Why I'm disappointed about early access

Somewherehiding

I don't mind the first come first serve idea, I think it's genius. It solves many launch problems new MMORPG games usually have. What I do have an issue with, is that EA Origin charged me extra for the pre order. The game should NOT have come with this fee, unless we got compensated for it.

Early access should be a reward for those who put their trust in the developers by buying the game before actually knowing if it's any good. If the game had cost the same for everyone, pre ordered or not, then I wouldn't have been bothered with the first come first serve principle. What pisses me off, is that I feel cheated, knowing that I paid more then those who didn't pre order, and all I got for it was a a few hours extra of game time, and a color stone.

If it was easier, I'd ask for a refund. I'd order it in 4 days and save myself for the pre order fee, but it's EA support so I'm not even going to bother.

yeah cause its not fair or anything when they dont tell you your pre order date will get you in early until after half a million people already pre ordered.

u know the staggering isnt even helping? theres no point. they are just being idiots about it.

people are waiting 3+ hours just to get 5 fps. thats GENIUS!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but the fee you paid is just a down payment on the game to stop people from canceling their pre order willy nilly. The fee is going to be credited to the purchase price. So in effect you wont pay more then anyone else that buys it after release. You just paid a bit of the price sooner.

I'm pretty sure you don't actually end up paying more to pre-order. They'll either subtract the pre-order fee from the final price or refund that pre-order fee after they ship. It's just a marker to show that you're at least marginally serious about buying the software.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but the fee you paid is just a down payment on the game to stop people from canceling their pre order willy nilly. The fee is going to be credited to the purchase price. So in effect you wont pay more then anyone else that buys it after release. You just paid a bit of the price sooner.

That is correct. So everyone who thinks that they paid more are misguided.

It's called the: 'I need to have it now tax'.

You pay it on:

vehicles,

electronics,

food

Do you buy the 2011 model Mustang or get a used version at almost 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 price?

It's no different. Besides are you willing to wait 4 months in an mmo before box sales go down? MMO releases are pop culture phenomenons. Think of it as your ticket to fun.

Edit: And I completely misinterpreted the context .... The $5 is a down payment, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Orangerascal

That is correct. So everyone who thinks that they paid more are misguided.

they did pay more, they paid the cost of not having that money for X months, though unless you are an awesome investor or something, that amount is probably less than 5 cents

You know if every one was let in at the same time all the servere would go nuclear? Plus have you ever try to kill mobs with 100 other people trying to kill the sameone.. your mad cause you had to wait go away and please don't play we don't need you..

Origin wont charge you more, the $5 is deducted from your game purchase. I loaded Origin up right now and added SWTOR to my cart. It shows me buying TWO things. The pre-order fee for $5 and SWTOR for $54.99. Remember, the game is actually worth $59.99!

yeah cause its not fair or anything when they dont tell you your pre order date will get you in early until after half a million people already pre ordered.

u know the staggering isnt even helping? theres no point. they are just being idiots about it.

people are waiting 3+ hours just to get 5 fps. thats GENIUS!

So. Much. Ignorance. It. Hurts. My. Head.

Edited by PaintOnASign

Yeah... you don't get charged extra for pre-ordering. You put a $5 down payment on the game.

So... reality fail.

erm, I went to pre-order the game from EA themselves for a digital download, and the £5 pre order was added on top of my original order, so im getting a mixed signals here.

39.99+5=44.99

Which is what my Total for the order said it was going to be?

You know if every one was let in at the same time all the servere would go nuclear? Plus have you ever try to kill mobs with 100 other people trying to kill the sameone.. your mad cause you had to wait go away and please don't play we don't need you..

Don't need people like you either who are focused on the c00l b0y saying "we don't need you"

guess what bud, we don't need people like you here, either nor want people like you.

Edited by kinkaito