Predictions regarding the most popular crafting skill?

Ashnazg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Never tinkered with biochem in either beta invite- what sort of reusable consumables we talking about?

Reusable medkits, reusable stat boots (I believe its 90 to primary stat, and something like 40 to a 2ndary stat), reusable short-term massive boosts (e.g. 500 to a 2ndary stat for 15 secs), as well as implants.

Reusable medkits, reusable stat boots (I believe its 90 to primary stat, and something like 40 to a 2ndary stat), reusable short-term massive boosts (e.g. 500 to a 2ndary stat for 15 secs), as well as implants.

The numbers arent nearly that high but biochem does make some amazing stuff

While those reusable medpacs and stims would be nice having to keep Biochem in order to use them means I will most likely go with arms or cybertech. Crafting a speeder would be nice especially if it's better than anyone you can find at stores.

Ive only found one schematic for a speeder on all the sites ive checked. I doubt itll be better than all the other speeders. but there would be a great deal of prestige for having it

Biochem will be useful for every single class, especially for all the implants. Other than that artifice will be great for force users as it makes MUCH more than just crystals and lightsabers. Synthweaving will be very nice once you have recipes for moddable armor (also it makes all three classes of armor so it can be useful to any force user).

cybertech will make a FEW things that every class can use but is much more useful to non force users. and then obviously armormech and armstech will be solely for ur non force users.

Good Luck everyone!

Hard to say at this point. Based on previous experience, gathering skills usually will rake in the most dough on the AH ... ahem, GTN. That would be bioanalysis, scavenging, archaeology and slicing. Too many people will probably go bio because they all know health pots, ahem, medkits and stims are going to be in high demand. However scavenging and slicing help in the flashpoints I've done so far, and they provide materials for upgrades. That's a quite a bit more in depth than just building blasters and armor.

Really hard to say at this point what's going to be popular and what isn't.

I have a feeling that it will be Biochem and Cybertech. I'm going Biochem because I feel like there are multiple ways to get gear in the game (so no Synthweaving for my Consular). Artifice is tempting because it makes a TON of stuff that is useful for all classes.

But, Biochem's re-useable items will save me tons of credits in the long run. So, Biochem for my main who will PvP and raid.

Edited by Fyresygn

Biochem will be the most prevalent for Min/Maxers and MMO vets (since it is really the only profession that sells "consumable" items). I am not sure if it will be the most used since you really only need 1 Biochemist in a guild.

If I had to bet, I think Artifice will since everyone and their mother will be making a Jedi/Sith.