Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something is Up at BW Austin....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Something is Up at BW Austin....

vingmotor
Yesterday , 02:51 AM | #21
oh comeon just drop anthem allready? 2 flops ...really?
wish i could get that job but im living outside us atm.

ceryxp
Yesterday , 04:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Please name the source for two major expansions this year
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
What?!? Two expansions in one this year? What makes you even think that?
Firstly, lukeisjedi never claimed 'major' that was KendraP. Second, while lukeisjedi is wrong in the naming convention, by calling them expansions, the source for two 'expansions' (which are just updates) this year are the devs themselves. During the last stream and in the post-stream follow-up it was stated that they merged update 6.2, which would have been the conclusion to Kira's, Scourge's, and Satele's Weekend at Tenebrae's, with update 6.3, which would have been a new story focused flashpoint involving Mandalorians. This combined 6.2 update will come later in the year, and their own wording during the stream was that we would be getting two story updates in one.

True, an update is not an expansion. An expansion would be an integer increase from 6.x to 7.x; something we are not likely to see until next year at the absolute earliest. So lukeisjedi is wrong for calling them expansions, but not wrong about us getting two story updates this year in the form of a merged 6.2 update (allegedly since it has not actually happened yet, but that is the plan).

Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
  • 6.2 - Holidays this year. We had initially wanted to get 6.2 out at the end of the summer, but the team decided that in order to deliver the true vision we want players to experience, releasing it around the holidays would be best.

6.2 - Echoes of Vengeance
  • Two story updates in one!
  • Continuation of Kira/Scourge/Satele storyline
    • Locate the missing ship and uncover the truth of its disappearance
  • New Flashpoint
    • Face new enemies and old as conflict erupts among the Mandalorians.
  • Showed off a few screenshots/concept for the new story content.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

VanderII
Yesterday , 05:38 AM | #23
A SWTOR 2 project?
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

JediQuaker
Yesterday , 07:54 AM | #24
As I pointed out on Discord, the job opening could just be to replace a current employee who left, or is leaving, for whatever reason. It doesn't necessarily indicate any 'expansion' to the work force.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Storm-Cutter
Yesterday , 10:31 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
oh new story you say. Like the entire what, hour and a half we got nearly a year ago that was dubbed a major expansion?
Hey! don't knock it! That's about 19 seconds a day of fresh new content.* - Probably not even as long as it takes to boot the computer and load the game and then log off.

*providing you don't use rocket-boots to spin through the inside areas, spacebar through the cutscenes, use stealth to bypass encounters and put your comp on DPS to tear down the mobs at double rate. And play through one faction and take it as read the other is pretty much the same all over again.

ohh! I'm sounding a bit like SteveTheCynic - bless him!
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

KendraP
Yesterday , 11:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Hey! don't knock it! That's about 19 seconds a day of fresh new content.* - Probably not even as long as it takes to boot the computer and load the game and then log off.

*providing you don't use rocket-boots to spin through the inside areas, spacebar through the cutscenes, use stealth to bypass encounters and put your comp on DPS to tear down the mobs at double rate. And play through one faction and take it as read the other is pretty much the same all over again.

ohh! I'm sounding a bit like SteveTheCynic - bless him!
And oh my goodness we're getting a whole two minor updates with snippets that might be a whole 20 minutes long in them too! Isn't that just absolutely amazing! (/sarcasm)