Healer Request Compilation

RuQu

I requested that this thread have its sticky removed, as I am no longer maintaining it. The goal was to consolidate some feedback for the Dev Team, at a time when we thought such feedback might prove useful, which has since been proven naive.

Purpose

The Purpose of this thread is to consolidate a list of things the Healer Community would like to see, as a one-stop shop for Developers getting feedback from the healing community.

I will maintain the Original Post with updates as I come across them in other threads or as they get posted in this topic. Obviously, if you want to see your suggestion included, posting here is the greatest chance of me seeing it.

Requests will be added independent of my opinion, and only removed if they are addressed by the Devs or my opinion of the community's response suggests the request would be highly unpopular if implemented. I'm not running a poll for every change. If those against it make a good case I'll make the call and attempt objectivity.

I reserve the right to consolidate similar ideas. If you make a suggestion and don't see it added in a reasonable time frame, and don't think it falls under any suggestion already on the list, speak up and we can discuss it.

Please read the list before adding your own suggestions.

No requests for nerfs to other classes will be added

Color Coding

Addressed in Patch Notes

Responded to by a Dev / BW Rep

Explicitly shot down by a Dev / BW Rep

Categories

• General
  • UI Changes
  • Aesthetics
  • Commando/Mercenary
  • Sage/Sorcerer
  • Scoundrel/Operative
  • PvP Specific (all)
  • Items

General

• Dev Feedback: What is the design philosophy for the healer classes? What was the rotation the class designers had in mind? Scoundrels/Operatives in particular want to know what was/is intended for their class and what the future design plans are.

• Address the problem of Alacrity making spells more expensive (by increasing the Effective Cost, Cost - regen*castTime). Currently, Alacrity negatively effects resource levels, when it should be neutral.
    • This can be easily accomplished without affecting regen or causing stacking to break regen mechanics by scaling the resource costs:
    • Actual_Ammo_Cost = Base_Ammo - regen*(delta_cast_time)

[*]Alacrity should reduce GCD.

[*]Adjust itemization on high end gear to reflect stats desired by that class/AC.

• Put a vendor on the Fleets where you can buy mods/enhancements with desirable stats by trading in the unwanted mods that come in raid gear. This would also decrease people wanting to roll on gear from other classes that has better mods.

[*]Remove animation delays. Cinematic animations are cool, but they get a lot less cool when someone dies waiting for an "instant" ability to stop animating. Separate the effect from the animation.

[*]BUG?: Sometimes an ability with a cast time will display as cast complete to the player (cast bar goes away). Then the player moves, thinking it is safe to do so, and the ability never lands, as if it had been canceled. It is possibly a latency issue in that the client says it is complete, server says it isn't, then the player moves while the server thinks you are still casting and cancels it.

UI Changes

• Target of target functionality(Coming in Patch 1.2)
  • Display of who your target is targeting.(Coming in Patch 1.2)
  • Display of CC time remaining, independent of target and focus target.
  • Raid UI improvements. I need to see when someone needs a dispell.
  • Personal UI improvements. I need to see when my temporary buffs and procs happen
  • Obvious proc animations. Visual animations are needed, not just audible cues like the Smuggler giggle when UH procs. Some players play without sound on. Some are deaf.
  • Separate MT and OT frames, and/or symbols on the raid frame.
  • Enabled raid frames while not grouped
  • Raid and Party frames for companions
  • Mouse-over healing functionality
  • Ability to target all Ops members via keybind
  • Ability to keybind any key. Currently many keys, such as ` and ~, the key to the left of 1, are not available for binding.
  • Larger Buff/Debuff icons with the time remaining displayed in numbers on the icon. Dispellable debuffs should provide a visible indication, such as changing the raid frame border color for that person.
  • A means of cusomizing the Raid Frames such that certain events change a players frame (e.g. Dispellable Debuff Present - Frame is Orange; HoT is present - Frame is Green with an hourglass countdown)
  • Option to disable auto-self-cast. Desired functionality: press key, click target in raid-frame, heal casts.
  • AoE targeting circles should scale to the radius of the ability.
  • Change the color of the Ammo/Energy bar based on the regen zone.
  • Sort party display in proper F-key order. Player at top, F2 target second, etc.
  • Bind-able hotkey for Group/Operation member with lowest health.
  • Option for players to receive an out of range error message when they are out of range of friendly abilities targeted on them by Operation/Group members.
  • DR mechanic tooltips should show how much damage they have left (ie Force Armor)
  • Focus targets should not clear when entering cut scenes and load screens.
  • Add functionality that displays incoming heals on a players health bar. ie, if they are at 50%, and a heal is coming to take them to 75%, make the 50-75% regen semi-transparent red instead of full red, so healers can coordinate and not double heal.

