Maintenance: 22 October 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

We will be bringing down the servers in order to deploy Patch 4.0a.

Date: Thursday, October 22nd 2015

Time: 3AM - 7AM PDT (11AM - 3PM BST)

Version: 4.0a

Patch Notes will be available tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

@TaitWatson can we get some word on the thousands of paying customers that were basically put in FTP mode while early access is up.

Great, over 24 hours trying to download the last patch due to the stupid new launcher (it's ONLY SWTOR that has an issue, so it's not my end, and only since the new launcher was introduced), and now I've got another one to get. So much for the early access I'm supposed to get.

I hope they fix the terrible thing where your level is synced on planets. It is stupid. I spend all of that time getting gear and working on my character only to go to a planet and be weaker? It then makes leveling seem as more a restriction than anything because it provides almost no real advantage and only prevents you from accessing certain content until you reach a level. It makes leveling arbitrary. You're telling me that I'm a Dark Council Elite but I'm only level 15 on Korriban? I'm a member of the Sith ruling body and I'm weaker than the generic questgivers? What is even the point of attaining power?

You ruined leveling. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power I gain access to a couple flashpoints and raids I could already access last week without being level 65.

I hope they fix the terrible thing where your level is synced on planets. It is stupid. I spend all of that time getting gear and working on my character only to go to a planet and be weaker? It then makes leveling seem as more a restriction than anything because it provides almost no real advantage and only prevents you from accessing certain content until you reach a level. It makes leveling arbitrary. You're telling me that I'm a Dark Council Elite but I'm only level 15 on Korriban? I'm a member of the Sith ruling body and I'm weaker than the generic questgivers? What is even the point of attaining power?

You ruined leveling. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power I gain access to a couple flashpoints and raids I could already access last week without being level 65.

Wow spoken like a true Sith, I completely agree. I too am a Dark Council member and now some random riffraf on a planet I conquered, long before attaining the rest of my power, is able to beat me if I group too many? One part that made the game fun is going back to other planets and seeing how much stronger you had become, feeling like the legend that you had become, now I may as well be any other soldier and not a main character.

Bioware,

You had given us something very few games have done in the past and make us all care about and love our characters with the freedom of choice and customization, playing in the wonderful star wars universe that you had made. It made the game feel alive, and as your game expanded it allowed us to also make our characters grow and feel more and more apart of the lore and legend you had created. We became just as powerful as the lore and game had intended us to become, now its almost taken a step back with it. In the Star Wars universe some few rise to such power that they can destroy armies and we could just a week ago, now everyone in this universe seems just a bit weaker than me, from weak and feeble slaves, weak creatures to the Darths, and Emporer, and Heros and Villians of legend. How in anyway does that make sense, and so far Bioware has done an amazing job of mixing lore with features. Again this feels like a step back and limiting the growth and advancement we have all worked so hard for in the past.

There are many other reasons besides this, and we have discussed it at length here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843192

I believe this feature should be optional and changed through your preferences menu under social. If you believe this would be a good equal medium and still allow people to take advantage of certain perks of being scaled, leave a comment saying so.

Thank you.

Edited by xlDaemonlx
Forgot to add something.

I had to log in to all of the characters I got them on. Once I did, they were all unlocked in my legacy.

I have logged in all my characters several times, especially the character I know I did the Nar Shaddaa datacrons with.

I still got four datacrons not unlocked, I guess I have to do them again.

I'm really hating this too. On one hand I understand that people complained about being one-hit killed and harassed by 60lvl running around leveling areas. But now some achievements to kill 5000-10000 enemies is just ridiculous when a single mob fight takes half a minutes instead of 2-3 seconds.

I think they should do it just for PVP combat

We will be bringing down the servers in order to deploy Patch 4.0a.

Don't forget to give the companions weapons in their hands in that cut scene where

Valkorian shows them to us in Act 2. They look like they're back to back begging and making lewd gestures instead of preparing to defend themselves.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Don't forget to give the companions weapons in their hands in that cut scene where

Valkorian shows them to us in Act 2. They look like they're back to back begging and making lewd gestures instead of preparing to defend themselves.

Which class were you? Didn't have this on my Warrior.

I'm REALLY hope that BW will fix terrible gear that comms vendors currently have. It's overloaded with defense and nor Assassin nor Powertech cannot gear-up properly.

Also i would REALLY love to fix for new "Critical rating". It's not working correctly. Indeed - it add both Crit and Surge.

But proportions are disbalanced. My sorcerer-healer currently have like 35% crit chance. But surge is hardly reach 60%.

This is not how it suppose to be.

I'm really hating this too. On one hand I understand that people complained about being one-hit killed and harassed by 60lvl running around leveling areas. But now some achievements to kill 5000-10000 enemies is just ridiculous when a single mob fight takes half a minutes instead of 2-3 seconds.

I think they should do it just for PVP combat

So much this. I was doing a quest on Ilum on my 65 and it took forever just to cross the map, random NPCs were pulling me backwards and stunning me. So irritating.