What if PVE had 3 worlds like PVP has 3 WZs

permz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i shall counter this with a 'if the game was PvP only, how long do you think it would last before the 'NERF EVERYTHING' bat hits', PvP kills MMO's, it should be seen as a optional extra only and have no bearing on PvE

and also name 5 successful P2P PvP only games that are still going, cos i can only think of World of Tanks being the only one and every other PvP game is a FPS

i shall counter this with a 'if the game was PvP only, how long do you think it would last before the 'NERF EVERYTHING' bat hits', PvP kills MMO's, it should be seen as a optional extra only and have no bearing on PvE

and also name 5 successful P2P PvP only games that are still going, cos i can only think of World of Tanks being the only one and every other PvP game is a FPS

Do what GW1 does and split skills for PvE & PvP. Whenever you enter a PvP zone, your skills are replaced with PvP versions of those skills, i.e. Force Lightning vs. Force Lightning (PvP)

That way you can properly balance skills by adjusting numbers/functionalities on PvP skills while leaving PvE skills alone. There's no way to balance BOTH PvP and PvE properly if they share identical skillsets.

So this sandbox game is going to succeed, where all others have failed including its prior incarnation?

1. GW2 isn't a sandbox, in fact it isn't well described by either sandbox or themepark. It's a pretty fair mix of both.

2. GW1 isn't a failure...it's an (almost) 8 year-old MMO with over 8 million box sales (s of summer 2011) and upwards of half a million active players. Honestly, that's pretty damn good for any MMO. For a PvP focused MMO that's outstanding.

Edited by Goldenstar

Watch what happens to the subs of every current MMO when GW2 releases

I am sure some MMO's will lose some subs, however, I am sure you will be on the GW2 forums complaining about bugs and saying GW2 sucks just wait till (insert game here) comes out. rinse and repeat.

Do what GW1 does and split skills for PvE & PvP. Whenever you enter a PvP zone, your skills are replaced with PvP versions of those skills, i.e. Force Lightning vs. Force Lightning (PvP)

That way you can properly balance skills by adjusting numbers/functionalities on PvP skills while leaving PvE skills alone. There's no way to balance BOTH PvP and PvE properly if they share identical skillsets.

my point exactly, vast majority of complaints you see on this forum are PvP-related but the only PvE complaints are lack of endgame, PvP should be an optional extra and PvE being the main focus of the game

Watch what happens to the subs of every current MMO when GW2 releases

Thank you mister troll for this pointless addition.

On subject: The amount of worlds isn't the issues. In fact I would've preferred 3 worlds with more areas so there would be more people on each planet.

If you (OP) would've read the blogs here, you would've known that they were actually surprised by how much PvP is going on. It wasn't a major part apparently of the game, but they are implementing more PvP stuff as they saw a lot of people are doing PvP.

You're the minority, get over it.

If you want pvp, go play Warhammer or another pvp-based game. Don't even say warcraft, because when that launched it only had 3 battlegrounds... and continued to only have 3 battlegrounds until the next expansion, and they only added ONE bg.

Don't even say warcraft, because when that launched it only had 3 battlegrounds... and continued to only have 3 battlegrounds until the next expansion, and they only added ONE bg.

Actually when it launched it did not have any battlegrounds.

I'll take 3 worlds over 17 if:

- Those worlds are open.

- Those worlds don't have sanctuaries.

- There are no loading screens anywhere in the game.

- Fleet doesn't exist.

Do we have a deal?

More seriously: 3 PvP maps would be fine if there were viable alternatives, like real world PvP and a functioning Illum. As it stands, it feels awful because if you want to PvP in this game your only choice is to get shoved into a box & gear grind.

Edited by Dayfax

You're the minority, get over it.

If you want pvp, go play Warhammer or another pvp-based game. Don't even say warcraft, because when that launched it only had 3 battlegrounds... and continued to only have 3 battlegrounds until the next expansion, and they only added ONE bg.

Actually, WoW has, like, 10 battlegrounds. Don't know where/when you're getting your numbers from.

Oh yeah, btw: you're in the minority, get over it. (that IS a fun assertion!)

Anyway... I want PvP... and I play SW:TOR... no intention of playing "Warhammer or another pvp-based game".

Did you have a point?

Actually, WoW has, like, 10 battlegrounds. Don't know where/when you're getting your numbers from.

i know its over-used but learn-2-read....i never played WoW and from what he posted said 'WoW was released with only 3 warzones and didnt add another one until the burning crusade and that was only 1 extra making only 4 warzones at the time of the BC'

now wiki lists the BC as giving Eye of the Storm with 2 brackets...1 for 61-69 and 1 for 70

i dont understand where the other 6 come from which you used as a counter-agruement to his post...either that or i cant read/comprehend

i know its over-used but learn-2-read....i never played WoW and from what he posted said 'WoW was released with only 3 warzones and didnt add another one until the burning crusade and that was only 1 extra making only 4 warzones at the time of the BC'

now wiki lists the BC as giving Eye of the Storm with 2 brackets...1 for 61-69 and 1 for 70

i dont understand where the other 6 come from which you used as a counter-agruement to his post...either that or i cant read/comprehend

I don't know where/when all your funny numbers are coming from, but WoW has around 10 battlegrounds. Not 3, not 4, but 10.

Disagree?

EDIT: ok, 8. WoW has 8 battlegrounds. Thanks for the clarification, person above me.

Edited by face_hindu

F2P

Buy to Win, like all free MMOs it would be better off at 15$ a month.

Uhhh, iin GW1 & GW2 purchasable items are only cosmetic. The fundamental principle of both games is that no player should ever have a gear advantage over any other player. The best players are the most talented.

That's why you can reach the gear cap (hard gear cap, not diminishing returns) within 2-3 days of gameplay, and you can immedately create max level pvp-only characters with max gear. Don't claim stuff like buy to win when you obviously don't know anything about the game.

I don't know where/when all your funny numbers are coming from, but WoW has around 10 battlegrounds. Not 3, not 4, but 10.

Disagree?

Yes... after 7 years WoW Now has 10 Battle grounds....When it launched it had none

Edited by Taorus

Yes after 7 years WoW Now has 10 Battle grounds....When it launched it had none

And after 6 years of development, SW:TOR had 3. So what's your point?

Product A has 8

Product B has 3

Did you know that London launched with NO SEWER SYSTEM?!

Tell that to the 600 million+ Indians with no access to a sewer system.

And then realize the stupidity of that argument.

Disagree?

EDIT: ok, 8. WoW has 8 battlegrounds. Thanks for the clarification, person above me.

my funny numbers come from the ABILITY to READ and COMPREHEND what someone has typed, also from the funny ability to be able to type 'world of warcraft wiki' into google and read to clarify what the poster said about adding 1 more WZ in its 1st expansion before i replied without having anything to back it up

at NO time in either my post or the post you were replying to stated 'at present', they were alluding to release + 1st expansion which basically is the whole point of the OP complaining about only 3 WZ's here, so WoW had the same as SW:TOR on RELEASE and didnt add another WZ until its 1st expansion....do you need me to type a little slower or translate it into a language you are more comfortable with?