Aesthetics

• Kolto Bomb looks like a giant green fart, and is quite unpopular. Suggestions:
    • See the Kolto Charge suggestion in the Commando section.
    • Same mechanic, make the animation a green version of the Vanguard Fire Pulse.

[*]Flashier animation for Underworld Medicine. Suggestions:

• Load a Kolto Injection Round into the Scattergun, flip it around and fire it with a flourish.

Commando/Mercenary

• AoE Healing:

• Improve Kolto Bomb to allow equal AoE healing in flash points. Increase limit to 4, increase or remove radius.
    • Remove player limit. Keep radius. (Addressed here, increasing players healed in 1.2. No mention of how many.)
    • Allow Hammer Shot to chain to players with Kolto Residue.
    • Change Kolto Bomb to Kolto Charge, using the same mechanic as Concussion Charge, radiating out from the caster as a green explosion. Radius would need to be increased/removed.

[*]Allow some means of improving regen with stats. Currently Diagnostic Scan for Scoundrel/Operatives scales with Critical Rating (energy return on crit) and Alacrity (because it is channeled). Commandos lack any means of increasing regen. Alacrity interaction with CSC charges requires stacking large amounts of Alacrity at a huge Opportunity Cost of better stats. Possible, non-exclusive, suggestions:

• Allow HS crits to provide a small buff to Ammo regen, or return a small fixed Ammo amount on HS crit.

• Give any heal crit a chance to return some small amount of Ammo, or a brief Ammo regen % buff.

• Return some small amount of Ammo when a TP charge is consumed. Note that this still does not scale with gear.

[*]In-combat Resurrect

Alternatively, give Commandos/Mercs an ability that prevents death. Applies a short duration single charge buff that gets consumed if damage taken would have reduced the player's health below zero, instantly returning that player to 10-15% health. 2 minute cooldown since it requires more skill and effort to predict someone is about to die and prevent it than to resurrect a player who is already dead.

(March 5, 2012 Guild Summit: "Never say never. Short-term? No."

[*]Merc. Specific: Swap the names on Healing Scan (1.5s cast, 9s cooldown) and Rapid Scan (2s cast, no cooldown). Clearly the "rapid" ability should be the faster of the two.

[*]Balance the resource mechanics. These are the only "mirror" classes with different resources, and the result is not minor. See further analysis here.

[*]Address the issues of Alacrity interaction with our resources, specifically the greater negative effect it has on Troopers due to the different regen window sizes and the (affects everyone) reduction in scaling as alacrity increases. Analysis, same link as previous point.

[*]Add a faster, weaker, less efficient spammable heal, such as Benevolence for Sages, for times when faster smaller heals are needed and all of our large heals are overkill.

Sage/Sorcerer

• Skill tree lacks interesting decisions.
  • The +hit on Clairvoyance / Penetrating Darkness is useless to the class, especially near the top of the healer tree, and should be replaced with some useful upgrade.
  • It's been reported that some groups are stacking Sages/Sorcs because they can ignore fight aoe damage mechanics (ie Gharj's Pounce) by simultaneously casting mutliple Salvations on the same spot. Instead of nerfing the healing of Salvation, put a limit on the number of Salvations a player can benefit from at a time (ie 2 max).

Scoundrel/Operative

• Bug: Operative Skill Medical Therapy is reported to not be working properly.(Fixed in 1.1.4)
  • Bug: RN/KC buff is not displaying in Ops/FPs/WZs. Reports vary on if it is healing or not when the display is bugged.
  • Add a skill to a tree, accessible by healers, to increase total allowed UH/TA charges. (Patch 1.2 PTS Notes)
  • When UH/TA expires, have 1 stack removed and restart the duration, instead of removing both stacks.
  • Allow CC to be refreshed in combat.
    • Perhaps change the "Sedatives" skill to allow CC refresh in combat.

