Leaving SWTOR

josephxp

Welll BW you pissed off this subscriber for the last time. I need more then 2 hands to count all of the times you pissed not just me but other vets off.

1. Gear changes in 5.0, this was my breaking point, you implement an RNG system that even if someone hit max rank of 300 it doesn't mean they will be fully equipped with max tier gear. Also you decide to bring back operations token drops for gear BUT add RNG to it so that all bosses (except final boss) has a small chance to drop a piece of gear. HELL NO. Make it so that bosses are 100% guaranteed to drop a piece of gear.

2. No new operations, even though i didn't really start heavily doing operations till 4.0 it sucks that there have been no new operations. Uprisings are pathetic, to easy, easier then flashpoints yet they give more CXP then flashpoints. Not to mention they are just reskins, sure they are meh the first few times but seriously is it that hard to ask for 1 new operation each patch?

3. Ignoring the player base, i mean common everyone said RNG will be a bad idea, you implement it, many leave, you try to make RNG easier with token drops, but add RNG on top of it. Not to mention when we keep asking for at least 1 new operation its not that hard to make 1 new 8-player/16-player group content each new X.0 patch.

These are just a few of the reasons why i and so many others are PO'ed. But hey give us 1 new operation and guaranteed ops gear drop from bosses many of us will come back. I know i will come back once you make the gear drop from ops bosses 100%. Till then im out of hear.

Also my $15 is going straight to your MMO competitor WoW from Blizzard so not only are you losing profits but those profits are also going to a competitor. You may want to think about that and actually listen to your vet players or the hemorrhaging will continue till your high and dry.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR just copied WoW's RNG gear system, and even looks like they added Legendaries, and class balance is at an all time low. I left Legion for the very same reasons you mentioned in the OP, and to play through the KotET story.

The only reason I'm still subbed to this game is because I thought I only bought a month but apparently they slipped a recurring plan in on me.

SWTOR just copied WoW's RNG gear system, and even looks like they added Legendaries, and class balance is at an all time low. I left Legion for the very same reasons you mentioned in the OP, and to play through the KotET story.

The only reason I'm still subbed to this game is because I thought I only bought a month but apparently they slipped a recurring plan in on me.

I'm only going to WoW because its a direct competitor and im giving them my money instead of SWTOR, that is till i find a better MMO. Best to hurt them in the pockets.

Unistalled and working off of old cookies so I can post. Your not alone. There is a horde of players who did and are doing the same thing.

I cant with a clear conscience give these people money. Even 5 cents would be an injustice.

Edited by MadCuzBad

What a coincidence! My husband and I just today let our WoW subs lapse and came back to SWTOR!

You're going to find pretty much everything you complained about over there, too, just so you know. But good luck anyway! Sometimes just the change of scenery is all you need to feel better, even if the issues with the two games are largely the same (which is why we're excited to be back here even though we don't at all doubt your post).

What a coincidence! My husband and I just today let our WoW subs lapse and came back to SWTOR!

You're going to find pretty much everything you complained about over there, too, just so you know. But good luck anyway! Sometimes just the change of scenery is all you need to feel better, even if the issues with the two games are largely the same (which is why we're excited to be back here even though we don't at all doubt your post).

The difference is that WoW at least has new non-recycled content, which at least gives something fresh to work on. As for SWtoR, heh, no new meaningful content in 2 years.

Edited by Dewlmenow

I'm only going to WoW because its a direct competitor and im giving them my money instead of SWTOR, that is till i find a better MMO. Best to hurt them in the pockets.

Um, quite possibly the oddest reason I have ever heard of to subscribe to a service. You do realize that SWtoR would be 'hurt' just as bad with a simple cancellation, right?

Um, quite possibly the oddest reason I have ever heard of to subscribe to a service. You do realize that SWtoR would be 'hurt' just as bad with a simple cancellation, right?

Well, assuming he's not a social "mushroom" in WoW, then he could tell people over there --in-game, on forums, and in whatever out-of-game community/-ies he frequents to stay far the **** away from this glorified mobile game.

So it's at least a theoretical possibility. Enough people, doing enough of this, could well hurt quite a bit. Word-of-mouth does matter, especially in the Internet Age.

(One idea I intend to make some use of after 26/01/17...Additionally, not least of all because BioWare Montreal division has a virulent racist working on Mass Effect: Andromeda, and because it looks like you won't be able to escape that God-awful multiplayer and cash-shop the way you could in ME3....But I'm digressing, except to emphasize that this company does not deserve, nor will get, a penny from me ever again.)

Edited by midianlord

This should be in the off-topic forum.

Wait till Tuesday, it probably will be.

Along with all the other threads that dare to breathe a word against the Church of Exciting RNG.

