Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Khem Val can heal in 4.0? ***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So Khem Val can heal in 4.0? ***

ForceFanatic
09.25.2015 , 09:43 PM | #1
So weird about this change. Doesn't fit some companions at all. A dumbing down? I understand the versatility but not sure I like this. comments?

VitalityPrime
09.25.2015 , 09:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceFanatic View Post
So weird about this change. Doesn't fit some companions at all. A dumbing down? I understand the versatility but not sure I like this. comments?
Khem Val already heals you, actually...
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

Rafaman
09.25.2015 , 09:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Khem Val already heals you, actually...
Yeah, but now he will have a healing stance and healing only abilities. It will be weird. lol

But, since we can choose his role, it will not be a huge issue for me. He is and will always be a tank for me. If I need heals I will bring someone else. He could probably dps for me too however.

VitalityPrime
09.25.2015 , 09:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yeah, but now he will have a healing stance and healing only abilities. It will be weird. lol
Yeah, but I assume it will be like healing companions now...he won't only be healing, unless you turn off his other abilities.

Granted, that's just me assuming how it will work in 4.0.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
But, since we can choose his role, it will not be a huge issue for me. He is and will always be a tank for me. If I need heals I will bring someone else. He could probably dps for me too however.
I hear you, some companions will always be what they have been to me. However, I will definitely be making Kira a healer as soon as I can and never look back, haha.

Max_Killjoy
09.25.2015 , 09:56 PM | #5
Vette and Doc will also be able to tank.

They'll also all be nothing but dress-up dolls.

sayiaa
09.25.2015 , 09:56 PM | #6
How is having companions being able to heal/tank/dps dumbing down? So many people say this but I just don't get it at all...
Click my Refer a "friend" for free stuff http://www.swtor.com/r/KBHGJD

SithKoriandr
09.25.2015 , 09:59 PM | #7
It'll likely be a matter of just turning on abilities.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

VitalityPrime
09.25.2015 , 10:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by sayiaa View Post
How is having companions being able to heal/tank/dps dumbing down? So many people say this but I just don't get it at all...
Yeah, I agree.

I do, however, think that you should only get one choice.

I don't think you should be able to change a companions spec on the run. I think you should only able to make the change the same way you would change your character's discipline.

If you make a companion a healer, that's your healer...no changing to DPS on the go.

That's my opinion...but I can understand if they don't go that route.

jankiel
09.25.2015 , 10:30 PM | #9
Vette tanking stuff with her dual blasters. Perfect

MillionsKNives
09.25.2015 , 10:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Vette tanking stuff with her dual blasters. Perfect
Finally, a reason to use those cunning pieces with shield on them! Oh, wait, they're getting rid of gear stats on companions.