[*] Improve Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion:

Currently the marginal benefits of this ability are not worth the energy + TA/UH cost. Possible, non-exclusive, suggestions:

Recommended change: Remove/Minimize the energy cost
    and
    change it to:
    1. A medium direct heal with a medium HoT component;

2. A large direct heal that also refreshes all current HoT effects

3. A medium direct heal that confers a beneficial buff to the target

4. A medium direct heal that consumes a stack of KP/SRMP for a large heal.

5. Have a talent that allows it to heal 1/2 additional allies within 10 meters for 50/100% of amount healed.

6. Make it require UH/TA, but not consume it.

7. Reduce the cost with Medical Therapy skill, at 2.5/5 Energy for 1/2 of the skill.

[*]Improve Kolto Probe/Slow Release Medpac. Possible suggestions:

• Remove need to stack, increase cost to 20 Energy.
    • Cause 2 stacks to be twice as likely to generate UH/TA

[*]Improve Recuperative Nanotech/Kolto Cloud

[*]Upcoming Change: Making KC/RN front-loaded. No mention of other suggested changes.(Coming in 1.2)

Currently the target limit of 4 (target +3) and the underwhelming healing of this ability severely impact its utility and viability as a 31-point talent.

Recommended Changes:
    1. Remove the target limit while keeping the range limit

2. Either:
      • Significantly increase the amount of healing done by the ability; OR

• Significantly decrease the duration and tick-time of the HoT
        ; OR

• Moderately increase the healing
        and moderately decrease the duration and tick-time.

• Generates UH/TA through the Medical Engineering skill, at 1/2 the proc rate of KP/SRM.

• Applies KP/SRMP to all targets, and give an ability that allows consumption of KP/SRMP charges for burst.

• Change tick to every second, from every 3s.

Summary of combined changes: Front loaded, 15s cooldown, ticks over 6s, 10% increased healing from previous and reduced cost
    (Patch 1.2 PTS Notes)

[*]Add a new AoE mechanic:

• A "Healing Well" that can be placed and clicked on by players who need heals.
  • A place-able fixed location AoE that heals for less the further from center you are, but has unlimited targets.
  • An ability that exploits UH/TA to heal in a cone in front of you.

[*]Improve Surgical Probe / Emergency Medpac

• Add a small radius splash heal for 33% of the effect, striking 3 allies closest to the target, while healing the target for 100%. Provides light, direct AoE while RN/KC is ticking.

[*]Add a synergistic mechanic to Operative/Scoundrel healing:

Currently none of our abilities interact which each other, decreasing the enjoyment factor and flexibility of the healer.

Recommended Additions:
  • Use Kolto Probe/Slow Release Medpac as a gateway for various abilites to have different or modified effects. Suggested effects include but are not limited to:

• Consume 1 or 2 stacks of KP/SRMP to cast Shield Probe/Defensive Screen on the target.

• Consume 1 or 2 stack of KP/SRMP to heal the target for total healing of the consumed HoT - 10%

• Consume 1 stack of KP/SRMP to confer a beneficial damage/absorption/defense buff on the target for X seconds.

• Using Diagnostic Scan on a target affected by KP/SRMP causes critical ticks of KP/SRMP to refresh the HoT for 1 additional tick OR restore X energy.

[*]Improve Burst Capability. Possible, non-exclusive, suggestions:

• Add a short-cooldown, similar to Supercharge Cells for Commandos

• Add burst synergy, such as SP/EMP consuming the KP/SRMP HoT or the suggested new Kolto Infusion / Kolto Pack HoT.

• Make Kolto Infusion the burst of choice by having it stack a buff that could be consumed for an instant Energy Regen once a threshold is reached. This would make it inefficient if used in rotation (as it is now), but energy efficient if you used it 4 times in rapid succession to deal with burst healing. Put the recharge ability on a short (ie 20s) cooldown.

[*]Improve Diagnostic Scan. Possible, non-exclusive, suggestions:

• Combine the +Crit Chance & Energy Refund Talent into 1, freeing up 2 points for use in the tree

• Alter the mechanic:

• Significantly increase the healing of the ability (via talents) so that it heals at a rate comparable to Sorcerer/Sage Innervate/Healing Trance

• Make it instant, but apply a 3s HoT. Could now be used on the move, but energy regen would no longer scale with Alacrity.

• Allow it to be channeled while moving.