(Formerly: The Church of BioWare Positivity. But at least people aren't getting banned for criticising/pointing out blatantly obvious problems this time around. Yet.)

Fake-edit:

The Church is dead! Long live the Church!

Edited by midianlord

OP:

From someone who has played this game since launch and started playing WoW with Legion, I think you'll have a blast with WoW.

Don't worry about the gearing system being the same. While there are tons of similarities without a doubt, WoW offers a lot more detail and you can easily get all the gear you'll need for mythic dungeons and raiding. My advice coming from this game to WoW is to be patient, it may take a little time to adjust, figure out what class you want, and to navigate the content. It is not a perfect game, not by far, but with the right group of folks it is a lot of fun.

If you are looking for a guild myself and a few players I know just started a new guild with a PVE casual focus on the Whisperwind server. Just message me here if you'd like the info.

Best of luck to you and sorry to see you leave SWTOR

Do you know how many subscribers SWTOR has? Do you think they're going to notice 1 less? Why do you think you're decision to quit is so profound a thread had to be created?

They have so many subs they had to have two emergency streams and a rework of their glorious system to try and keep the 'make them sub longer' grind while trying to patch the rapid number of subscribers lost...but by all means, live in a fantasy world where there are subs aplenty. It will totally keep the servers running on unicorn dust and rainbows.

:t_angel:

Do you know how many subscribers SWTOR has? Do you think they're going to notice 1 less? Why do you think you're decision to quit is so profound a thread had to be created?

The problem is that it is not 1 less but hordes of people doing exactly what this guy is. You would have a point if you responded 3 months ago like you did. But right now 30 days into this mess bioware made with all the guilds closing and the masses of people leaving this game your response was actually pretty moronic.

I returned this month after a 4 year break and enjoyed the story. After the story it was the same thing and even worse why I left before. Do the same thing over and over and over again to grind points. Screw that, it's boring!

Maybe I'll come back in another 4 years to see if a new story came out to play if the game last that much longer.

The only reason SWTOR lasted this long is because it's a Star Wars theme and everyone here loves Star Wars.

If this was another fantasy MMO, it would be dead by now.

I returned this month after a 4 year break and enjoyed the story. After the story it was the same thing and even worse why I left before. Do the same thing over and over and over again to grind points. Screw that, it's boring!

Maybe I'll come back in another 4 years to see if a new story came out to play if the game last that much longer.

The only reason SWTOR lasted this long is because it's a Star Wars theme and everyone here loves Star Wars.

If this was another fantasy MMO, it would be dead by now.

Assuming you can come back in 4 years of course...

Yes it is Star Wars and we get lightsabers. SWTOR is sci fi based and not fantasy like pretty much every other MMO.

What pisses me off is how the game has always been so alt friendly and Bioware even encouraged us to make alts, but now I am forced to properly gear up only one character because of time restraints. I was going to quit, but I decided to just go the distance with only one character. I am bitter over it though, it is very hard pill to swallow.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Yes it is Star Wars and we get lightsabers. SWTOR is sci fi based and not fantasy like pretty much every other MMO.

Well, the original Star Wars did have its fantasy elements : Swords and (some kind of) magic ... Read "Splinter of the mind's eye" if you want to encounter a sort of Star Wars which might have been there, if the fantasy element had been more developed -> Kaiburr Crystal.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaiburr_crystal

Section "Behind the scenes".

I even hold the opinion that a lot of the originally envisioned Star Wars was destroyed when book authors tried to push it more & more into the Sci-Fi genre.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Sadly I don't think the development team care.

They made the choice to wait until after the holiday season to attempt even the most basic fixes to the system, despite being told from the offset that it wouldn't work.

One might even start thinking that the development team want people to leave, given the licence EA may want a new Star Wars MMO and some marketing people have told them that market can't support two Star Wars MMO's. And in fairness for everyone that plays this because it is Star Wars, they may likely find that should this no longer be the only choice then the actual game play isn't sufficient to make this the preferred choice. So the marketing people could well be right.

Good luck to you, although I daresay "it's a trap". :D

I was just on the RIFT forums this morning as that is the game I've been most recently playing before checking out SWTOR and let me just confirm - "the hate flows strong". The forums make it appear that the player base strongly feels ignored and disregarded by Trion and everyone for the most part despises RNG (ref: lockboxes).

That being said, many of the players that went to RIFT just a few years ago arrived from WOW with tales of hate for Blizzard and it's own disregard for it's player base (and mumblings about having nightmares about pandas or something).

Players who have been around the mmo and rpg gaming scene for years have seen many more examples of this. It appears to be all very cyclical. No matter what game and what developer - there are times of feast AND times of famine for every single game. No game is immune.

Find a game (this one, the next one, or several at the same time) that overall you enjoy and play on.

PS. Also, a certain amount of grains of salt has to be taken with every game's community forums...