16 man > 8 man: Difficulty petition

Title says it all.

Post here if you think Bioware is making a huge mistake by planning on making 8 man harder than 16 man.

I want to see this game succeed from a difficult raiding perspective. If this happens pretty much every top guild will quit or reduce in size to 8 man.

At this point, I don't care about loot. I just want 16 man to be a hard challenge.

Do you agree or disagree?

Edited by Aurrelio

8 man is already harder. You're confusing their existing design philosophy with future intent.

For example:

Let's pretend you're group is running with 2 tanks, 4 dps, 2 healers. One dps dies, group is down 25% of their dps.

Your 16 man raid has 10-11 dps. One of them dies, raid loses 10% dps.

Edited by TheVoidStalker

It goes both ways though - 8 mans being smaller sized are easier to coordinate and doesn't have some of the logistics problems that a 16 man would have.

On the other hand - 16 mans have more people - which means you can carry some people even if they are terrible.

In my opinion, 8 man should be easier than 16 man but up the 16 man loot - more drops or whatever.

8 man is already harder. You're confusing their existing design philosophy with future intent.

The only boss somewhat harder on 8 man compared to 16 man is Nightmare Soa. Everything else is either a joke and can't be compared to whats easier or 16 man Nightmare is slightly harder.

For example:

Let's pretend you're group is running with 2 tanks, 4 dps, 2 healers. One dps dies, group is down 25% of their dps.

no I'm taking Gabe at his word when the question is about 16's being harder and he answers "not intended" instead of "this isn't the case"

For example:

Someone obviously hasn't played both 8 man and 16 man currently.

Also:

/sign

I don't see bioware taking the appropriate route and just designing appropriate mechanics for both 8 man and 16 man seperately. So the whole thing about making 16 man a snooze for people just takes the piss and removes the choice.

Edited by silverprovidence

For example:

So very, very wrong.

Please provide any evidence the fights at 16 are harder.

How about, same mechanics, with less space and more people?

Soa has more balls, more people, same amount of space.

Bonethrasher, same mechanics, same amount of space.

16 Droid. Have fun with lots of melee in that fight. Oh and same mechanics, more people, same amount of space

Jarg and Sorno. Just try the fight NM 16 you will see the difference.

Its really not debatable. Anyone has cleared both will hand down agree 16 man is harder.

I am willing to bet you have not cleared this content on 16 man by you posting this, and if you have you are just trolling.