• Make bonus energy regen fixed, not on crit, to eliminate RNG nature of regen. Note, if both this and the previous suggestion are used, DS regen would no longer scale with stats. It is currently the only ability that does so.

• Have the ability confer a powerful damage mitigation buff to the target while channeled.

• Have the ability apply a beneficial buff to the target upon successful completion of the entire cast

[*]Change Medical Shield Buff to apply for 15 seconds, not the duration of the shield. Since Med Shield absorbs a fixed amount, it can often last shorter than its Commando equivalent (Reactive Shield).

• Add as an additional benefit to Medical Shield: Defence Screen can now be cast on Party Members.
  • Each rank in Medical Shield reduces cooldown of Defence Screen by X/X seconds

[*]Add Synergy to Cover Mechanic

• Energy cost reduction while in cover Talent
  • Alacrity boost while in cover Talent
  • Healing bonus while in cover Talent

[*]Add Synergy to Stealth

• Targeted Stealth as an emergency button (wipes threat on target, but player "sits out" for a few seconds in stealth)
  • Infiltrate/Smuggle usable in combat as an emergency or group-wipe avoidance button for Stealth.
  • Infiltrate grants defense boost similar to Evasion when used in combat in AoE radius

[*]Healing Shiv i.e. instant direct melee heal

[*]Weakening Blast / Cull like ability that boosts HoT heals

[*]Add a unique buff to one of our heals, to balance movement speed/armor (JS/SS) and armor/DR/healing received (BH/TR) buffs.

• Increase Damage Done
  • Reduce Threat
  • Increase HoT effect

[*]A talent to increase the range of Debilitate / Dirty Kick to 30m.

[*]Remove the reduced healing debuff from cloaking screen, at least within the healing trees.

PvP Specific (all)

• Remove Green Beam effect from Hammer Shot heal. It renders HS nearly useless in PvP by painting a giant target on the healer. (Some have requested a toggle to keep the old style).
  • Ilum: Healing does not award any mission credits.

If someone I heal gets credit, I should too, for the 'assist.'

• Warzones: Healers get the fewest medals by far, and therefor fewer valor points.
    • Apply a fixed modifier for healers that brings parity in rewards.
    • Increase the value of healing medals.
    • Grant partial credit to healers for the damage done by those they heal. Log this as a separate category, like the tank damage absorbed category.

[*]Increased the talented speed boost on Dodge.

[*]Add some utility that allows moving other players: knockback or pull.

Items

LS/DS requirements on relics greatly reduce player choice.

Relic of Residual Mending: Considerably underpowered compared to same level DPS relics.

Rakata Triage Adrenal:Identical positive effect to the Rakata Attack Adrenal, but also reduces damage done. As a result, this item is useless, since you would always choose to use the Attack Adrenal.

Major Contributors

Obviously there are/will be many contributors to this list, and I cannot track them all. For most, just read the thread. I do want to have a suggestion to thank people who make large and/or frequent contributions.

Thank you:

bobudo

Milco

Paladinian

Edited by RuQu

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted about this issue here: The Biggest Syntax Unbalance in SWTOR

The advanced emerg. probe and emerg. probe mirrors for bounty hunters are poorly named. Healing Scan is our 1.5 second heal, while Rapid Scan is our 2/2.5 second heal. The names should be reversed.

My personal feeling on alacrity is that, increasing immediate throughput should be enough. It needn't increase cost efficiency to boot. With flat manapools, I think scaling resources will provide issues as people gear up before an expansion raises the level cap. I'd rather be able to cast the same heals for more. I think having alacrity reduce GCD on instant casts will have it actually do what it's intended to do, and may even make it desirable in PvP (where many small skirmishes are more common than long sustained fights, so resources are not the bottleneck).

Of all the healing issues, of all the classes, operative/smuggler AoE healing really upsets me. Not only are they the weakest AoE healer of the 3 classes, their AoE ability is a 31 point talent, one of the weakest in the game. Kolto Bomb seems fine as an 11 point ability, and a free instant heal is a valid 31 pointer.

Operative skill trees also have a lot more 'non-healing' talents you are forced to sink points into. The bounty hunter/trooper who wants to PVE heal and only PVE heal can happily skip all the damage reduction or self-heal increase talents. Imperial agents can't actually fill out their tree without improving offensive abilities some how in lieu of actual healing talents.

