Class Changes: Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel

EricMusco

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so god damn retarded. Overpeforming? OK. Sure. We're overperforming. Us and our 20k - 23k crits. You going to do the same to mercs and snipers and reduce their crits? Because I think they are the ones overperforming you retarded ****s. I am so *********** done. It's just hit after hit. Sentinel and Marauders do not need nerfs. We need buffs. **** we need healing capabilities. So we better get that as a trade off for our damage being reduced you lying sacks of ****. We are the one class that has only ever been nerfed. You cowardly *****. NEVER *********** buff any other class. THEY DON'T NEED IT! EVER! **** you Bioware. You can take rebuke and shove it up your asses. If you had any balls you'd turn that **** defensive into a reflect. OVERPERFORMING! What a *********** joke. How about you ****s go play as sentinels and marauders from the ground up and see how OVERPERFOMRING you do. We've paid our dues for 1.X. Stop beating the dead horse. ****. I was actually *********** optimistic about this. At least now I know to never trust you *********** again.

This is so gosh darn retarded. Overpeforming? OK. Sure. We're overperforming. Us and our 20k - 23k crits. You going to do the same to mercs and snipers and reduce their crits? Because I think they are the ones overperforming you retarded ****s. I am so *********** done. It's just hit after hit. Sentinel and Marauders do not need nerfs. We need buffs. **** we need healing capabilities. So we better get that as a trade off for our damage being reduced you lying sacks of ****. We are the one class that has only ever been nerfed. You cowardly *****. NEVER *********** buff any other class. THEY DON'T NEED IT! EVER! **** you Bioware. You can take rebuke and shove it up your asses. If you had any balls you'd turn that **** defensive into a reflect. OVERPERFORMING! What a *********** joke. How about you ****s go play as sentinels and marauders from the ground up and see how OVERPERFOMRING you do. We've paid our dues for 1.X. Stop beating the dead horse. ****. I was actually *********** optimistic about this. At least now I know to never trust you *********** again.

Carnage dps was op, and their defensives are some of the best in the game only behind mercs and snipers. Sincerely, someone who's favorite spec right now by far is carnage.

This is so gosh darn retarded. Overpeforming? OK. Sure. We're overperforming. Us and our 20k - 23k crits. You going to do the same to mercs and snipers and reduce their crits? Because I think they are the ones overperforming you retarded ****s. I am so *********** done. It's just hit after hit. Sentinel and Marauders do not need nerfs. We need buffs. **** we need healing capabilities. So we better get that as a trade off for our damage being reduced you lying sacks of ****. We are the one class that has only ever been nerfed. You cowardly *****. NEVER *********** buff any other class. THEY DON'T NEED IT! EVER! **** you Bioware. You can take rebuke and shove it up your asses. If you had any balls you'd turn that **** defensive into a reflect. OVERPERFORMING! What a *********** joke. How about you ****s go play as sentinels and marauders from the ground up and see how OVERPERFOMRING you do. We've paid our dues for 1.X. Stop beating the dead horse. ****. I was actually *********** optimistic about this. At least now I know to never trust you *********** again.

All this over a 200 dps loss? Other specs were completely gutted. I think carnage got away with murder this pass. If carnage was my main, I would be letting out a huge sigh of relief that bioware went easy on it. The class is practically unchanged and will still be the king (in the high skilled tier, that is).

Edited by DenariusJay

You know they nerfed both Merc Specs and 2 of 3 Sniper Specs In the last patch. They nerfed the Crit on MM back in 4.0 to 10%. Considering these nerfs will still put Carnage better than Fury and make it still preferred over Anni for most fights most of the other Burst Meele specs. But yeah....

Hoooooooooly.

In Pve, even with these small nerfs, Carnage will probably still be the #1 MDPS spec in game.

Deception is probably going to be more viable/competitive.

You have no reason to be upset, this is far, far less than I expected based on how they dumpstered Arsenal and Snipers.

