So Khem Val can heal in 4.0? ***

ForceFanatic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khem Val already heals you, actually...

Yeah, but now he will have a healing stance and healing only abilities. It will be weird. lol

But, since we can choose his role, it will not be a huge issue for me. He is and will always be a tank for me. If I need heals I will bring someone else. He could probably dps for me too however.

Edited by Rafaman

Yeah, but now he will have a healing stance and healing only abilities. It will be weird. lol

Yeah, but I assume it will be like healing companions now...he won't only be healing, unless you turn off his other abilities.

Granted, that's just me assuming how it will work in 4.0.

But, since we can choose his role, it will not be a huge issue for me. He is and will always be a tank for me. If I need heals I will bring someone else. He could probably dps for me too however.

I hear you, some companions will always be what they have been to me. However, I will definitely be making Kira a healer as soon as I can and never look back, haha.

Edited by VitalityPrime

So weird about this change. Doesn't fit some companions at all. A dumbing down? I understand the versatility but not sure I like this. comments? :confused:

How is having companions being able to heal/tank/dps dumbing down? So many people say this but I just don't get it at all...

How is having companions being able to heal/tank/dps dumbing down? So many people say this but I just don't get it at all...

Yeah, I agree.

I do, however, think that you should only get one choice.

I don't think you should be able to change a companions spec on the run. I think you should only able to make the change the same way you would change your character's discipline.

If you make a companion a healer, that's your healer...no changing to DPS on the go.

That's my opinion...but I can understand if they don't go that route.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I can't wait for that sweet Broonmark/Bowdaar/Scourge/Qyzen/SCORPIO/Khem Val healing. It'll be such a laugh!

Then I'll have that wimp from the Inquisitor story tank for my Assassin for the giggles :D ooh, and have Tharan freak out over him having to shoot people whilst he yells that he's a pacifist.

Edited by Joluka

I can't wait for that sweet Broonmark/Bowdaar/Scourge/Qyzen/SCORPIO/Khem Val healing. It'll be such a laugh!

Then I'll have that wimp from the Inquisitor story tank for my Assassin for the giggles :D ooh, and have Tharan freak out over him having to shoot people whilst he yells that he's a pacifist.

Who knows, they may be changing the abilities of companions so that their healing abilities are more in line with their style. I.E. for Khem Val, I can see his healing style be more tailored towards healing you when he attacks something periodically and when you kill something it gets a bit burst of healing.

Has it been confirmed that companions not needed gear is going to be retroactive to before the expansion takes place?

The change to companion will apply to all companions no matter what level or place in the story. After KotFE releases if you start a brand new level 1; as soon as you get your 1st companion it will be able to do any role.

On Topic: I rarely use a healing companion; I mainly use DPS companion.It will be nice to use someone other than HK on all my characters.

If the storyline actually involved Khem acting as a healer or Mako as a tank, etc, then I'd probably dislike it - but as it stands it's a gameplay option.

I'm big on immersion so I'm planning to always have Khem in either Tank or DPS stance if I use him, always going to have Mako as a Healer or DPS, and so forth. This just means that other players, whose enjoyment of the game is less tied to that sort of immersion than mine is, will have more flexibility, while my experience will remain largely unchanged in that regard.

(And even I may play around with having Treek DPS or Vette heal, or some other edge cases like that).

Edited by DarthDymond

Has it been confirmed that companions not needed gear is going to be retroactive to before the expansion takes place?

This is what I wonder. As usual, people are going an awful lot on assumptions. Personally, I doubt the "classic" companions will be included in this "any role" scheme.

Musco confirmed it during the Q&A thread after the first Livestream:

Chances these get a reply are close to non-existant, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway.

1. Will be able to meet and/or recruit companions that don't belong in our class? (for example, if I play the demo with my agent, will I still see T7?) yes or no will suffice.

2. What affects the companions effectiveness in battle? Only our level? what about Presence stat? what about affection?

3. Will any and all changes to the companion system also be applied to the 1-60 leveling experience?(multiple roles in combat, or whatever changes you introduce to crafting)

4. Since some companions are not customizable via armor, I am correct to assume that the customization slot will still be there?

5. What will happen to earpieces and Implants on companions? Should I remove them before starting KOTFE?

1. Yes.
  2. Level and Presence. What Presence does is increase damage, healing output, and total health of your Companions.
  3. Yup!
  4. Yup again.
  5. The plan right now is they will be mailed to you when they come off your Companion in 4.0.

Yeah, I agree.

I do, however, think that you should only get one choice.

I don't think you should be able to change a companions spec on the run. I think you should only able to make the change the same way you would change your character's discipline.

If you make a companion a healer, that's your healer...no changing to DPS on the go.

That's my opinion...but I can understand if they don't go that route.

Honestly I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of all the work they did to allow you to alter the companion's role in the first place. It wouldn't completely invalidate it, of course, but it would certainly limit the payoff.

I like that we'll be able to use our favorite companion all the time now (except where the game requires a specific companion for a mission/conversation), without feeling like we're gimping ourselves for using a sub-optimal pairing.

But then I also agree that some companions just wouldn't feel right to me in certain roles, so it's unlikely that I would use them as such personally.

If the storyline actually involved Khem acting as a healer or Mako as a tank, etc, then I'd probably dislike it - but as it stands it's a gameplay option.

I'm big on immersion so I'm planning to always have Khem in either Tank or DPS stance if I use him, always going to have Mako as a Healer or DPS, and so forth. This just means that other players, whose enjoyment of the game is less tied to that sort of immersion than mine is, will have more flexibility, while my experience will remain largely unchanged in that regard.

(And even I may play around with having Treek DPS or Vette heal, or some other edge cases like that).

While I find the notion of some companions in certain roles a touch silly, I see nothing wrong with opening up those options for other players.

What is wrong is the way they've gutted a existing set of choices (companion gearing) in order to add those options.

Bioware seems incapable of adding one thing without ruining or removing another.

They'll also all be nothing but dress-up dolls.

Which is different than now how?

With this you can choose your favorite companion to run with all the time rather than 'oh I need heals so I have to take Guss' or 'No point in Mako on this trash right now.'