Also, a huge thanks RuQu for all the work you've done in the many many healing threads. RuQu for healing ambassador, IMO

Edited by psymunn

The one thing I would most like to see is the ability to use keystrokes to target any member of an Ops group. Its extremely irritating and frustrating to have to point and click someones name in order to heal them in a 16 man or 8 man Ops group and I can say that there are plenty of times where that split second lost between point/click and a simple keystroke meant the difference between life and death for a party member. Give us the ability to target anyone in the ops group via keybinds

The one thing I would most like to see is the ability to use keystrokes to target any member of an Ops group. Its extremely irritating and frustrating to have to point and click someones name in order to heal them in a 16 man or 8 man Ops group and I can say that there are plenty of times where that split second lost between point/click and a simple keystroke meant the difference between life and death for a party member. Give us the ability to target anyone in the ops group via keybinds

I added that, and mouse-over, which is a popular alternative.

I play a Sorc Healer doing Operation and I love my Sorc, I love my spells and I love the feel of the class.

There is something that has been bugging me though; the talents.

Compared to Lightning DPS tree, Corruption is pretty lackluster. There are 5 talents which are absolutely vital, but then other top tier talents give +hit, 2% damage reduction and slow on Affliction. I don't think Sorc healing should be buffed, but I would like it changed around so my points spent feel more special and have more impact.

We end up having to put points into self-healing and 3% damage reduction simply because there is nothing else that's good.

Incidentally, many of the high tier talents we get are actually just 2 tier 1 talents from other talent trees.

I don't know that Alacrity should increase regen. That would seem to make it much too powerful. But we do get loads of Alacrity on our gear - as do other healers.

I believe all pieces of the Rakata set have Alacrity on them and you end up with ~350-400 Alacrity, but only ~150 Surge.

It seems odd to me, since we rely a lot on crit for for example Force regen.

Here's my requests/ideas

Regarding the UI:

• Larger Buff/Debuff icons with the time remaining displayed in numbers on the icon
  • A means of cusomizing the Raid Frames such that certain events change a players frame (e.g. Dispellable Debuff Present - Frame is Orange; HoT is present - Frame is Green with an hourglass countdown)

As a note, I am able to bind and rebind the "`" and "Shift + ` (~)" keys. (Cover and Cover-In-Place)

Regarding Operative/Scoundrel Changes:

• State a clear and coherent design philosohpy for the class so that players can know what to expect going forward with fixes.

As I expect that there will be changes to the class, it would be nice for the development team to let current and future players know how they intend for the class to function, so that players can make informed decisions as to whether or not they wish to continue playing the class.

• Improve Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion:

Currently the marginal benefits of this ability are not worth the energy + TA/UH cost.

Recommended change: Remove/Minimize the energy cost and change it to:
    1. A medium direct heal with a medium HoT component;

2. A large direct heal that also refreshes all current HoT effects

3. A medium direct heal that confers a beneficial buff to the target

4. A medium direct heal that consumes a stack of KP/SRMP for a large heal.

[*] Improve Diagnostic Scan:

Currently, Diagnostic Scan is too niche to make it a useful ability; it's combination of being
    channeled
    low healing
    , and
    RNG-based energy return
    make it a frustrating expenditure of 4 talent points.

Recommended Change:
    1. Combine the +Crit Chance & Energy Refund Talent into 1, freeing up 2 points for use in the tree, AND;

2. Alter the mechanic of the skill:
      • Significantly increase the healing of the ability (via talents) so that it heals at a rate comparable to Sorcerer/Sage Innervate/Healing Trance

• Remove the RNG component of the energy refund

• Have the ability confer a powerful damage mitigation buff to the target while channeled.

• Have the ability apply a beneficial buff to the target upon successful completion of the entire cast

[*]Improve Recuperative Nanotech/Kolto Cloud

Currently the target limit of 4 (target +3) and the underwhelming healing of this ability severely impact its utility and viability as a 31-point talent.

Recommended Changes:
  1. Remove the target limit while keeping the range limit

2. Either:
    • Significantly increase the amount of healing done by the ability; OR

• Significantly decrease the duration and tick-time of the HoT; OR

• Moderately increase the healing and moderately decrease the duration and tick-time.

[*]Add a synergistic mechanic to Operative/Scoundrel healing:

Currently none of our abilities interact which each other, decreasing the enjoyment factor and flexibility of the healer.

