he's a playable. It that section of the post they are talking about raids and i'm 100% sure that that it's a picture with a pack of mobs from that raid. Don't get your hopes high and get overexcited.

IMO it would suck tho have a nonhuman character in this game where every characters are VO, to only hear him talk like grrrl, gnarrrl, snarrrrll, and to only get what his talking about from the subtitles. For an NPC that works but not for a playable character.

That's why they only made human like PC's.

UPDATE:

100% sure now those are NPC's

here is a quote from the patch notes of the 1.2 patch.

Explosive Conflict, a new Operation, is available for play! The Trandoshan mercenary warlord Kephess has seized the planet Denova, a world rich in resources valuable to the war effort. Players must assault his war camp, situated atop a mountain in densely-wooded terrain, fighting Imperial defectors and heavy war machines along the way. 8- and 16-player Story and Hard Modes are currently available for this Operation.

Edited by Sebah

A month too late - subscription expires tomorrow. If these changes were made in March instead of April - most likely I'd subscribe for +2 months. See you in F2P SWTOR! Or in D3 or GW2. Edited by Pashgan

Well I for one am looking forward to the new pvp zone and the new legacy armors. The Legacy stuff is an interesting idea, but most of us are beyond using out companions except for our dailies, so the family tree stuff is a moot point unless we happen to working on an alt.

Im just wondering how many people you have migrated to the test server who are going to test the legacy system, seems a bit odd that the only people being migrated are people who will do operations aka guilds.

Anyone else on the ptr who isnt testing with there guild has to level to lvl 30ish to unlock chapter one and then start grinding legacy lvls with no illusions to the fact that people starting at lvl 1 will have little to no chance to test the legacy system for you to the degree that it should be tested to for all the multiple differences in how the system works and how it will impact upon pve and open world pvp balance when companions are in effect.

A month too late - subscription expires tomorrow. If these changes were made in March instead of April - most likely I'd subscribe for +2 months. See you in F2P SWTOR! Or in D3 or GW2.

i agree i could not say it any better. This update for bioware better work out or a lot of people will leave and go some where else.

I for one really not excited about all of this crap like the pvp garbage being forced on us whether or not you do it or not world

How i see it is if it is not worth my while i will go back to sto,Guild wars,or even War of angels i really see no reason to pay 15 a month for just pvp garbage i dont do.

First of all they should have added a better crafting system and better space battles. Im not looking forward to it

CANT WAIT !!!! :D soooooo ready for this patch note to take everyone by surprise and show everyone why they should stay

Good luck to you with your patch and all. im not getting my hopes up. It looks more like a pvp garbage pack than a true update. I hope Bioware wakes up soon and sees that they are slowly loosing players.

I really think this update could have added better crafting where each of your companions could have did armor and the second companion could have did weapons. Space could have been improved as well like in sto or swg.

But who am i kidding bioware is just killing off a game that could be great and also forcing every one to join a group do pvp whether or not you do them or not. this pure B.S and like i said if it happens then say good night Bioware for it will die just like galaxies did

Good luck to you with your patch and all. im not getting my hopes up. It looks more like a pvp garbage pack than a true update. I hope Bioware wakes up soon and sees that they are slowly loosing players.

I really think this update could have added better crafting where each of your companions could have did armor and the second companion could have did weapons. Space could have been improved as well like in sto or swg.

But who am i kidding bioware is just killing off a game that could be great and also forcing every one to join a group do pvp whether or not you do them or not. this pure B.S and like i said if it happens then say good night Bioware for it will die just like galaxies did

How is legacy, UI custom, Operation and a flashpoint pvp stuff ?, Also your not asking for a crafting update with what you just said, your asking tobe able todo everything on one char, a char can only have one crafting prof so how in the name of marychain and jesus roses do you expect to ever be able to craft a peice of armour on one companion and weapons on another companion.

Edited by Shingara

@Baxterwolfe

I'm not sure about you but I have not yet seen such an active and enthusiastic MMO Dev-Team anywhere else. The game release was at the end of December just a few months ago and there was already a content update with the second one incoming. I am not satisfied with the crafting system either (even after the changes in 1.2) and hope, that they will improve that a bit more too, needs some fine tuning not just new schematics :D . Same with space battles. Part of the space battles are just hard mode versions of the low lvl battles and look almost exactly the same ^^.

But on the other hand there are new mounts, pets, at least SOME changes to the crafting system, and the guild bank coming which are quite important gimmicks and features for me.

I do not say that I am satisfied with the situation as it is right now, but I can see that they're working and trying hard to improve it and I'm looking forward to see the "long" awaited crafting and space battle updates in the future (maybe 1.3!! :D).

Hopefully guys like yourself and Pashgan will then return to the game (with 1.3).

Until then: Cya ^^

@PTS Patchnotes (http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes)

The Korrealis Commander and Korrealis Baron landspeeders have been removed from vendors.

Uhm..does that mean, the PvP-Speeder stays in the game after 1.2 launch?

I know PTS-Patchnotes change and are not final.. but tell me, tell me, tell me! :eek:

Edited by Patros