Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Khem Val can heal in 4.0? ***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So Khem Val can heal in 4.0? ***

Max_Killjoy
09.29.2015 , 08:45 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
That's not the case though. While only doing class quests, I found that I could only afford to upgrade my gear every 8-12 levels.

And I can't imagine anyone but the most dedicated actually does "dallies".
I do dailies, though not out of dedication. It's a good way to relax when I get home from work.

Also, on my still-leveling alts, I do half or more of the non-class quests as well. They're all helplessly overleveled, and I like it that way.

Juromaro
09.29.2015 , 08:55 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
I do dailies, though not out of dedication. It's a good way to relax when I get home from work.

Also, on my still-leveling alts, I do half or more of the non-class quests as well. They're all helplessly overleveled, and I like it that way.

I don't do Section X or Black Hole anymore, but on my leveling alts I only do class story and planet quest line, at least while this 12x is going on, when it stops I'll be back to do every quest and sec x/black hole.
http://www.swtor.com/r/RXD8tQ -7 Days Free Sub, Preferred Friend Bundle, Free Character Transfer.

Max_Killjoy
09.29.2015 , 09:04 PM | #93
I'd do Section X a bit more if they did away with the goofy mechanics inside AC...

Jedi_riches
09.30.2015 , 02:09 AM | #94
That's not the case though. While only doing class quests, I found that I could only afford to upgrade my gear every 8-12 levels.

I did upgrade my gear every second planet so about 8-10 levels, for the most part I did both the class mission and planetary stuff each planet was giving me approx 50 comms but because I upgrade me and my companion at the same time I did 2 planets to get about 100 comms so I could do both.

Foreignobjects
09.30.2015 , 05:37 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceFanatic View Post
So weird about this change. Doesn't fit some companions at all. A dumbing down? I understand the versatility but not sure I like this. comments?
if u have watched the Twitch replay they state EVERY companion will do the same things... TANK/DPS/HEAL

Uruare
09.30.2015 , 09:05 AM | #96
I made my assassin roughly five or six months after launch.

As soon as I had any option to use anybody but Khem (or any of the other tank companions tbh), I ditched them and never looked back if the game wasn't forcing me to (looking at you, emperor fight on Jedi Knight story).

The tank companions are so mega trashy that I've never found good use for then that couldn't be better achieved some other way entirely.

So maybe now in 4.0 I might actually use companions that aren't healers and occasionally dps, cause frankly, I'm rolling with a healer 95% of the time because downtime between fights is boring.

I'll pull out a deeps comp when I'm feeling saucy. It's never actually better for much. I've had people tell me that their tank companions make them able to solo things they otherwise couldn't... Thaaaat I can solo too.

Unless their tank companions magically work better than mine ( and yeah, I know very well how to gear tank companions... Not that it helps as much as it should seeing as how abysmal their damage reduction invariably is anyway), so that's not an issue.

Khem's always been garbage because he's a tank and companion tanks are pathetic.

IanArgent
10.01.2015 , 01:34 AM | #97

I have one "end-game" alt that I do the quick dailies on (BH, CZ-198, the odd Oricon run) every couple of days, for the credits, and I've run Yavin weeklies 3x so far (since all I care about is the comp gear to send to other alts, and the credits/playtime return isn't enough to make me want to run Yavin daily), and I am swimming in basic comms. I literally bounced off the 1000 limit the other day, despite gearing up not only all that char's comps, but 5 other chars. So I started buying comm mods for their comps.

Now, I did build a pretty big cushion on Rishi and the story part of yavin, but unless they change the cost of the levelling mods, anyone with access to dailies can generate enough comms more or less at will.

IanArgent
10.01.2015 , 01:45 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post
Khem's always been garbage because he's a tank and companion tanks are pathetic.
QFT. This is the one thing that really worries me about companion stats being generated based on player level and affection/influence/presence. Tank comps have a problem holding threat. I had to ship a set of 192 comp gear to my L55 trooper healer to have 4X reliably hold threat when both my trooper and 4X were kitted in 172, and of course his damage was pathetic. I've had the same problem with Treek (except I don't yet have a set of 192 for her, had other priorities). And if the tank companion is even the tiniest bit behind in gearing (say you cheap out and put greens on the tank when you have blues, or the odd purple), forget them holding threat if you're at all decent putting out DPS or HPS.

Staavis_SC
10.01.2015 , 02:22 AM | #99
The curious thing for me, that I'm not sure has been answered yet is...how will weapons work for companions? Are they restricted to the weapons they could use before 4.0? Or can they use different weapons now?

For example, could Kira Carsen now use a single blade lightsaber, or is she still using a double bladed lightsaber? Could Ashara use (2) Techblades instead of (2) lightsabers? Can Elara use an autocannon instead of a pistol?

After all, the weapons are mostly just cosmetic now, right? No stats. So, does this open up more weapon options?
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

Jedi_riches
10.01.2015 , 02:35 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Staavis_SC View Post
The curious thing for me, that I'm not sure has been answered yet is...how will weapons work for companions? Are they restricted to the weapons they could use before 4.0? Or can they use different weapons now?

For example, could Kira Carsen now use a single blade lightsaber, or is she still using a double bladed lightsaber? Could Ashara use (2) Techblades instead of (2) lightsabers? Can Elara use an autocannon instead of a pistol?

After all, the weapons are mostly just cosmetic now, right? No stats. So, does this open up more weapon options?
Kira has always been able to use a single blade as can Jaesa, whether you meant does it affect their performance is another thing, you just have to make sure there is not an alignment restriction on the single blade as companions have no alignment but yeah I have Kira using a blade from the cartel market. If I make Kira heal maybe it wont matter too much (like those that claim using a rifle does not matter to a healer commando).

Many companions at the moment have access to more than 1 weapon type, for instance if you look at T7 (or Kaylio for that matter) they can equip either a blaster pistol or a blaster rifle as their weapon (but note that sometimes the companions have moves that are restricted to a certain type of weapon (like your own character really)