Recommended Additions:
  • Use Kolto Probe/Slow Release Medpac as a gateway for various abilites to have different or modified effects. Suggested effects include but are not limited to:

• Consume 1 or 2 stacks of KP/SRMP to cast Shield Probe/Defensive Screen on the target.

• Consume 1 or 2 stack of KP/SRMP to heal the target for total healing of the consumed HoT - 10%

• Consume 1 stack of KP/SRMP to confer a beneficial damage/absorption/defense buff on the target for X seconds.

• Using Diagnostic Scan on a target affected by KP/SRMP causes critical ticks of KP/SRMP to refresh the HoT for 1 additional tick OR restore X energy.

I believe that all of these changes could be made to the class without overpowering the class, and would add significant utility flexibility and flavor to the class. However, since I was just freewheeling ideas I did not spend a considerable amount of thought or effort on balance, prioritizing getting ideas out and discussed over balancing, which would need to be done in the testing phase anyways. However these are the four areas in which I believe changes to be necessary; as always your mileage may vary.

I play a Sorc Healer doing Operation and I love my Sorc, I love my spells and I love the feel of the class.

There is something that has been bugging me though; the talents.

Compared to Lightning DPS tree, Corruption is pretty lackluster. There are 5 talents which are absolutely vital, but then other top tier talents give +hit, 2% damage reduction and slow on Affliction. I don't think Sorc healing should be buffed, but I would like it changed around so my points spent feel more special and have more impact.

We end up having to put points into self-healing and 3% damage reduction simply because there is nothing else that's good.

Incidentally, many of the high tier talents we get are actually just 2 tier 1 talents from other talent trees.

I don't know that Alacrity should increase regen. That would seem to make it much too powerful. But we do get loads of Alacrity on our gear - as do other healers.

I believe all pieces of the Rakata set have Alacrity on them and you end up with ~350-400 Alacrity, but only ~150 Surge.

It seems odd to me, since we rely a lot on crit for for example Force regen.

Changed alacrity wording again and made the additions you suggested. Let me know if I misinterpreted you.

Thanks for putting this together, RuQu! I second the hope for Sticky-fication. :)

Some additions I'd like to suggest:

General:

- Alarcity should reduce the length of the Global Cooldown.

UI Changes:

- Debuffs on targeted players that can be cleansed through skills like Triage should have an identifiable border or icon signalling this fact. Presently these debuffs can be rather arbitrary as to whether they are removable or not.

Aesthetics:

- Improve Underworld Medicine animation to be flashier then just pulling out a data pad.

Commando / Merc:

- All dedicated healers should have an in-combat resurrect; C/M presently lack one.

- Kolto Bomb target limit should be removed. To be viable in Operations all dedicated healers should have an area-limited but target un-capped AOE heal.

Scoundrel / Op:

(I like most of the suggestions here, good job. Here's a few more for the pile.) :)

- Allow the player to increase the capacity for Upper Hand charges through one of the tree skills.

- Allow the Tranq Dart's Sedatives debuff to be applied in-combat, even if at greatly reduced potency.

I don't know why I forgot to add these things in the last post but..

PvP:

- Ilum: Healing does not award any mission credits. Going around having to 'tag' people in order to get credit for the kill is both inefficient and contrary to the role I want to play.

I want to keep my side alive and ensure our victory, not go around casting Force Storm all the time.

- Warzones: Healers get the fewest medals by far. A friend of mine plays a dps juggernaut and even though I still have the better gear (I am Battlemaster, he isn't yet), he says he pretty consistently gets 10+ medals and 1600-1900 valor per warzone - I get more like 4 medals and 900 valor.

There are too few healer medals and it is really hard to get many kills/do much damage for other medals when you're not specced for it at all.

Items:

- Relic of Residual Mending: "Healing an ally has a 50% chance to restore an additional 410 health over 3 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds, and shares this limit with similar healing effects."

For some reason, this is classed as item level 58. The dps relics and the tank one that can also drop in Karagga's Palace are all quite good, but the healer one is just plain bad.

The value in effect over time is less than half of the dps relics and it only procs every 20 seconds.

Healing is about reliability and reacting to changes in the fight. An effect that happens every (and for so little) is not a reliable tool when healing.