I don't really agree with this one. The Mara/Sent specs are tougher to keep alive than some others. Yes their damage output is higher but they have less survivability. Are you looking at their DPS over an entire WZ/FP/Op or over a period of time?

You just aren't playing with good people

This nerf is too small. Carnage will still be parsing 600 dps higher then madness, 200 higher then hatred (which should be 5 % higher then carnage) about the same as pyro (again pyro should be significantly higher) and trailing only deception (which itself needs a roughly 400-500 dps nerf) if bioware are to get their target dps groups in order. Even with the buff to fury and the nerf to carnage, fury will still parse less then carnage where it should be 2.5% higher.

This nerf is too small. Carnage will still be parsing 600 dps higher then madness, 200 higher then hatred (which should be 5 % higher then carnage) about the same as pyro (again pyro should be significantly higher) and trailing only deception (which itself needs a roughly 400-500 dps nerf) if bioware are to get their target dps groups in order. Even with the buff to fury and the nerf to carnage, fury will still parse less then carnage where it should be 2.5% higher.

That's true. But we won't see these adjustments any time soon now. Hell, they haven't even said anything about Deception and its hitting almost the same as Carnage atm.

For instance, IO/Eng should be hitting 2.5% more than Virulence, and they are all about the same.

Don't expect to have any balance with classes any time soon. It's all a mess. Seeing the Carnage """Nerf""" only confirms that, having Carnage in the same category as IO/Eng/Madness it will still be hitting considerable more.

this game is a joke right now m8s

Observations:

1.) These changes show that they (wombat team) still can't really calculate ferocity window clipping on carnage correctly basically. Maybe they are ware of it but forgot to implement it in their formulas or it's a hastle to implement it in the calculation. So yes literally Combat/Carnage got away with murder after these "slap on the wrist" Hey good for them, I am happy for Carnage, but some classes still underperform their target I think especially in comparison to when others outperform after adjustments so this creates imbalances.

2.) dps Deception sins are probably above their target but are underrepresented in Ops since the tank spec is a must have in any endgame raiding group. So they (wombat team) did not feel urgency to adjust it down just yet - but I am pretty sure changes will come.

3.) specs in each of the damage categories can be doing a range of dps say 250 max dps from lowest to highest in the category - 250 dps is a number that is not egregious given all the other variables that come into play. but this is not the case at the moment. Unadjusted Deception is still 800dps+ over the lowest (Madness), and now adjusted Carnage will be about 500dps above madness at least, clocking @ 10,1K-10,25K still. There are a bunch of specs with with best/max numbers around 10K number in the "on target" category - so that is good, but there will still be several pretty extreme outliers.

Edited by ottffsse

Observations:

1.) These changes show that they (wombat team) still can't really calculate ferocity window clipping on carnage correctly basically. Maybe they are ware of it but forgot to implement it in their formulas or it's a hastle to implement it in the calculation. So yes literally Combat/Carnage got away with murder after these "slap on the wrist" adjustments.

2.) dps deception sins are probably underrepresented in Ops since the tank spec is a must have in any endgame raiding group. So they (wombat team) did not feel urgency to adjust it down just yet - but I am pretty sure changes will come.

3.) specs in each of the damage categories can be doing a range of dps say 250 max dps from lowest to highest in the category - 250 dps is a number that is not egregious given all the other variables that come into play. but this is not the case at the moment. Unadjusted Deception is still 800dps+ over the lowest (Madness), and now adjusted Carnage will be about 500dps above madness at least, clocking @ 10,1K-10,25K still. There are a bunch of specs with with best/max numbers around 10K number in the "on target" category - so that is good, but there will still be several pretty extreme outliers.

Clipping could have easily being fixed by making the ferocity window affect the next 3 abilities and last say 5-6 secs to stop getting a "double window" between phases. I imagine PVPers would like this as well as their ferocity window wouldn't be destroyed by a stun.

Since top Carnage/Combat parses are basically equal to Annhilation/Watchman i'm not shocked by this at all. It also doesn't feel heavy handed so overall I'm neither shocked no disappointed with these changes.

