Underwhelmed by what sentinels got in 6.0

Spasi

I expected more.The new skill we get "clarity" is honestly just outright annoying to use, we have only 2 set bonuses that are worth something for all 3 specs.I mean everyone is gonna run fearless set for pve and culling blade for pvp. The tacticals are where i am the most disappointed. Some just annoy me with their existence for instance the one for watchman that gives merciless slash the ability to execute weak and standard enemies bellow 30% heath. That is completely and utterly useless for any content. All sentinel tacticals are underwhelming or outright bad as to where no one would even even want to use them. AoE blade rush rly??? Concentrated slash refunding more focus REALLY? Who the hell needed more focus with focus spec. Dont misunderstand me i am not saying they are bad. There are a few that i like and are quite good but they aren't anything spectacular like we expected. In fact ALL OF THEM COULD HAVE BEEN UTILITIES AND WE WOULDN'T EVEN BAT AN EYE. Meanwhile we have classes like shadow/assassin that were overbuffed by this and especially their sets. 100% crit for SIX SECONDS?!!?!? Honestly most of my criticism are from a point of view of a PVPer. Its where the major issues lie. PvE is simple and you can make most things work there. I dont see the "play your way" i see only **** items and sets noone would ever even come close to using. Edited by Spasi

I don't know, having a full set of 306 Fearless Descent and running Cauterized Coronary tactical provides a strong PvE set, the burn from Concentrated Slice is a good 10% approx damage increase. If you are comparing it to what Shadows have, I have a 306 Death Knell set with the Two Cloaks tactical and whilst this makes Shadows competitive in PvE I wouldn't say it's better and there are few options that I feel are worthwhile investments for dps, we received an utterly useless in PvE 75 skill when compared to the excellent Knight skill (if the damage buff you get is annoying to you, then thar's your opinion not fact). I have pulled off bigger crits with my Sent than I have with my Shadow.

Would I like more choice? I suppose so, but honestly Sentinel walked away with a good set with damage centric bonuses without largely altering rotations (playing Concentration here) a strong damage increase skill and a great tactical that again synergises with the overall set design.

That you are PvPing shows, I've not tested the gear from that perspective yet. Sounds like I'm going to gave some fun either way!

Sorry you aren't liking the changes, hopefully in time you'll find a combination you like or... another class you enjoy more!

Edited by Farstrider

I don't know, having a full set of 306 Fearless Descent and running Cauterized Coronary tactical provides a strong PvE set, the burn from Concentrated Slice is a good 10% approx damage increase. If you are comparing it to what Shadows have, I have a 306 Death Knell set with the Two Cloaks tactical and whilst this makes Shadows competitive in PvE I wouldn't say it's better and there are few options that I feel are worthwhile investments for dps, we received an utterly useless in PvE 75 skill when compared to the excellent Knight skill (if the damage buff you get is annoying to you, then thar's your opinion not fact). I have pulled off bigger crits with my Sent than I have with my Shadow.

Would I like more choice? I suppose so, but honestly Sentinel walked away with a good set with damage centric bonuses without largely altering rotations (playing Concentration here) a strong damage increase skill and a great tactical that again synergises with the overall set design.

That you are PvPing shows, I've not tested the gear from that perspective yet. Sounds like I'm going to gave some fun either way!

Sorry you aren't liking the changes, hopefully in time you'll find a combination you like or... another class you enjoy more!

Its not like i hate the changes, i just don't like the direction they went with them. Besides i did specify most of my criticism is from a point of view of a PvPer. For PvE its fine , although i disagree that concentration got rotation altering items and set bonuses. Concentration and Watchman got some good things for both pvp and pve but where my issues in PvE lie is with Combat. As an Ataru form connoisseur the PvE tactical is incredibly clunky as to how it works (blade rush tactical) and for PvP it boils down to 25% bonus damage on clashing blast. Sure you can do other things but they arent nearly as effective (aside from blade rush tactical in PvP its actually hilarious).As for the new knight ability i do agree with you that i personally have issues with using it and it boils down to not having large enough hands and running out of keybinds.

Edited by Spasi