- Rakata Triage Adrenal: There is no reason what-so-ever to use this.

I assume it is intended as a healer adrenal (considering the word "Triage"), but the stat boost is the same as the Attack adrenal (except the attack adrenal affects all Power and not just Force/Tech Power) and the Triage adrenal has a 50% debuff to all damage you deal on top of that.

Why would I ever want to lower my damage just for the sake of it?

Whether intentional or an oversight, there are quite a few areas where healers are getting the short end of the stick.

We already have 2 "healing taxes" (trauma debuff in PvP and ~30% lower +heal than +damage), so I really don't think we need more, general disadvantages just for choosing the role we like to play.

Healing does not award any mission credits. Going around having to 'tag' people in order to get credit for the kill is both inefficient and contrary to the role I want to play.

This! Heals should grant assists. I have to choose between medals or helping my team, where as most classes get to get the former, by doing the latter.

Note: this problem exists in warzones and illum

Edited by psymunn

Great summery. Please make it a sticky if we can keep it updated with fresh new ideas.

Address the problem of Alacrity making spells more expensive (by increasing the Effective Cost, Cost - regen*castTime). Currently, Alacrity negatively effects resource levels, when it should be neutral.

Alacrity should reduce GCD.

Yes Devs need to rethink the whole "Haste" thingy because it doesnt improve or help healing the way we Healers think it would do. Its more a Regenburner then a helping stat to improve healing.

Why stack Alacrity on a Class that use INSTANT cast in almost all abilitys except for Diagnostic scan ? The itemization for Scoundrel Tier healing Goes beyond my understanding. Some impact on GCD would be atleast a Half-step in right direction

And dont say its for Kotlo pack....99% dont have it on the actionbar because its USELESS.

Adjust itemization on high end gear to reflect stats desired by that class/AC.

Yes it should reflect the Holistic wiev of the class. HOT-based get stats that enhance the HOTS ....Simpel as that.

Sugestion

Allow CC to be refreshed in combat.

1. Transform the 2 points into Sedative be a "in combat" CC.

2. Colorfill Scoundrels and Operatives "Energybar" for better "mapping" im thinking it will help in "Gulf of evaluation". There is now no Visual Feedback about the Punishement of Energy Regen when you pass 60% marker. This would improve the energy handling and understanding Alot.

Sawbones regen.

1-20 % 2 Enrg/Second

20-60 % 3 Enrg/ Second

60-100 % 5 Enrg/Second

so the 60% Rule is almost Doble the Energy regen Regen at that Treshold. 3 vs 5 Energy / sec.

3. Remove the long 3 Second "Animation-delays" on Slow Releese med-pack and Kolto Cloud. From the Moment i press the Button until the First HOT lands on me it takes about 3.1-3.6 Seconds depending on how i messure.

This 3 Second Delay is making Scoundrel healing unreliable. Players "think" they do instant heals and there is no information about a "Delay" for 3 Seconds.

I got 175 Alacrity, 5.82% to be exact. Instant cast should be instant.

4. Make Proc-animation on Upper Hand for better visual feedback and not just a "Giggle".

Edited by Donnadarco

Aclarity need to reduce cast time properly. on sages they have long cast times on some useful spellsbut aclarity is nearly uselessfor reducing even that stat. currently were almost alway at full force from using just healing trance. just give aclarity a biit more bit on the classes it was likely meant for please. Overall i love the balance of sage healing. good job bioware

I haven't put in the (huge amount of) time to model Scoundrels or Sages, but this is a plot of Commando Ammo vs Alacrity % and (MP + AP Cast Count) vs Alacrity %. That cast count is independent of other stats, and closely follows our HPS as can be seen here.

So where are our peaks? 0-2.5% Alacrity (with 0 Alacrity skills, that is 70 Rating max) or 14.5-16.5% (165-230 rating with all Alacrity skills).

Commando gear has FAR too much.

Making me work for it, eh bobudo?

Can't make it too easy on you!!

No, this is just a great idea and I got very excited about having a spot to list out the key issues (imho) and some ideas about fixing them that I got a little carried away.:o

Just one Idea to change Operative Medic Tree and some Heal skills i came up with quickly.