Yeah I struggle to understand some of the people that disagree, sure I get that players want to run OP specs and see super high numbers, but it doesn't make sense that a burst spec (Carnage) does the same dps as the sustain version Annihilation.

Pretty much the nerf that I expected.

A small one as it should be.

All you complainers are funny though.Most of you don't even main a Mara and NONE of you can actually do the clipping trick.There are 20 guys who can...on a dummy parse and you expected that BW would balance the spec around that...

Flash news: balance revolves around the average player so stop using top parse as your example omg!

All you complainers are funny though.Most of you don't even main a Mara and NONE of you can actually do the clipping trick.There are 20 guys who can...on a dummy parse and you expected that BW would balance the spec around that...

Flash news: balance revolves around the average player so stop using top parse as your example omg!

Nice.

I kind of agree (at least in regard to carnage looking bellow).

Average dps (classes in "at target dps" category) -rdps sutained/ melee burst. Parsley, 2.5 mil target

Concealment - 9418.48dps (pre-nerf)

Deception - 9388.63dps (still untouched)

IO - 9342.66dps (adjusted as of 5.3)

Carnage - 9318.53 (pre-nerf)

Rage - 9317.11 (still untouched)

Engineering - 9298.11 (adjusted as of 5.3)

Advanced Prototype - 9224.3dps (still untouched)

Madness - 8707.42dps (adjusted as of 5.3)

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

Do these averages lie? - also, mainly people who actively raid hm+ content upload to parsley.

Nice.

I kind of agree (at least in regard to carnage looking bellow).

Average dps (classes in "at target dps" category) -rdps sutained/ melee burst. Parsley, 2.5 mil target

Concealment - 9418.48dps (pre-nerf)

Deception - 9388.63dps (still untouched)

IO - 9342.66dps (adjusted as of 5.3)

Carnage - 9318.53 (pre-nerf)

Rage - 9317.11 (still untouched)

Engineering - 9298.11 (adjusted as of 5.3)

Advanced Prototype - 9224.3dps (still untouched)

Madness - 8707.42dps (adjusted as of 5.3)

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

Do these averages lie? - also, mainly people who actively raid hm+ content upload to parsley.

I understand that you main a madness sorc that's why you are so salty.

All I see from these averages is that carnage is well balanced, even more after the nerf.

So cry me rivers.

I mean, as someone who plays carnage a lot, I'd love it if they balanced around the average player, since then carnage would be so far above the rest of the specs at a high skill level. But realistically, balancing parses around better players and nim content is more important because dps checks don't really exist in sm/hm content. If someone plays a madness sorc in sm and hm and are having troubles with dps checks then they can get better. If someone plays a madness sorc in nim content and have already mastered the spec and are still having troubles with dps checks, then they will need to reroll.

I mean, as someone who plays carnage a lot, I'd love it if they balanced around the average player, since then carnage would be so far above the rest of the specs at a high skill level. But realistically, balancing parses around better players and nim content is more important because dps checks don't really exist in sm/hm content. If someone plays a madness sorc in sm and hm and are having troubles with dps checks then they can get better. If someone plays a madness sorc in nim content and have already mastered the spec and are still having troubles with dps checks, then they will need to reroll.

Sorry then

What I meant was that if they balance carnage around clipping then the spec would be unplayable for the vast majority of the player base.

Well, this is already the case. Don't know about you, but Dps Sorcerer isn't really the class you'd take in NiM raid ^^'

The thing that bother me isn't really the nerf, the spec was op on certain point and this should help making it on the same level as the other «average/fine where they are spec» (Deception Assassin, Annihilation Marauder imo ^^' )

Still, I thought they would change the Ferocity window, allowing it to work on the 3 next attack, instead of just 3sec... but I think BW is already late with their next G.U. so they didn't took the time to do it :/

At least the spec didn't got nuked like Merc did, but still Fury underperform Carnage, I hoped that the changes would be viable for it too :/