For skills

Diag. Scan - Turn into a Instant cast probe 3 second HoT on a 6 second Cooldown, possibly off GCD

Recup. Nano. - Increase Duration to match KP, possibly increase heal amount to Equal Kolto Probe. ( Effectively makes this a AE version of KP for more Cost, keep same 4 person limit)

Kolto Probe - Increase cost to 20 energy, Remove Stacking increase effect to as if double stacked.

Kolto Infusion - Remove consume effect of TA, make it only require TA to use.

Surgical Probe - Add a 33% splash ae heal of main heal to 3 targets within 8m of target.( Effectively a Heal on main target with 33% of that heal also hitting 3 other targets that is not main target)

For Talents

Sedatives - Make useable out of stealth and in combat, triggers a 60 second cooldown if used out of stealth or in combat.

Medical Engineering - Add effect to Recuperative Nanotech at half the proc chance

Surgical Precision - Remove 30% refresh, Instead 100% crit on target below 30%

Medical Therapy - Reduce the cost of Kolto Infusion by 2.5 per point

Med Shield - Change from while active to when used for 15 seconds(the duration of shield so that when it wears off effect is still useful)

Patient Studies - Increase duration of Diag Scan by 1.5 second per point along with the energy return still(making its duration same as cooldown for a medic)

- Rakata Triage Adrenal: There is no reason what-so-ever to use this.

I assume it is intended as a healer adrenal (considering the word "Triage"), but the stat boost is the same as the Attack adrenal (except the attack adrenal affects all Power and not just Force/Tech Power) and the Triage adrenal has a 50% debuff to all damage you deal on top of that.

Why would I ever want to lower my damage just for the sake of it?

Pretty sure that they aint the same. "Power" and "Tech/Force Power" and 2 diff stats where the force/tech should give you alot more healing than just a plain Power one gives. If the Attack one gives tech/force power and power is it a bug imo.

*edit* Thinking I should have reserved a post or two.

The mods may be able to help you with that if you run out of space.... or start a new version of the thread and reserve the space in that one. :)

X

Edited by XtremJedi

Another UI change that needs to happen:

The party needs to be listed in order. By that, I mean:

F1: you

F2: 2nd person

F3: 3rd person

F4: 4th person

Currently, non-OP frames is reversed, with the player at the bottom. And OP frames for a party just drop the player somewhere in the mix, resulting in F-key orders like F2, F1, F3, F4 or F2, F3, F1, F4.

Edited by Battilea

Pretty sure that they aint the same. "Power" and "Tech/Force Power" and 2 diff stats where the force/tech should give you alot more healing than just a plain Power one gives. If the Attack one gives tech/force power and power is it a bug imo.

Power functions exactly the same as Tech/Force Power. Both provide a flat, non-diminishing 0.17 bonus healing per point. The distinction only exists so the can create some items that are specifically for Force or non-Force users, without having to attach a class or proficiency requirement to it.

Fluhi, I added in every non-repeat from your post, except two which I thought might warrant discussion first.

Surgical Precision - Remove 30% refresh, Instead 100% crit on target below 30%

Considering Accomplished Doctor does not apply to Surgical Probe, a second cast heals for more than your crits ever likely will (Surge % from rating is capped at 50% + 50% base rate + 0% from skills and buffs = 100% max, which would need huge amounts of surge). True it costs a GCD to fire off that free one, but it hits harder, both have a change to crit, and if incoming damage keeps the tank below 30% after that GCD, you can fire off a third.

I will add it in if you want, as I say it is a compilation not a list of "endorsed" ideas, but I wanted to at least point out how it looks to me, a Commando, like it might actually nerf you, and I'm trying to avoid putting any nerfs in the list.

Patient Studies - Increase duration of Diag Scan by 1.5 second per point along with the energy return still(making its duration same as cooldown for a medic)

I just have no idea what you are asking for with this one. Do you want diag. scan to be 4.5s or 1.5? what cooldown is it syncing with? Is it still channeled, or do you mean to make it instant but increase the HoT duration?

For Mercenaries/Commandos:

Looks like a nice listing. I'd love to see the cap lifted off Kolto Missile/Bomb.

I do want to request a change to the Proactive/Preventative Medicine talent. The HoT gained by this ability is terrible at higher levels. Please scale it to the heal, or something similar. I feel this ability should be more useful especially since Healing Scan has a 9 sec (with skills) cooldown on it. It would also make popping Supercharged Gas more effective, especially in aoe damage situations.

Edited by Salunai